• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Penn State goes 0-2

Re: Penn State goes 0-2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">TRAPPED!!!!

You fell for my trap. You're a flip flopper dumbguy and you contradict yourself. </span>

Why 4 years? Because that is what you said multiple times (see below). Every quote was from a different thread.
</div></div>

I actually was setting up the trap for myself, because I knew you would come back with that! Boo yah!!

I did say it multiple times, that Penn State will at the very least, they will be back to where they were per-suspension... and maybe even top 15. Also in 6 years, top 5 is not out of the realm of impossibility. Thank you for quoting me above, to show I am consistent.

Thank you for doing all the work for me! Boo Yah!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now the coaches poll. They are MANDATED? You, of course, have proof of this correct?
</div></div>

Smartguy, does a dumb guy really have to explain this? USC was top 6 in the AP poll last year, but unranked in the Coaches Poll. Why is this?

Does smartguy not know that teams under suspension are not allowed to get votes by the coaches while under suspension?

Here is the final poll of 2011: http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/year/2011

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">HAHAHAHA. So PSU has the entire East Coast rooting for them but SMU only has Dallas? No, SMU has the entire state of Texas and the entire Southwest. </span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Let me laugh at this. Miami was going down because of the shitty coaching, and the criminals disguised as college students. And you want to criticize bandwagon fans and want to mention Florida and Florida State? You obviously don't live in the south because the south is FULL of bandwagon fans.

Face it Eric, it's over. You have nothing more to contribute to this discussion and you've already made firm your position. Your bullshiting over scholarships, attempts at deflection, and going in circles just sounds like yada yada yada.

You said PSU will be a top 15 team within four years.

The clock continues to tick.</span> </div></div>

Smartguy, it's a numbers game! Even a dumb guys knows this.

Penn State has a huge fan base because of a huge student body and huge alumni base. It's "Penn state", short for Pennsylvania State University, and there are satellite campuses throughout the state. Not to mention, just about everyone that lives Penn is both a Steelers fan and Penn State fan.

Florida and Florida State also has a huge Student Body with huge Alumni Base. Miami is a private school with a small student body, much like SMU. Every non-alumni in Florida may be a bandwagon fan, but alumni's usually stick to their own teams. Even if Florida and Florida State loses, you will never see empty stadiums because at least you can get the student body to fill the seats... Not so with Miami or SMU. Check out Miami's game this past week. http://www.wtsp.com/sports/article/27379...all-300-of-them

hahahahahah!!!!!!

Smartguy,

For the Record, my favorite childhood team Not-named-Cal or-Stanford, has always been "The U". So it hurts me to see them down and out, and possibly never get back to the hey days of 1980-2005. 25 years is a pretty good run for anyone.

My other favorite teams is "anyone-that-plays-usc".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I actually was setting up the trap for myself, because I knew you would come back with that! Boo yah!!

I did say it multiple times, that Penn State will at the very least, they will be back to where they were per-suspension... and maybe even top 15. Also in 6 years, top 5 is not out of the realm of impossibility. Thank you for quoting me above, to show I am consistent.

Thank you for doing all the work for me! Boo Yah!</div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold">
Every post you make you lose credibility. You set a trap for yourself because you knew I would come back with that? hahahaha how droll. Of course you did that. You're like the clumsy oaf that falls and then gets up and looks around saying "I meant to do that".

You didn't say they would be back where there were pre-suspension. You said top 15 and top 5.

It's not work to point out how wrong you are in will continue to be for the next four years.

BAMMMM

Clock's ticking. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now the coaches poll. They are MANDATED? You, of course, have proof of this correct?
</div></div>

Smartguy, does a dumb guy really have to explain this? USC was top 6 in the AP poll last year, but unranked in the Coaches Poll. Why is this?

Does smartguy not know that teams under suspension are not allowed to get votes by the coaches while under suspension?

Here is the final poll of 2011: http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/year/2011 </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">I want you to show where it is MANDATED. That is your claim, provide the proof. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Smartguy,

For the Record, my favorite childhood team Not-named-Cal or-Stanford, has always been "The U". So it hurts me to see them down and out, and possibly never get back to the hey days of 1980-2005. 25 years is a pretty good run for anyone.

My other favorite teams is "anyone-that-plays-usc".</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">I don't give two shits who your favorite team is or was. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Thank you for doing all the work for me! Boo Yah!</div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold">
Every post you make you lose credibility. You set a trap for yourself because you knew I would come back with that? hahahaha how droll. Of course you did that. You're like the clumsy oaf that falls and then gets up and looks around saying "I meant to do that".

You didn't say they would be back where there were pre-suspension. You said top 15 and top 5.

