• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Pelican Case Foam

regency

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
www.patwar.com
I have a Pelican case that came with the foam you cut for your gun. Well, I have sold that gun and would like to get the eggcrate style foam. I am finding it very hard to find and when I do, heck! It is as expensive as the case itself.

Anyone had any luck buying foam for your Pelicans?

I buy mine from thefoamfactory.com

I like closed cell foam. Once you try it you won't be happy with open cell, but it is quite a bit more expensive.

--Daniel

i want to say i seen on midway where you can buy extra foam for the pelican cases

Cases4less.com

A few years back they sold the fitted foam for all the Pelican cases. Hopefully they still do.

Another recommendation for foamfactory. If you need the factory foam for a Pelican, I got some sets from Cheaper than Dirt a while back. I try not to deal with them if I don't have to, but they had a good price at the time (about $60 or so for the full set).

i needed some a couple years ago for the same reason and called them. they sent me some for free even the shipping included. seem to remember they had good customer service.

So... You want to get rid of a Cadillac and buy a Kia? I've used a lot of both. The high density, closed cell has always worked a lot better for me.

Good luck with whichever you decide.
Victor

I talked to these guys at the SHOT show. You layout your guns and accessories on their web site using some pretty slick software. They laser cut and ship you the foam pre-cut. Prices are less than new foam from Pelican.
Custom Foam Case Inserts - MyCaseBuilder.com

I don't mean to trash these guys, or you for that matter, but if you think that $184.68 for JUST THE CUSTOM FOAM on a Pelican 1750 is some kind of bargain or "less than new foam from Pelican" then you are REALLY shopping in the wrong places. I almost spit up on my computer when I saw their pricing.

Pelican P-1750 Long Gun Case with Custom Foam

Is there any chance you're affiliated with them?

I don't mean to trash these guys, or you for that matter, but if you think that $184.68 for JUST THE CUSTOM FOAM on a Pelican 1750 is some kind of bargain or "less than new foam from Pelican" then you are REALLY shopping in the wrong places. I almost spit up on my computer when I saw their pricing.

Pelican P-1750 Long Gun Case with Custom Foam

Is there any chance you're affiliated with them?

Wow, I didn't look at the rifle foam prices; I was mainly looking at the pistol / camera size ones. Last time I bought a "Pelican" foam set it was about $70. When I was briefly browsing the case builder's site, the size I picked was about $50. Looking more closely, that size was for a smaller case than I had replaced before. I was more interested in the technology of the layout and cutting of the foam. Now that you pointed it out, and I've compared a few of comparable sizes their prices are significantly more than replacement Pelican from a discounter. Sorry if sent anyone on the wrong track.

They did have a nice system for the deep cases. They can cut the foam and mount it to a rigid backing so it lifts out like a tray. For a deep case you can have two levels for carrying multiple pistols. It's a neat idea and one you could replicate at home. The foam they were using is a bit stiffer and not prone to tearing out like the Pelican does. No, I'm not even remotely affiliated with them nor have I purchased a set. I wasn't even going to stop at their booth, but the layout software caught my eye. I have about 5 suitcase size Pelicans for camera gear and I've replaced the foam about 3 times in each adjusting for different purposes and have a hard time getting it all laid out just right; hence my interest. Also, the tray idea is appealing as the deep cases I have would work for pistols if they were set up with two levels - again this could be done cheaply by backing the top layer with a sheet of plastic and adding a couple web handles.

Thumbs up on the Pelican Case Foam | Order Foam for Pelican Cases site mentioned below. Great prices. Maybe I'll get some foam from them and try a homemade tray system!

Amazon. I've replaced liners for several different boxes and they use multiple suppliers. Prices seemed reasonable to me.