• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Pete Lesbo / I2 BEWARE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am disappointed to find this thread now and I wish I’d done some searching on Pete’s name here on the hide. I recall him and i2 Tech being a go-to for folks in the industry years ago when I first started reading here on the hide. Searching up i2 Technologies recently here on the hide turned up a bunch of old content but nothing at all recent or negative.

TL/DR: I’m into Pete for $2500 as a deposit for a -24LR. It was paid 27Oct20 via wire transfer between banks. Delivery was supposed to be 30 days. At 40 days I connected a buddy to Pete that needed a set of MOD-3s built and Pete just happened to have a housing on the shelf. At 60 days he supposedly contracted corona. At 90 days he turned into the executor of a will for a dead cousin. At 100 days he went radio totally fucking silent. I’m now at 180 days, mad at the situation and beyond fucking pissed that I might’ve also cost a friend a chunk of change as well.

I am disappointed to see folks here asking for patience and covering for the dude when he seems to have a pattern of actions over the last two years that indicate he deserves neither. It’s also surprising to see folks talking at length about his supposed health issues and still be unwilling to just say what it is.

Does anyone here have a currently ongoing legal action or investigation into this person and his business dealings?

End TL/DR.

I’ve been in contact with Pete off and on over the last 5 years. He built the BNVDs that I currently run and I’d been thinking of having them upgraded to white phos tubes. In October I contacted Pete to find out if he had anything for sale in the way of clip-ons. I’d been looking at the many PVS-27s coming up on the market and missed a few deals on -24LRs during the early corona-related gear purges and was really getting the itch for a clip-on as I was wanting to get deeper into the rifle game. After talking for several hours over a couple of days Pete offered to build me a PVS-24LR. Pete said that he had a fellow with a -24LR that got left on when the sun came up and was in need of a new tube. After talking back and forth for a day about needs, parameters and budget Pete told me he had acquired the housing and asked me to pay him for the tube as a deposit and pay the rest upon complete of the unit to which I agreed. At no time during any of this did he mention the fact that he was sick or apparently unable to fulfill work that he was taking on. Completion time for the order was supposed to be approximately 30days but it was understood that might not be possible due to the ‘rona and messed up supply chains. Payment of the deposit for a tube was done by wire transfer to his account with Bank of America on 27Oct.

Leading up to this time and afterwards we would be texting every 2-3 days and talking for an hour or two every couple of weeks about guns, NV tech/history and history in general. After about 45 days I started enquirinf about the status of my project. I was told that tubes were not being delivered and dates were being pushed back because of the ‘rona. Around this time I put a friend into contact with Pete who was interested in getting a set of MOD-3s built. Being aviation dudes they both hit it off and talked for about a week before my friend commissioned him to build a set of MOD-3s. This was just prior to Christmas.

After finally getting ahold of him again on 16Jan Pete claimed to be laid out with the corona virus. He said his distributor was supposed to have his latest batch of tubes in and they would be shipping to him soon for his current projects. On 3Feb he responded to me that his distributor had tubes and they were both going through them to sort/grade for the ones that he needed for my clip-on, my buddy’s goggles and his other projects.

On 24Feb I again got a response from Pete. He said that he was currently dealing with the death of his cousin and had agreed to be the executor of her estate. When we talked on the phone that day he was heading to Portland, OR to track down the shithead son of his cousin to deliver the news and to following through with executing the will. This was my last contact with Pete. Numerous messages and a dozen phone calls since 2March have all gone unanswered. Pete apparently talked on the phone with my buddy in mid March to assure him that the tubes for his goggles were in hand and mentioned that there were no tubes suitable for doing a clip-on like I was needing. At this point he has gone totally radio-silent.

Since I ordered my clip-on I’ve worked in five different states doing construction and been working insane schedules during the week. I was treating this asshole like some primadonna 1911 smith and trying to just be patient. It appears that was a mistake.

