• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision PD PRO 16B binocular Night vision with 4G Intens tubes

Lowdown3

Supporter
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2020
PD-PRO-16B Binocular Night vision with 4G Intens WP

PD_PRO-2408196.jpg

PD-PRO 16B Binocular night vision

SHIPPING QUICKLY! About the only dual tube NV set shipping quickly- 1-3 weeks

The PD-PRO-16B meets all mission critical needs in an extremely small and lightweight package. Designed for operations in harsh environments worldwide, the system is rugged, light and powerful.

The military grade quality and craftsmanship is also a favorite of the hunters and outdoorsmen.

*Comparison based on the average of available 18mm binocular systems

25% smaller*

Features a Photonis 4G INTENS 16mm White phosphor tube- Note: Photonis calls their technology "4G" but that does NOT mean fourth generation!

The Photonis Defense PD-PRO-16B is the lightest and smallest binocular device available to the market. Designed from the ground up around the Photonis 4G 16mm tube, the PD-PRO-16B takes full advantage of all the capabilities of its 18mm cousin and demonstrates outstanding performance across the full spectrum of mission-critical needs.

Strong, environmentally resistant, and logically designed, the PD-PRO-16B sets a new standard for performance in a much more compact package. Every component incorporated into the device is designed to maximize the systems 4G performance. An aerospace metal alloy housing makes it environmentally resistant to an electromagnetic pulse, extreme heat, cold, and salt. Each PD-PRO device is water-resistant to industry-leading levels; specialized objective lenses using German proprietary optical coatings take advantage of the full spectrum capability of the image intensifier tube. A long-lasting battery extends your operational use well beyond current standards.

IMG_0899-2408198.jpg

The PD-PRO-16B is what operators have been asking for but unable to get with a standard 18mm system.

Basic Kit Includes: PD-PRO-16B goggle, soft carry bag, daylight safe lens caps, eyecups, sacrificial filters, AA battery, lens cleaning device, custom storage case, quick start guide, access to digital operators manual. *Note: Dive variant only, tested to 2-hour/20-meter US MIL-STD-810G requirement. The standard variant is submersible to 10 meters. Please note that salt water restrictions apply to the magnesium PD-PRO-16B variant.

lighter and smaller night vision goggles. Years of use have shown that in many cases heavy systems may be the contributing factor to head, neck and shoulder injuries among night vision users. With this knowledge, we worked alongside current and former military personnel, to design and produce night vision goggles that are significantly smaller and lighter than current systems on the market. We were able to achieve this goal by utilizing our very own evolutionary 4G 16mm image intensifier tubes and 4G Hybrid-18mm tubes to create the PD-PRO Series. The PD-PRO series is truly re-defining the night vision standard with smaller and lighter systems that still maintain exceptionally high performance.

IMG_0900-2408200.jpg

Each PD-PRO night vision goggle offers users the unique ability to see 30% more of the visible light spectrum, from below 400 nm to above 1,000nm. We’ve labeled this feature Hypersense™ for its ability to give operators superior situational awareness in their surroundings and the option to utilize laser designators and illuminators that are not visible to night vision goggles using standard industry image intensifiers. Night vision professionals using a PD-PRO system equipped with Hypersense™ get a superior advantage out in the field with the ability to see more of their surroundings. Before the release of the PD-PRO series this distinctive capability had never been seen on any other leading night vision systems.

The PD-PRO Series was specifically designed to maximize the capabilities and performance of each individual component. For low-light level operations night vision professionals require a high level of contrast, definition and resolution in order to move throughout their environment, this is where Spec Optics™ comes in. Spec Optics™ refers to the precision German manufactured optics that have been coated and specifically formulated to enhance the performance of a Photonis 4G image intensifier tube. Each PD-PRO system is equipped with our innovative Spec Optics™ to ensure that you can get the best possible performance out of your image intensifier tube and harness the true power of Hypersense™.

Specifications

Horizontal FOV

41°

Vertical FOV

40°

Focus Range

7.9 inches to infinity

Spectral Sensitivity

Below 400nm to above 1,000nm

Tube Type

Auto-Gated Photonis 4G 16mm

Battery Life

20 hours @ 72°F (21°C) w/ lithium batteries

Operating Temp

-60°F to +131°F (21°C to +55°C)

Weight

<12 oz. (<490 grams) w/ internal battery- see pic for actual weight

Submersible*

66 feet (20 meters)

To add a helmet mount for this model, use the options menu for "PD Helmet mount" and put a "1" in the text field.

PD-PRO-16B Binocular NIght vision

Reactions: stefan73
What are the minimum specs on the 4g tubes in there binos?

FOM will do, but I’m most concerned with center resolution.

What are the minimum specs on the 4g tubes in there binos?

FOM will do, but I’m most concerned with center resolution.
“We have not adopted the 2376 MIN FOM moniker for 16mm tubes. Within Photonis Defense 18mm 4G means a low end FOM of 1800 with a typical FOM of 2200 or higher; and 18mm 4G+ means 2300 FOM or higher. We don't use the "plus" designation in the US, therefore 18mm 4G tubes sold in the USA will mean a typical FOM of 2200 or higher. With 16mm the typical 4G FOM will be 2000 or higher.”

Last edited:
GBMaryland - we've been seeing usually 2200-around 2400 FOM on these units.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Reactions: stefan73
The reason I ask if because while really cool, I’d want at least a 2600-2900 FOM out of a 4G tube. I’ve had that in prior Intens tubes back in the day, and they were outstanding.

I think the highest I can remember in any Photonis tube I've seen was around 2500 or so. That's in a few thousand tubes over the last 5-6 years, but mostly Echos.

Yeah, there is no doubt about it, the 4G units you are selling are the way to go. My tubes in my Intens unit were 2580 and 2690 ish.

They were crazy outstanding in all sorts of conditions, and truly gave even the current L3’s and Ebit high end tubes a run for their money. …but the key was that they had to have an 81 or higher center resolution… and one had 78 and the other 81…

Last edited:
Reactions: Lowdown3
I have a set of these. I know L3 WP is what all the cool kids are rockin’, but if you’re in an Urban/Suburban environment with lots of mixed lighting, these are actually BETTER in those environments than high-FOM L3 WPs.

That, and they’re bonkers tiny! And… Magnesium baby!

In my hand:
324F3B12-4BA9-453C-BDD2-7FC29ADDE46B.jpeg

I have a set of these. I know L3 WP is what all the cool kids are rockin’, but if you’re in an Urban/Suburban environment with lots of mixed lighting, these are actually BETTER in those environments than high-FOM L3 WPs.

That, and they’re bonkers tiny! And… Magnesium baby!

In my hand:
View attachment 8071879
Shweet. Waz under the hood.

Specs please.

Looks like papa holding his first born son. :)

Reactions: TheHorta