• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos pay attention when you reload

tacdrver

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2011
califorina
m1a blown up.... no one was hurt... stock destroyed, bolt locked up, mag in pieces and bottom metal twisted.. this is a reminder to pay attention when you reload because this is a result of a simple mistake that could have ended up alot worse...

Re: pay attention when you reload

What was the mistake? did they use a fast burning pistol powder?

i belive it to be a powder problem, we have not pulled the other bullets to measure the powder yet...

nothing happened to me just a little back blast in the face....

i have no idea of the load data... grandpas rifle, grandpas reloads and and i was the one to lucky one to pull the trigger.. better me then him at age of 75 u no... hes been reloading for 40+ years and never had a problem...

I am glad you are ok... Sorry about your Grandpa's rifle. It was a beautiful weapon!

The way the stock cracked it nuts! Glad your ok.

WOW!

Damn, 43 grs of blue dot was like a stick of dynamite....

Sure glad no-one was hurt. That will be a wall hanger for sure...

wow...a friend of mine has a 5 station dillon that has a powder guage on it. He got it free because the guy that gave it to him wasn't running the guage and underloaded, shot and plugged his barrel and shot again...BOOM bye bye M1A ntl match. He was alright, just didn't trust the mass production method any more. Glad you're ok!

Something similar to this happen to a good friend and it took off his left index finger with the bottom metal. Needless to say he got very lucky

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yachtee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Something similar to this happen to a good friend and it took off his left index finger with the bottom metal. Needless to say he got very lucky</div></div>

sorry to hear that man... maybe i got lucky because i shoot left handed..

Glad you're not hurt. It sucks to see this kind of thing about reloads, but it happens with factory ammo too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow...a friend of mine has a 5 station dillon that has a powder guage on it. He got it free because the guy that gave it to him wasn't running the guage and underloaded, shot and plugged his barrel and shot again...BOOM bye bye M1A ntl match. He was alright, just didn't trust the mass production method any more. Glad you're ok!</div></div>I reload Rifle on a Dillon 550 but I don't use the progressive stages on it. I use a Redding BT Powder measure for the powder charge and the seat the bullet. I don't trust it on rifles. It may be just me because I am paranoid.

Maybe time to buy granpa a new rifle and couple of cases of factory ammo...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D-SKIT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe time to buy granpa a new rifle and couple of cases of factory ammo...</div></div>

Yea.....And some new undies for the shooter....