Ek

Attachments

• 81422070-F21B-4DF1-B950-41C6C2B80D40.jpeg
    81422070-F21B-4DF1-B950-41C6C2B80D40.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
I am disappointed to find this thread now and I wish I’d done some searching on Pete’s name here on the hide. I recall him and i2 Tech being a go-to for folks in the industry years ago when I first started reading here on the hide. Searching up i2 Technologies recently here on the hide turned up a bunch of old content but nothing at all recent or negative.

TL/DR: I’m into Pete for $2500 as a deposit for a -24LR. It was paid 27Oct20 via wire transfer between banks. Delivery was supposed to be 30 days. At 40 days I connected a buddy to Pete that needed a set of MOD-3s built and Pete just happened to have a housing on the shelf. At 60 days he supposedly contracted corona. At 90 days he turned into the executor of a will for a dead cousin. At 100 days he went radio totally fucking silent. I’m now at 180 days, mad at the situation and beyond fucking pissed that I might’ve also cost a friend a chunk of change as well.

I am disappointed to see folks here asking for patience and covering for the dude when he seems to have a pattern of actions over the last two years that indicate he deserves neither. It’s also surprising to see folks talking at length about his supposed health issues and still be unwilling to just say what it is.

Does anyone here have a currently ongoing legal action or investigation into this person and his business dealings?

End TL/DR.

I’ve been in contact with Pete off and on over the last 5 years. He built the BNVDs that I currently run and I’d been thinking of having them upgraded to white phos tubes. In October I contacted Pete to find out if he had anything for sale in the way of clip-ons. I’d been looking at the many PVS-27s coming up on the market and missed a few deals on -24LRs during the early corona-related gear purges and was really getting the itch for a clip-on as I was wanting to get deeper into the rifle game. After talking for several hours over a couple of days Pete offered to build me a PVS-24LR. Pete said that he had a fellow with a -24LR that got left on when the sun came up and was in need of a new tube. After talking back and forth for a day about needs, parameters and budget Pete told me he had acquired the housing and asked me to pay him for the tube as a deposit and pay the rest upon complete of the unit to which I agreed. At no time during any of this did he mention the fact that he was sick or apparently unable to fulfill work that he was taking on. Completion time for the order was supposed to be approximately 30days but it was understood that might not be possible due to the ‘rona and messed up supply chains. Payment of the deposit for a tube was done by wire transfer to his account with Bank of America on 27Oct.

Leading up to this time and afterwards we would be texting every 2-3 days and talking for an hour or two every couple of weeks about guns, NV tech/history and history in general. After about 45 days I started enquirinf about the status of my project. I was told that tubes were not being delivered and dates were being pushed back because of the ‘rona. Around this time I put a friend into contact with Pete who was interested in getting a set of MOD-3s built. Being aviation dudes they both hit it off and talked for about a week before my friend commissioned him to build a set of MOD-3s. This was just prior to Christmas.

After finally getting ahold of him again on 16Jan Pete claimed to be laid out with the corona virus. He said his distributor was supposed to have his latest batch of tubes in and they would be shipping to him soon for his current projects. On 3Feb he responded to me that his distributor had tubes and they were both going through them to sort/grade for the ones that he needed for my clip-on, my buddy’s goggles and his other projects.

On 24Feb I again got a response from Pete. He said that he was currently dealing with the death of his cousin and had agreed to be the executor of her estate. When we talked on the phone that day he was heading to Portland, OR to track down the shithead son of his cousin to deliver the news and to following through with executing the will. This was my last contact with Pete. Numerous messages and a dozen phone calls since 2March have all gone unanswered. Pete apparently talked on the phone with my buddy in mid March to assure him that the tubes for his goggles were in hand and mentioned that there were no tubes suitable for doing a clip-on like I was needing. At this point he has gone totally radio-silent.

Since I ordered my clip-on I’ve worked in five different states doing construction and been working insane schedules during the week. I was treating this asshole like some primadonna 1911 smith and trying to just be patient. It appears that was a mistake.

