• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Performance of the Trijicon 5-20 Accupoint

shooterrdy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2011
Kansas
looking to purchase a 5-20x50 mildot green accupoint for a .243 build. I know ist short on MOA but are there any onther reasons to look elsewhere I think I can get it new for less than $900. I will mount on a Badger 20 MOA base. not sure whose rings might try somoe seekins have not used them before.
I like the look of the glass in the store just currius on the real world performance.

Thanks

Re: Performance of the Trijicon 5-20 Accupoint

I had one not too long ago. While the elevation is limited, you should still be able to dial out a ways. The glass is very nice for the price as well. The only thing I didn't like was the size of the mildots. I found it blocked smaller objects while holding over.

While I really like the Trijicon scopes that I have owned, they just don't compare to the features you will get in a Vortex. The Trijicon is basically an "old school" scope, but they are pretty tough.

With that kind of a price tag, I would think you would be far better off with a Vortex PST. Overall adjustment, better reticle, matching turrets, illumination, higher magnification range, etc... and an unmatched, unconditional warranty.

Give Mike @ CSTactical a shout... he will hook you up!!

DK

I have one right now and love it, glass is great. Totally bombproof, and Trijicon's illumination is top notch, the fiber optic setup works well to low light and the tritium does a good job taking over from there in dark environments giving you always on always there illumination. I completely agree on the size of the mildots though, a hair too big. My overall evaluation is that it is a good scope if you need a beater, a backup, or a survival scope (no batteries) but for the finer points of LR shooting it does fall short in more than a few categories.

I'm looking at one of these for my AR, how do these track?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeff1383</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had one not too long ago. While the elevation is limited, you should still be able to dial out a ways. The glass is very nice for the price as well. The only thing I didn't like was the size of the mildots. I found it blocked smaller objects while holding over. </div></div>

This matches my experience as well. It is great but not as precise as the Viper PST 6-24 I have because the reticle lines and dots are very thick. Tracks great though ... and very clear glass.

Indeed, despite it's flaws I love mine. I certainly consider it money well spent.

I used to own 2 of these and also owned 6-24x50PST Vortex.

No doubt the Trijicon has slightly better glass and is shorter.

Only thing I didn't like which you may try and get behind a friends to check but IMO past 15x they are kinda hard to get behind.

I've heard the same from a few other so don't think it was me.

If not running it turned up on 15x+ all the time ex. scope for the money.

Please go look at the bushnell HDMR. 3-21x50 FFP locking turrents great glass. I picked up the horus model for $1100

I will check out the Buschnell. I do like the way the Trijicon looks and it sounds like most owners are content. I want it for coyote hunting etc. so a thicker reticle is not all bad I may give one a go if Im not happy it wont be the first time

Thanks to all that replied.

I am a confirmed scope junkie and have or had most scopes in the $600-$2000 range and have to say my Accupont is one of the best buys for the money I have made so far. Sure, all the above mentioned shortfalls are there, but it still sits on my duty rifle. I recently attended a long range tactical marksman course and it reached out to 1000 with some adjustments to spare. Would I trade a Vortex Razor or Premier for it? No, but I sold my SS 5-20x50 after picking this scope up. I also have no problem with the old school moa/mil or sfp, and for some that is a big issue. Overall I am very content with mine and once my Premier arrives it will move to my primary back up rifle and still get weekly use.

Sully