• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pawnshop find

moochy28

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2007
Maryville,Tn.
Well picked up this Daniel Defense DD5V4 6.5 creed w/ Sig Whiskey 5 scope,Atlas PSR ,new Pelican 1750 case, Magpul 50rd magazine with a spare 20rd mag. Rifle looks real good All for under 2k out the door. Hopefully its a good rifle, no experience with the Daniel Defense rifle
I already switched out the Sig Whiskey 5 for my older Vortex PST.

F5D95A6F-E61B-4A1A-AC0D-15FEE54E9BD9.jpeg0AC361B6-BC28-4A6D-B221-A9C46FC8DCAB.jpegF7D8BF78-A270-49DA-A395-EB4F9DF62F7D.jpeg0340738F-0B6F-4CB3-AD7F-496F44A272AF.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes I like the Vortex PST a lot better, not my first choice but one I could spare for now, gotta see if I am going to like the AR10..

Reactions: stello1001
Yes I like the Vortex PST a lot better, not my first choice but one I could spare for now, gotta see if I am going to like the AR10..

i didnt know if I’d like my first ar10 either at first but I see more of them in your future.

Reactions: moochy28
Fucken pawnbrokers.
I've had mates desperate enough to go to those arse bandits.
I would rather have given them the money if I had known.
Scum of the earth.
DnDB3Q4ktRZuw.gif

I laughed harder than I should have.

Poor Bastard: But man, I paid $4,000 for all this, I still have the receipts. And I haven't even shot it yet!

Pawnshop: Yeah but you have to understand we have to make money too dude. We'll probably end up listing it for like 700 and be lucky if we get 550.

PB: Yeah, okay, I guess you're right. I'll take $575, thanks for being so generous.
The show “Pawn Stars” was totally playing in my head haha.
OP got a good deal.

So have you shot them? I am just curious what to expect.
They shoot like piss the gunn is super lightweight, recoil is harsh and they are not very accurate. We had 2 and sold them quickly.

There is a reason nobody reccomends them as large frame AR.

Good luck

So have you shot them? I am just curious what to expect.
There are things you can do to tame them like aggressively adjusting the gas flow with an adjustable gas block, aggressive muzzle brake, adding weight somewhere, A2 style rifle buffer and tube, etc.

At the end of the day, if you hate it I guarantee you'll get what you paid back out of it lol

Shoot it and see what it does.

For the price for what you got I think it sounds pretty good. Could have done a LOT worse.

You can always flip it and save a few shekels and walk into an FN Mk20 if you want a killer semi auto.

The people that are saying it's crap are they referring to that exact model/brand or ar10s in general? I don't see the reason for hate on an AR10 because they shoot really nice if setup properly and are a real blast to use. My aero/jp ar10 is a half moa rifle and has literally no recoil with the omega can and a silent capture spring. It's quiet, tame, and the reticle barely moves from your target from shot to shot...

Well got me a new trigger ordered for it going with the Trigertech Diamond, so will wait till I receive it next week.

Before you shoot it...

I would clean the bore thoroughly.

And good find... if the perceived recoil is harsh, I'd get an Adj. GB.

All my Large Frame AR's have them... the difference in the recoil impulse is dramatic in a 308 / 6.5CM.
My SLR's all are set at about 6 clicks open, of the available 15 clicks open.

Easier on you , easier on the brass, easier follow up shots, easier on the parts.

I had the chance to put rounds through a 20 inch 6.5 Creedmore. Gun was a great shooter it was completely stock but 5 headshots in a row at around 280 yards even with the awful mil spec trigger . I didn't notice recoil that much, it seemed to shoot pretty soft