• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

people surprise me

unluckyjohn

Private
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2011
Houston Texas
i buy and sell stuff on craigslist. one day i saw a model 11 shot gun for 80 dollars when i drive down to meet the guy he told me he doesn't know anything about guns and his dad left him a shotgun and a bb gun to him. so i buy the shot gun and he throws in the bb gun to when i get home i look at the bb gun closer its a marlin 60. i took it apart and the tube full of bb's. and it looks like its barely been fired not a scratch on the stock looks like i got a free 22. =)

Re: people surprise me

Yeah and I got burned on some mags ,but its on me.
I have been watching craigslist a little when I am able..

Some really good buys on there ,if your careful and observant..

Had a guy want my addy
My full name
And DoB for a mag sale recently.
I wonder what they really thought...
I told em to do it in reverse,send me the name ,addy of the seller with thier DoB.and ship the stuff C.O.D.

haha...marlin rifle full of BBs...damn thing wont work. thats priceless

i get so much spam from craigslist telling me my account is going to be banned if i dont click the link they send so i can log into my account. Not sure why they want my account info other than i guess to make bogus spam listings.

I had a guy offer to buy my motorcycle, didn't ask a SINGLE question, lowballed me on price.

I asked him if he was a dealer and he said he was a "Canadian Rider".

Well being the IT guru that I am I started digging, and digging, and found he owned a used motorcyle shop up in Vancouver.

I don't mind cutting slack if someone wants the bike to RIDE and can't swing it, but NEVER for a dealer....

A Benelli over/under would be quite the find.....
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to find a Benelli over-under full of bbs....</div></div>

I love Craigslist. I scored a nice Delta drill press for $60 a few weeks ago, damned near looks brand new.

IMG_1271.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love Craigslist. I scored a nice Delta drill press for $60 a few weeks ago, damned near looks brand new.
</div></div>

Damn, the vice alone costs more than that!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I pulled the vice from my previous press but it was still a great deal! </div></div>

Oh, either way you should probably arrest yourself because you straight stole that press for $60.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: unluckyjohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its a marlin 60. i took it apart and the tube full of bb's. and it looks like its barely been fired not a scratch on the stock looks like i got a free 22. =) </div></div>

did the guy only have 1 eye?

About this time last year, I found a 80 gallon compressor tank on CL. After talking to the previous owner, I became the new owner of the 80 gallon tank as well as a 2hp 220VAC motor and an old-school (circa 1954) DeVilbiss compressor head. I put some new parts on, and ended up with a perfectly good working 80 gal 2 stage compressor for right at $300.

Then a couple months ago, I put a set of wheels with used (bald) tires up on CL. In all honesty, I wanted the shop room back more than I wanted the money. But a guy called me and offered a trade. So he got a good set of wheels and I now have a drop bandsaw and a 1/2" Matco impact wrench.

Stuff like this makes me want to use CL more often.

I bought an in the bed fuel tank with the transfer pump for $300! The thing had hardly been used, the stickers were still on it and the paint was unscratched and not faded. The guy had $1000 invested but sold his truck and 5th wheel due to health problems and didn't need it anymore. Bought my hot tub on CL for $150.00 and it was in perfect working order just needed a new cover and cleaned up. The house belonged to this older gentleman's daughter who was getting a divorce and moving home. They couldn't sell the house so they were going to rent or lease it. He thought the hot tub was a liability and wanted it gone. Needless to say I bought it immediately. He didn't have change for the $160.00 I had so I told him to not even worry about it!

I have found a ton of deals on Craigslist and Backpage.

I haven't been lucky enough to get the free rifle but can't complain.

After a careful analysis of the financial settings surrounding ladies of the evening, I believe a person would rent or lease, but never buy a hooker.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: unluckyjohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i buy and sell stuff on craigslist. one day i saw a model 11 shot gun for 80 dollars when i drive down to meet the guy he told me he doesn't know anything about guns and his dad left him a shotgun and a bb gun to him. so i buy the shot gun and he throws in the bb gun to when i get home i look at the bb gun closer its a marlin 60. i took it apart and the tube full of bb's. and it looks like its barely been fired not a scratch on the stock looks like i got a free 22. =) </div></div>Ahh...can you say LUCKY?