• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pentax spotting scope

Shootlong

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
I have the Pentax binoculars and very impressive performance for 500.00. Now I'm thinking about the Pentax 80ed with 20-60 zoom for 1100.00. I don't see them mentioning on this site. The ability to use any 1-1/4 eye pieces is also a valuable feature. Any down side to this product I'm not aware of? Thanks for your input,

I had a PF80 ED for a few years, it is a great spotter. The only real downside I found was its size and weight, it is a big spotter. For the money it is really hard to beat.

I'm only going to use it at the range and not for hunting , maybe watch some turkeys to determine beard size. No intention of carrying it through the woods. Size isn't a issue but clarity is. How many yards would it be good for to determine hit on paper?

If the conditions were just right I could see hits out to 5-600. I compared it to Swarovski, Zeiss, and other spotters and found it to hold its own against them. It is not a Swarovski, but for the money it does just fine.

Thank you so much, I have experienced results with Pentax binoculars very similar to the Swarovski just not as wide of field of view. I truly appreciate your sharing of info,Ron

From what I've read it's those eye pieces that make it what it is. So my father and I use the Celestron Regal I think that uses those eye pieces and we have a 20x and 50x fixed Pentax eye pieces. It's pretty incredible. The 20x is amazing. If u were cash conscious it's a different way to go with getting very similar results. I think the 20x eye piece gives us 27x. And the 50x gives us 45x~ or something