Ek

Well I’d say despite those that have come in here and vouched for him saying he had health issues and such, fuck this piece of shit. He’s still ripping people off. I’d love to read that someone showed up on his doorstep and gave him some real medical issues.

@elwarpo - you said criminal charges were filed, is that correct?

So, he was apprehended, charged and........out on bail or own recog.

Just curious how this guy was still stealing money as late as Oct 2020??

Reactions: RTH1800
Hmmm....Pete has had some serious medical issues. Ones that could make running a business pretty difficult. I (late last year) did business with him, and while it hit a few snags, concluded satisfactorily. I'd hold back from lighting a fire and grabbing the pitch forks just yet. I know I had to be a little persistent to make sure things moved along, but having had similar health issues, I understood and took it with a grain of salt. I hope he's doing okay....
^^^ This. He did some work for me last year and came recommended by a highly-respected SH member. It took him a while, but the work was superb and well worth it. I also had some periods of radio silence, but when he is working on your stuff, he talks your ear off. We had more than a few midnight text exchanges.

He is NOT a fraud, but does take time. I was not aware of his health stuff. But that makes it tough for anyone.

Sorry OP on the delays. But I am sure it will work out for you. Be patient.

Sirhr

• Haha
Reactions: bachelorjack
^^^ This. He did some work for me last year and came recommended by a highly-respected SH member. It took him a while, but the work was superb and well worth it. I also had some periods of radio silence, but when he is working on your stuff, he talks your ear off. We had more than a few midnight text exchanges.

He is NOT a fraud, but does take time. I was not aware of his health stuff. But that makes it tough for anyone.

Sorry OP on the delays. But I am sure it will work out for you. Be patient.

Sirhr

I guess you missed the post right above yours where he filed an insurance claim on something supposedly lost, and kept that money too. Since he’s your buddy, why don’t you kindly ask him to return all these peoples money and items that he has stolen?

When you stand beside shit bags like this it effects your credibility too. As my grandpa always said “if you dabble with shit, you’ll get it on you”.

End TL/DR.

Ek
You've been in contact with him long after he stopped returning my calls, emails and texts. I filed a report with law enforcement over a year ago now. They seem to be pretty useless.
He's in the middle of or has just come out of a bankruptcy. His lawyer or someone with knowledge of the situation says he misses a lot of court dates/meetings as well.
That's all I've been able to gather. The phone number I have for him goes direct to voicemail now.

POS has about $12k worth of product and payment from me

I think someone added it up to over 250k he is known to have scammed. Not sure where I heard that number.

Well, can't really recommend it but if it was me, I'd go shopping at his house --hoping he'd be home too so he can help me make good decisions on what to take. Of course I'll get back to him with payment...

Wouldn't be the first time, although it's been a LOOONG time --I try real hard to not get into situations like this.

Pete fought CC chargebacks in our case. Supplied all sorts of made up nonsense to win.
(I know this is late but...) You gotta call 'em back. They'll almost always side with them if they can reach 'em and they ensure shit is on the up and up. If you call back and explain they'll escalate it. Then they're gonna wanna see shit like completed delivery. CH4D ripped me off, tried to pull this shit, actually DID complete delivery but charged me for warranty work without permission (and accused me of loctiting a goddamn die together --THEY JB welded the fucker!!!). "We're too busy to call" wasn't a valid excuse for theft of funds. Pictures and an explanation and it was fixed, or rather, Citi gave me the money back.

So is there a reason you didn't call Vic at TNVC?

NV is about the most crooked fucking business there is... TNVC is the only one that never blew smoke up my ass. And they're not fucking thieves.

FWIW, I have health problems sometimes too. I ALWAYS let people know there's a delay, and if for some reason I can't come through, I give 'em the money back.

You gotta have giant balls to rip off the best armed people in the goddamn country.

Serious question. Does this guy do something that no one else can do? Is he “too good to be true”? Like TNVC has been around for ages and pretty much is the gold standard, why not use them?

