• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors people of ohio

Prebanpaul

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Akron Ohio Summit
I am trying to start a petetion, so that we can use suppressors to hunt varmints in Ohio......no Idea where to even start..... but I am game for doing some leg work.... I live in akron and would really like to try and get some people together to get this done....... whats wrong with shooting a groundhog,coyotee, with a suppressor...

paul

Re: people of ohio

I'll help, I've been bucking that for years......
But if you look at the reg.'s:
http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/1501:31-15-02

("(D) It shall be unlawful for any person to use a gun equipped with a silencer or muffler, or deadfall of any type to take or attempt to take a wild bird or wild quadruped."), It seems I can shoot the shit out of snakes with a suppressor. That alone would allow me to have one on while shooting in the woods...........

I actually have written a letter I plan on sending to the Divisions Chief along with the district supervisors to try and get this law removed. If anyone else is interested i can email you copies of the letter and you can feel free to tweak it in any way you want and send one of your own. If they get 5000 letters maybe they will see that this law not needed. I would also like to send copies to some of the county officers, I know at least one of them is pro suppressed hunting.

It is legal to hunt all animals with a suppressor in TN.

When I get my supressor I plan on shooting whatever I want with it.. I know when we get the hoard of wild pigs that the DNR predicts is coming I know my supressor will be screwed on every day as I defend my property and farm against this problem.

I will settle for being allowed to hunt deer with modern rifles instead of just shotguns.

If you get something going I'll sign up. I'm near Akron and know the legal and legislative process well and would support efforts to change the law as it currently is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Prebanpaul</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are we the only people who care about this 4 of us </div></div>

I'm sure that once you get the process in motion, you'll get plenty of support
smile.gif

I don't even kill those poor little animals any more, but would be more than happy to sign any petition that was started.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adam330</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I would also like to send copies to some of the county officers, I know at least one of them is pro suppressed hunting. </div></div>

Why does he care? He cant afford a silencer, he had to sell his 30p-1 to buy that stupid boat.

And why havent you sent it yet? That was like 4 months ago!

Jon, He came over and shot mine on his gun the other day. I believe his exact words were " I shouldnt have sold mine". I may be a slight procrastinator. I have the letters in envelopes and ready to be sent out tomorrow.

Thanks Paul. Very well thought out letter. I appreciate your time in this. Maybe ask Tom or Wayde if you could post this on the TVP shoot schedueal. You may pick up some interest there as well. Corey

Not in ohio yet, but moving there shortly. I'd be supportive.