It's not work to point out how wrong you are in will continue to be for the next four years.

BAMMMM

Clock's ticking. </span> </div></div>

I said top-5 in 4-6 years is not out of the realm of impossibility for a program like Penn State. You do not agree?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Here is the final poll of 2011: http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/year/2011 </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">I want you to show where it is MANDATED. That is your claim, provide the proof. </span> </div></div>

Smart guy does not know how to use the Internet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Smartguy,

My other favorite teams is "anyone-that-plays-usc".</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">I don't give two shits who your favorite team is or was. </span>

</div></div>

Who is your favorite team? I care man! Cartmann cares.

Penn State wins this weeks game, they might crack the top 25! Can't have that happen!!

LOSE LOSE LOSE LOSE LOSE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Penn State wins this weeks game, they might crack the top 25! Can't have that happen!!

LOSE LOSE LOSE LOSE LOSE </div></div>

If Virginia beat them their doomed...likely to go 0-11

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Penn State wins this weeks game, they might crack the top 25! Can't have that happen!!

If Virginia beat them their doomed...likely to go 0-11 </div></div>

Truth! This is true LOL hahahah
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe40x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe they should put a "tight end" in the end zone </div></div>

In pro football, the double tight end seems to be bak in style.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Penn State wins this weeks game, they might crack the top 25! Can't have that happen!!

wink.gif
</div></div>

Bad news Eric. Penn State won.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Penn State wins this weeks game, they might crack the top 25! Can't have that happen!!

wink.gif
</div></div>

Bad news Eric. Penn State won. </div></div>

Not over yet, Penn State is still far from top-15. In the words of smartguy "the clock is ticking"
wink.gif

Come on IOWA! Beat Penn State so they do not get a top 15 ranking within 4 years!!!!

"The Clock is ticking" -- Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You've accomplished your goal of showing me you have no knowledge of what you're talking about, you can't stay on subject and you're a hypocrite.

Feel free to follow up with whatever you like.

PSU will not be a top 10-15 program within the next 5 years. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is what I'm going to give you.

The count down has begun.

We will see what happens with this program in the next four years. </div></div>

You have said in multiple posts it would take four years or less.

The line is drawn in the sand on our positions. The clock is ticking. [/b] </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bet Cartmann sure feels dumb right about now..... </div></div>

Ohio State should easily beat Penn State this week, but the books don't seem to think so. The Current line is Ohio State is favored by only ONE point.

I am a PSU fan and I can partly understand the anger but at the same time if annoys me. The people responsible are gone and are being punished. I understand the hatred etc but I hold that for those involved not the kids and O'Brien (ironically I am a Bostonian and a Patriots fan obviously). Obviously as a PSU fan I am rooting for them...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am a PSU fan and I can partly understand the anger but at the same time if annoys me. The people responsible are gone and are being punished. I understand the hatred etc but I hold that for those involved not the kids and O'Brien (ironically I am a Bostonian and a Patriots fan obviously). Obviously as a PSU fan I am rooting for them... </div></div>

If tOSU loses this week, you are going to have a lot more people pissed off at you guys.

Any speculation as to how many games Penn State will win this Fall? I predict a .500 record at best and only because they play in the Big 10.

I have to say your probably right, maybe a little better. Im an alabama fan though, but I hope penn state will get back towards the top. There fans have always been a class act.

Any speculation as to how many games Penn State will win this Fall? I predict a .500 record at best and only because they play in the Big 10.

The Authority on Pre-Season Analysis, Phil Steele predicts them to have 8 wins or more. His reasons:

1) they are better shape going in this year than going in last year. Coaching staff is more established, and they have 14 Starters returning (compared to 6 last year).
2) They face OSU and Wisconsin on the Road (both most likely to be losses).
3) They get Michigan and Nebraska at home (one will most likely be a loss).
4) They lose 0 or as much as 2 from the rest of their schedule, therefore they should end up between 7-5 and 9-3.

Oh my gosh, I should have looked at their schedule before posing to the question. In addition to playing in the Big 10, check out their joke of a non-conference schedule. Yep, I now see 7-8 wins.

Aug. 31 vs. Syracuse (at New Meadowlands Stadium; East Rutherford, N.J.) - 3:30 p.m.
Sept. 7 - EASTERN MICHIGAN - 12 p.m.
Sept. 14 - CENTRAL FLORIDA - 6 p.m.
Sept. 21 - KENT STATE
Oct. 5 at Indiana
Oct. 12 - MICHIGAN - 5 p.m.
Oct. 26 at Ohio State - 8 p.m.
Nov. 2 - ILLINOIS
Nov. 9 at Minnesota
Nov. 16 - PURDUE
Nov. 23 - NEBRASKA
Nov. 30 at Wisconsin

In the BCS Era, there is no point in scheduling tough for your out of conference games. Maybe one tough game, but that's about it.

