• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

personal best 301 yds with the .17hmr

olivera10

Private
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2011
Goleta CA
I think this bullet was just about out of gas.
Probably had under 7 ftlbs as there was no exit.
Lasered at 301 yds no pop just fell on his side.
IMG_0357_zpsb6a70380.jpg

Re: personal best 301 yds with the .17hmr

nice. what scope you running??? and thats a savage 93tr??

It's the bsa mil-mil 4-14 ffp
That's a savage pre accutrigger.
Barrel chopped to 18"
boyds stock and rattle can paint job

Wow great shoot at 301 yds

awesome i am picking up the savage 93tr with the accutrigger hopefully in the next couple weeks. and trying to figure out what glass i want to put on it. i have a factory r700 take off for the time being. thinking of the weaver grand slam or a little vortex diamondback. i like the paint as well. trying to figure out if i wan a keep mine all black or custom paint.

Awesome shot! Depending on what round you were shooting, you have between 40-50 ft/ lbs of energy left on tap at 300, more than enough to do the job as you proved. Nice rifle, nice shooting ! What round were you using?

Hornady 17gr I should have done the math.
40 to 50 ft lbs now I am curious.
By the way what have you found for good ballistic software for this round?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rincon10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hornady 17gr I should have done the math.
40 to 50 ft lbs now I am curious.
By the way what have you found for good ballistic software for this round?</div></div>

HMR or Mach2? I use JBM ballistics. Very good as long as the inputs are pretty close.

The wind for this shot was blowing straight in my face
7.5 mil holdover

Hasn't anybody told you that BSA 4-14 is a total POS and you can't make shots like that with it!
wink.gif

Just kidding of course
grin.gif
, I have 2 of them. Best rimfire, air rifle scope going for $250. I was hitting steel at 400Y with my 22 mag a few months ago.

Nice shot BTW!

JBM ballistics. As others mentioned, it's a great program but it is all dependent on the quality of your inputs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hasn't anybody told you that BSA 4-14 is a total POS and you can't make shots like that with it!
wink.gif

Just kidding of course
grin.gif
, I have 2 of them. Best rimfire, air rifle scope going for $250. I was hitting steel at 400Y with my 22 mag a few months ago.

Nice shot BTW! </div></div>
Yeah I have to do some explaining when people see this scope. I think that will help motivate me to give her a new paint job scope and all.
Never shot a .22 mag 400yds on steel sounds fun

Impressive!
Not doubting your shot for a second, just amazes me that bullet will stay on track for that far. Mine always seemed to drift an inch or two at 100 yrds. with no discernable wind. Maybe I just didn't give it enough of a chance?

Anyway, nice shot!