• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pelican Cases $206

triceratops3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2010
Northern VA
I'm getting ready to purchase my first rifle case that costs more than $40 and im gonna go all out and get a pelican.

I just don't know what color I want, either black or OD green. I'll have a molded in od green stock from manners on the rifle so i kinda want od green, but then i also kinda just want to stick to the standard black.

Any preferences you guys have?

Thanks.

Use Coupon code ar1525

Re: Pelican Cases

Color? you should get the one with Xray proof coating, so the ATF will stay clear of your business. For a small extra fee, Pelican will also include a static guard liner to keep your gun from becoming magnetized over time.

It really comes down to personal preference. Mine (Pelican 1750) is black and I really like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">It really comes down to personal preference.</span></div></div>

^^ this, really, does it matter what color it is?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">It really comes down to personal preference.</span></div></div>

^^ this, really, does it matter what color it is? </div></div>

Henry Ford said black.

I'd also look at a Starlight. The case rigidity as a clam shell case easily beats Pelican. The Pelican latches and lip fit are way less effort. Pelican and Storm are very similar.

No one can tell you what color to get. Optimally; I'd go with yellow or blue and stick a bunch of vague and confusing industry decals on it found off the web.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">It really comes down to personal preference.</span></div></div>

^^ this, really, does it matter what color it is? </div></div>

Henry Ford said black.</div></div>

You can get it in any color, so long as that color is black.

That's what Henry said......

I have a Pelican 1750 and a Storm IM3300.

Both are good but......FWIW I prefer the Storm....slightly deeper and seems better quality to me (shopping around, there's only a couple of quid difference on th eprice here in the UK).

I prefer the Storm's latches, the Pelican latches seem as if they could snap pretty easily (may be wrong, but they seem to shout fragile molded plastic to me).

The Storm's rubberized handles are also a plus.

Whichever way you go on colour
wink.gif
, get the full internal foam and also one of those reusable silica gel tins inside.

GREEN rules. I had a black one with my barrett now I have a starlight with my AI really want a pelican though ughhhhh

Spraypaint it yellow/purple and put music-industry stickers on it such as:

Gibson, Fender, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Led Zeppelin etc etc etc

That way, most folks will think you've got a guitar in there, and not a rifle.

Green, just dont put Lapua, NRA, and other such stickers on it.

This is what I would do,

bio-hazard-symbol.jpg

and

cdc_logo.jpg

Too may people would steel a guitar.

Yeah i was thinking od would look more like a rifle case so people would either steal it or think im crazy because i have a gun.

But i don't think i'll be flying with it anytime soon so i dont think that'll be an issue. I like the guitar and biohazard ideas lol.

thats actually a pretty good idea

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dstewart51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Green, just dont put Lapua, NRA, and other such stickers on it.

This is what I would do,

bio-hazard-symbol.jpg

and

cdc_logo.jpg

Too may people would steel a guitar. </div></div>

I have a 1750 in black and a 1720 in tan. Both are great cases and you will not be disappointed.

My two heavy cases Pelican 1750 and a Cabelas (I forget the number) are Green and Tan respectively. Both are heavy, solid and made to last. Get the one you like best, they should last a life time.

I just looked it up. The Cabelas case is called 'bullet-proof'. Damn heavy but it has wheels and a carrier so makes it easier to travel with. Not a range case, too darn heavy for anything other than travel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Spraypaint it yellow/purple and put music-industry stickers on it such as:

Gibson, Fender, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Led Zeppelin etc etc etc

That way, most folks will think you've got a guitar in there, and not a rifle.</div></div>

Lmao. You have my vote.

Well, I went with the OD Green..

I got it from midway and used the $25 coupon code so it came out to $205.08 shipped via ups. So i pretty much got free shipping, well $0.09 shipping.

code is ar1525 ($25 off of $200 or more.)

Re: Pelican Cases $206

was at a coal mine near gillette wyoming and hey have a bunch of peilican cases around the place. its the longer ones like the 1750? anyway they are all marked with a sticker marked msha med kit.just another idea for stickers if ya want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wlwaldock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats actually a pretty good idea

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dstewart51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Green, just dont put Lapua, NRA, and other such stickers on it.

This is what I would do,

bio-hazard-symbol.jpg

and

cdc_logo.jpg

Too may people would steel a guitar. </div></div> </div></div>

Now where to find them....????

If you have a vinyl decal shop local to you it would literally take 2 seconds to put something together and print to size.

my next case will be a Bass guitar case with music stickers on it, there not to expensive and can be pretty tough, and oh so sneaky.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: triceratops3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm getting ready to purchase my first rifle case that costs more than $40 and im gonna go all out and get a pelican.

I just don't know what color I want, either black or OD green. I'll have a molded in od green stock from manners on the rifle so i kinda want od green, but then i also kinda just want to stick to the standard black.

Any preferences you guys have?

Thanks.

Use Coupon code ar1525 </div></div>
Black is really cool . i have few black cases.
policestuff_2122_76489167-300x275.gif

well i just got my pelican the other day and now i need to decide how i want to decorate it.

Thinking gun stickers would be cool but most of the brands i dont even own, but that doesnt really matter. The guitar idea is unique and the cdc/biohazard idea is just plain awesome. lol

oh has anyone ever tried to remove stickers from a pelican? is it possible?

until then im gonna be leaving it blank.

just heat the stickers with a hair dryer.....as soon as they warm up you'll be good to go. If residual glue remains, there are several cleaning products that will strip the glue fairly easily........including windex i believe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hntelk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm getting those stickers.... </div></div>

I think I am going to get a set for my case for my pistols......