• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

***PENDING SALE*** WTS Original Unertl USMC 10X Sniper Scope w/USO Mod

parkhurstta

SSA CEO
Minuteman
I have an original USMC-issue Unertl fixed-10X Sniper Scope for sale. It is serial number 1313, and I purchased it in December 2017 from the CMP Auction. This is what you need if you're building an M40A1 or M40A3 sniper rifle clone.

The scope is in perfect working condition and has the modification that the Marine Corps contracted with USO for back in the late 90's. The mod simply rectified a problem many scopes were having with the original elevation erector spring. The original was leaf spring arrangement, and sometimes the spring went flat, causing problems with maintaining zero. The USO mod fixed that by drilling a hole in the bottom of the main housing and inserting a more durable coil spring. Then they plugged the hole with the disc you see at the 7 o'clock position on the main housing.

This scope came from CMP with some problems. The turrets were frozen stuck, and a lens had come loose and needed to be set back in place. I sent the scope to Iron Sight to get the internals cleaned up and the lens reattached, and now it's perfectly functional in every way. The glass is clear and the reticle is in great shape. That servicing cost me $350.

I paid $3501 for the scope at auction, so I've got $3851 in it. The first person to offer me $3750 takes it home!

Here's the link to the scope on CMP: USMC Unertl Sniper Scope s/n 1313

For a trade, I'd take an original Unertl 10X Sniper Scope WITHOUT the USO modification. Depending on the condition of said scope, I might be willing to throw in some cash with the deal. Not interested in any other trades right now.

Wow that’s a super cool find. If it doesn’t get much action here there’s a clone FB group that would probably have the members fighting over that thing. Worth every penny!

Reactions: parkhurstta
If you'll accept a Bank Cashiers Check and it goes out on Friday via USPS Priority mail - I'll take it.