• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up PENNSYLVANIA shooters

TOPGuN050

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2012
Butler PA
anyone from western pa or anywhere in that ballpark into long range? we are always looking for new shooters to shoot with and learn from or help out if we can.

trying to get a few more shooting buddies together from the area.

Re: PENNSYLVANIA shooters

i shoot out to 1200yds pretty frequently. groundhogs are my preferred target

we do alot of training for tactical long range match shooting for when we go to thunder valley precision. we have alot of spots we shoot various targets anywhere from 100- 1300yds at some spots. our normal old strip mine, you can go anywhere form point blank to around 800yds.

Hey I'd love to shoot with you guys.. I'm in York but willing to travel. Where do you shoot? Just trying to figure hour far long it would take from York. I got some guns that will work. .....
wink.gif

we are in the butler PA area, about 30-40 miles north of pittsburgh. small town is called fenelton. we also shoot in worthington PA about 5 miles away. there are alot of strip mines out that way and some we havnent even looked at yet.

Pittsburg is around 4 hours.. That would be a long
Day!!! But worth doing to shoot long!! I really want
A ground hog at 1k.

its all up to you man i can rig up a target to your liking thats roughly the size of a ground hog. i dont really know of anywhere with a decent population of hogs that you can shoot that far its mainly just target shooting for us. anyway pm me and maybe we can get together after this storm passes us anyway

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i shoot out to 1200yds pretty frequently. groundhogs are my preferred target </div></div>

If you don't mind me asking.. Where do you go to shoot groundhogs?

I've always wanted to go but don't know of any good places.

hey tut i got ground hog spots just not shooting them out that far. maybe 500yds. give or take. we can shoot those for training in the spring also or next summer.

Nick, That would be pretty great. I think my .223 would be great for those if I don't want to shoot my 6.5 all the time. I would like to see the 300winmag on 'em though..

hit one last year with the 300 at like 360 yds and the only way to describe that is hamburger. moreless blew it apart into little pieces. haha. using a 180gr hornady sst bullet

yea it was a good time other than not seeing much that day it was a few minutes of excitment.

i cant wait to get back out shooting im going nuts with all this weather and a batch of ammo sitting waititng to be tested.

gonna be this weekend no doubt.

Hey guys, I'm just outside Apollo..30 min from butler. There's a power line cut I've been shooting out to around 1200 on near here but I'd like to find a better looking spot.

any time you would like to come out this way and check out my places to shoot just lemme know.

id also like to come to your power line sometime and shoot if thats feasable.

send me a pm or just lemme know on here and ill send you my number.

I'm from cranberry twp. I'll be ets-ing out of the army in march and coming back home. I'm new to long range shooting or at least long range precision shooting. I recently got my set up and have almost no trigger time. I have family land, about 30 acres, in rural Fryberg (between clarion and oil city) that I want to see if I can set up for shooting long range. I'd love to shoot with you some time and learn a few things.

Hookturnr, where abouts in apollo? Im in utopia off 380. we shoot a few places localy that we can stretch things out.

anyone going shooting tommorow? nice weather in PA. looking for a possible new place to try out. any ideas?

A group of us went to Rayners Thursday, was a perfect day. We're probably gonna go again in a week or so if the weather holds out. Depends on hunting and who's using the land at Rayners for that on when we can use the range though.

Probably a long drive for some but well worth it.

Topstrap

whats goin on top,

i do wanna get out there with you guys very soon. drop me a PM ahead of time on when you are going out next and ill get there. only problem is, i am a weekend warrior since i work afternoon shift all week so i am usually g2g on sundays mostly

I'm outside Reading, but shoot at Reade (out west), Mifflin County Sportsman's (Central sort of), and New Holland Rifle & Pistol (about twenty minutes from my place)....

Reade is a 1000yd range near Tyrone, PA
Mifflin County Sportsman is a 1000yd range near Lewistown, PA
NHRPC is a 600yds range in Gap, PA

Send me a PM if anyone wants to make some plans to shoot. I'm not afraid of commuting.... I do shoot at TVP and Rayners in Ohio, but that is a over-nighter for me....
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm outside Reading, but shoot at Reade (out west),....