Serious question. Does this guy do something that no one else can do? Is he “too good to be true”? Like TNVC has been around for ages and pretty much is the gold standard, why not use them?
Well, the reason is that he was, at one time, a greatly respected person. Served his country honorably, was well known to many members, a vendor and supporter here pre-Scout days, considered a really good guy. His company was a go-to resource for those in the night vision community, exactly like TNVC. That's why this is so suprising to some long time members here. It is very much like if someone like Vic suddenly went bad (no offense intended, Vic). I guess this just goes to show that you never really know someone, but that's the reason Pete was supported here long after his criminal activity began.

You are in a civil contract with a vendor for repairs on an item. Police and law enforcement have nothing to do with this situation. Civil Court is the way to do things.

And it’a just a scheme to keep the lawyers pockets full.

No different than robbing someone. Worse actually.

Cops have no time for theses people that have had hundreds of thousands of dollars stolen from them. But if someone went to this thief's house to get their items or money back there would be a pile of cops to protect the thief’s stolen property and money.

Night vision industry is so sketchy atm. I try to stay with one of the big names to avoid issues. TNVC, JRH, HEAT, Nocturnatlity have all been good to me, and they have had a good reputation from inception.

EDITED:

I havent had any interactions with modarmory. This statement is a BROAD statement in the NV industry. I have never seen so many people have so many issues in one particular industry. Its insane, especially if you are in any of the night vision groups on facebook....WOW. Hence my initial comment. Its obvious that anyone can put together nv equipment and sell them online. I think its an entirely different animal to buy from a vendor that correctly assembles the units and has vetted standing in this industry. Sometimes people get caught up on long lead times or they try to save a few hundred dollars on one of these units using a smaller company. The customer service seems great up front, but then you have issues on the back end after the financial transaction has been made.

Last edited:
I have 101% no personal business on this topic - I had no idea who this person is or what he sold/built/etc. until reading the thread because it was at the top of the forum. I actually wondered if it was some sort of fancy shotgun because it looked like "12" instead of "i2" and as I collect shotguns, I thought I'd read it.

Having said that, it looks like some people really got screwed and you'd be amazed at how people can just not care , too bad soo sad, better me have the money than you. In addition to firearms I collect edged weapons (I'm sure lots of other people here do too.) I don't know, 5? years ago or more, I was buying a nice Medieval-style sword. It's made in China by real blacksmiths that go back generations and it's actually really nice. The same Chinese company had apparently released a line "designed by" some 'famous' American swordsmith and they put his name on them. I read a lot of forum posts about them and I saw a lot of people saying how they used to love this particular guy, but not anymore, so I started doing more and more research.

I found a website this guy made - it was like a teenager in the 1999-era Yahoo Searched "Website Creator" and made his own. He had pictures of all the stuff that *wasn't available* - nothing was available at all- and then I found a very long dissertation about why he's not making anything. Turns out, one day he decided he wasn't happy, and then he recently found out he had severe PTDS from his experience in the military 20+ years ago. And this severe PTSD has manifested itself now as preventing him from doing work of any kind. Unfortunately, that means he cannot make anyone the sword or knife etc. they ordered and prepaid. And can't do any other job for money. And he has already used the money everyone prepaid with on "treatments" , so unfortunately he can't give anyone their money back. But people understand, they were dealing with a true artisan, and these things happen. We can all agree, his health is most important here, and he simply cannot work. Maybe never again, it no longer gives him any joy, and his doctors insist he only do things that make him happy, and never do anything that makes him unhappy. And yes, I know many people will still have financial concerns, since they're not getting what they paid for, but again, it's only money, and again, everyone will surely understand and certainly agree, his health and wellbeing are not just the primary concern here, it's the only real concern.

Apparently never made them ever again. Apparently Never paid back money. (I had no skin in the game so I didn't really care one way or the other, just don't like people doing stuff like that.) Now reinvented as a fantasy author.

Again I have no dog in the fight whatsoever, but I know I would be ticked to lose money, especially like $4K, and the whole insurance-claim thing is just doubling-down on fraud.

