• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Pennsylvania Gunsmiths - Rifle Work

Doug308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Can anyone recommend a Pa gunsmith that would be able to cut my 700P to 20" and thread 5/8x24 ?

I'm looking for quality/competent work, not saving money.

Thanks

Re: Pennsylvania Gunsmiths - Rifle Work

Jim Borden - Springville, Pa
Mark Bansner - Adamstown, Pa
Mark King - Duncannon, Pa
Clarence Hammonds - Red Lion(York), Pa
RW Hart - Nescopeck, Pa

Where you at in Pa??

I'm in SE PA. I had a barrel cut and crowned by to Carl Bernosky in Ashland, just up 61N from Cabelas. Good work and fast. www.carlbernosky.com. He is 7 time NRA high power rifle champ and builds his own guns. He has my R700 now for additional work. He was recommended to me by Alex Sitman at Master Class Stocks in Harrisburg who has done stock work for me and is top notch. He's a super nice guy to talk to, seems to have time to explain things.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TARFU</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in SE PA. I had a barrel cut and crowned by to Carl Bernosky in Ashland, just up 61N from Cabelas. Good work and fast. www.carlbernosky.com. He is 7 time NRA high power rifle champ and builds his own guns. He has my R700 now for additional work. He was recommended to me by Alex Sitman at Master Class Stocks in Harrisburg who has done stock work for me and is top notch. He's a super nice guy to talk to, seems to have time to explains things. </div></div>

Carl is good people, he's currently doing two builds for me and threading both barrels.

Hay no one mentioned Kevin Cram at Montour county rifles. Here is some eye candy.
Howa 1500 300 win mag no turn neck shooting 1/4 at 200 yards have not taken it further yet
He turned it around in a month and a half he also did some stock work for me in a week. He will not disapoint you!
www.montourcountyrifles.com
Picture059.jpg

I had Mark King build me a 308.
It's a great rifle but I would not recommend him for that job.
My impression is that he is a perfectionist, not a bad thing, and prefers to do work top to bottom.
In addition he had a safe packed with jobs lined up.
I had my 308 threaded by Adco without excessive wait or issue.