According to Steele, Penn State has the 51st toughest schedule in the country (out 126 teams). Penn St. Schedule is tougher than the following teams: Arizona, Clemson, Oregon, VaTech, The U, Florida St, Nebraska, and Wisconsin.

Oh my gosh, I should have looked at their schedule before posing to the question. In addition to playing in the Big 10, check out their joke of a non-conference schedule. Yep, I now see 7-8 wins.

Aug. 31 vs. Syracuse (at New Meadowlands Stadium; East Rutherford, N.J.) - 3:30 p.m.
Sept. 7 - EASTERN MICHIGAN - 12 p.m.
Sept. 14 - CENTRAL FLORIDA - 6 p.m.
Sept. 21 - KENT STATE
Oct. 5 at Indiana
Oct. 12 - MICHIGAN - 5 p.m.
Oct. 26 at Ohio State - 8 p.m.
Nov. 2 - ILLINOIS
Nov. 9 at Minnesota
Nov. 16 - PURDUE
Nov. 23 - NEBRASKA
Nov. 30 at Wisconsin

Somebody got cornhuskered (bad pun, yeah, I know) today, 23-20, so that puts them at 6-5, with one more loss to go next week. Uh huh, they wuz just turnin' their program around, etc., etc.

ETA: No loss, an upset, but what does it matter in the long run? Some folks can't get over it: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...wl-would-nittany-lions-play-in-sans-sanctions Meanwhile, defections continue: http://www.centredaily.com/2013/12/03/3922658/penn-state-football-vanderlinden.html

Last edited:
The Authority on Pre-Season Analysis, Phil Steele predicts them to have 8 wins or more. His reasons:

1) they are better shape going in this year than going in last year. Coaching staff is more established, and they have 14 Starters returning (compared to 6 last year).
4) They lose 0 or as much as 2 from the rest of their schedule, therefore they should end up between 7-5 and 9-3.

Once again, the Phil Steele Predictor is spot on.

I know as a program you haterz want to see Penn State fail and fail forever. However, it is not going to happen. Penn State will eventually get back to the promise land, if not immediately, they eventually will. They ARE WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA. Penn State has the alumni base (both in the sports and the civilian world) to pump money back into the program.

I see another 7-5 season for Penn State. But in the world of college football, you never know. Auburn was projected to do NOTHING last year. Even Vegas had Auburn at 500-1, but yet they almost dam near won the whole thing (just 1 or 2 plays away).

The Big-10 is so terribly weak this year Penn State stands a good chance of being the conference champion.

You forgot 5). They no longer have a coach who sodomizes children.

Well, I'm a new guy here - and this is an old thread. I'm not a huge Penn St. fan, but, I am a Penn. St., and a fan of Joe Paterno. I still respect the school, and I respect Joe P. We don't need to rehash the whole deal that brought down both Penn St. and "JoePa". I think that when you look at the body of work of Joe's life on balance - he deserves respect and a place in Penn St. history. And, Penn St. will be back. They are a fine University with a great history and a committed Athletic Dept. They will recover - eventually. Some stiff competition within the Big 10, and nationally.

Big 10 Standings
East
Penn St. 4-0
Maryland 3-1
Indiana 2-1
Mich St. 2-1
Ohio St. 2-1
Michigan 2-2
Rutgers 3-1

West
Nebraska 4-0
Illinois 3-1
Iowa 3-1
Minn. 3-1
Wisc. 2-1
Purdue 2-2
NorthW 1-2

Still lots of football to play. The Big 10 is loaded with proud teams and great tradition.

Well, I'm a new guy here - and this is an old thread. I'm not a huge Penn St. fan, but, I am a Penn. St., and a fan of Joe Paterno. I still respect the school, and I respect Joe P. We don't need to rehash the whole deal that brought down both Penn St. and "JoePa". I think that when you look at the body of work of Joe's life on balance - he deserves respect and a place in Penn St. history. And, Penn St. will be back. They are a fine University with a great history and a committed Athletic Dept. They will recover - eventually. Some stiff competition within the Big 10, and nationally.

Big 10 Standings
East
Penn St. 4-0
Maryland 3-1
Indiana 2-1
Mich St. 2-1
Ohio St. 2-1
Michigan 2-2
Rutgers 3-1

West
Nebraska 4-0
Illinois 3-1
Iowa 3-1
Minn. 3-1
Wisc. 2-1
Purdue 2-2
NorthW 1-2

Still lots of football to play. The Big 10 is loaded with proud teams and great tradition.

¿Qué están en California fumar