Reade is a 1000yd range near Tyrone, PA </div></div>

I shot in a 50 BMG match at Reade Township back in 2005. It was quite a bit rough back then, did they do any upgrades to the range? We had issues trying to keep the tables from wobbling with the big 50s on them.

I am a new guy from the burgh...looking to gain some experience in ELR and find somewhere to play with my toys. I belong to PMSC but would really like to hear about the places you guys shoot long range. Went to TVP once last year and absolutely fell in love but having trouble making it back out again.

Unfortunately, moving to PRNJ but hopefully for only a year then back to the friendly confines of PA (Although eastern). In the meantime, I plan on leaving my toys in PA...and hope to be back frequently.

I realize everyone is probably hunting right now but if you read this and want to meet up, PM me.

381768_10151189892888752_818431042_n.jpg

little bit of PA long range. it was a hell of a walk but well worth it. just a touch over 1000yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm outside Reading, but shoot at Reade (out west), Mifflin County Sportsman's (Central sort of), and New Holland Rifle & Pistol (about twenty minutes from my place)....

Reade is a 1000yd range near Tyrone, PA
Mifflin County Sportsman is a 1000yd range near Lewistown, PA
NHRPC is a 600yds range in Gap, PA

Send me a PM if anyone wants to make some plans to shoot. I'm not afraid of commuting.... I do shoot at TVP and Rayners in Ohio, but that is a over-nighter for me....
wink.gif
</div></div>

Pa is the "promised land" for me. Even though I am from NJ, I joined the Mifflin County Sportsman club (I plan to retire soon and move to Perry County in a few years). I will join NHRPC next, since that won't be too far from NJ for now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOPGuN050</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
381768_10151189892888752_818431042_n.jpg

little bit of PA long range. it was a hell of a walk but well worth it. just a touch over 1000yds.
</div></div>

Where is that at TOPGuN. I might have to make a trip.

Raven,

i live in Butler PA about 30 miles north of pittsburgh.

this place is in a small town called worthington inside butler county. about 10mins. from my house. lemme know anytime man. i am usually open on the weekends. send me a PM. we are always looking for new people to shoot with.

Sounds like you guys out in PA have it made for long range- at least compared to lower NY! I'm looking into joining the Mifflin range to get some more distance in. It's a bit of a drive but hopefully worth it

My sportsman club has ranges from 100-1200yds. And my buddy's range has 1000yds with concrete pits and dumb waiters. We shoot movers at 1000 there. Pretty slick set up. Looks just like camp perry.

Jig,

Where is that range located. I used to live in Oakdale and never knew a range existed to shoot out that far.

if anyone is up the NE part of the state this spring / summer, we're having shoots the 4th saturday of the month starting in april at factoryville sportsman's club.

not quite as far out as the other spots mentioned (furthest is 421 yards). mostly shooting steel. some silhouette swingers out too for the silhouette guys to practice on.

putting the final touches on a COF to accomodate plinkers, silhouette, and a tactical type side matches at the same time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike in pa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm outside Reading, but shoot at Reade (out west),....

I shot in a 50 BMG match at Reade Township back in 2005. It was quite a bit rough back then, did they do any upgrades to the range? We had issues trying to keep the tables from wobbling with the big 50s on them. </div></div>

Reade has chanhged ALOT since 2005. The 1000 yd line is now covered and has concrete benches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike in pa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm outside Reading, but shoot at Reade (out west),....

I shot in a 50 BMG match at Reade Township back in 2005. It was quite a bit rough back then, did they do any upgrades to the range? We had issues trying to keep the tables from wobbling with the big 50s on them. </div></div>

Reade has changed ALOT since 2005. The 1000 yd line is now covered and has concrete benches. </div></div>

Good to hear! Here is a pic of the firing line back then.

345klyr.jpg

2a5mqg.jpg

shooting in the sniper match at thunder valley precision in june. problem is, i changed a few things on the rifle and need to get some dope out to 1000yds. we lost our old strip mine spot to shoot due to new mining operations so thats out, anyone have a spot and would be kind enough to have me out sometime soon? any help would be appreciated.

Nick