You are in a civil contract with a vendor for repairs on an item. Police and law enforcement have nothing to do with this situation. Civil Court is the way to do things.
not a lawyer but based on conversations with a lawyer on something similar you are 100% correct

I have 101% no personal business on this topic - I had no idea who this person is or what he sold/built/etc. until reading the thread because it was at the top of the forum. I actually wondered if it was some sort of fancy shotgun because it looked like "12" instead of "i2" and as I collect shotguns, I thought I'd read it.

Having said that, it looks like some people really got screwed and you'd be amazed at how people can just not care , too bad soo sad, better me have the money than you. In addition to firearms I collect edged weapons (I'm sure lots of other people here do too.) I don't know, 5? years ago or more, I was buying a nice Medieval-style sword. It's made in China by real blacksmiths that go back generations and it's actually really nice. The same Chinese company had apparently released a line "designed by" some 'famous' American swordsmith and they put his name on them. I read a lot of forum posts about them and I saw a lot of people saying how they used to love this particular guy, but not anymore, so I started doing more and more research.

I found a website this guy made - it was like a teenager in the 1999-era Yahoo Searched "Website Creator" and made his own. He had pictures of all the stuff that *wasn't available* - nothing was available at all- and then I found a very long dissertation about why he's not making anything. Turns out, one day he decided he wasn't happy, and then he recently found out he had severe PTDS from his experience in the military 20+ years ago. And this severe PTSD has manifested itself now as preventing him from doing work of any kind. Unfortunately, that means he cannot make anyone the sword or knife etc. they ordered and prepaid. And can't do any other job for money. And he has already used the money everyone prepaid with on "treatments" , so unfortunately he can't give anyone their money back. But people understand, they were dealing with a true artisan, and these things happen. We can all agree, his health is most important here, and he simply cannot work. Maybe never again, it no longer gives him any joy, and his doctors insist he only do things that make him happy, and never do anything that makes him unhappy. And yes, I know many people will still have financial concerns, since they're not getting what they paid for, but again, it's only money, and again, everyone will surely understand and certainly agree, his health and wellbeing are not just the primary concern here, it's the only real concern.

Apparently never made them ever again. Apparently Never paid back money. (I had no skin in the game so I didn't really care one way or the other, just don't like people doing stuff like that.) Now reinvented as a fantasy author.

Again I have no dog in the fight whatsoever, but I know I would be ticked to lose money, especially like $4K, and the whole insurance-claim thing is just doubling-down on fraud.

That "disease" he had sounds like fibermyalgia. No test can prove or varify it but only do what you want, be happy. BS

Last edited:
Reactions: Ser Arthur Dayne
IMO it would be worth a call to the state police and FBI as fraud and theft can easily be proven. FBI may be surprisingly interested since he’s a gun guy and it seems like they hate us now. Also the state attorney general. I would file reports with all 3.

Reactions: deersniper
Well I’d say despite those that have come in here and vouched for him saying he had health issues and such, fuck this piece of shit. He’s still ripping people off. I’d love to read that someone showed up on his doorstep and gave him some real medical issues.
You want to knock your shit off about someone showing at someone else's doorstep? You're about two fucking cunt hairs from being banned...

L o l.

See the system set up to protect the criminals and enrich the lawyers and keep the court/prison system full

Reactions: Jigstick
To me, different sector. TNVC specifically wouldn't touch the repair/refurb I needed done (yes, called them) so asked, was advised of Pete. At the time just a couple years back, did it at the expected speed, long conversations about the best approach to get it done, pros and cons of different options, etc. Deliriously happy with the work done.

Now that's he's not there... I have no one for this. Literally have a project unit that needs similar upgrade/change work, trying to find someone who will take it on.

To me, different sector. TNVC specifically wouldn't touch the repair/refurb I needed done (yes, called them) so asked, was advised of Pete. At the time just a couple years back, did it at the expected speed, long conversations about the best approach to get it done, pros and cons of different options, etc. Deliriously happy with the work done.

Now that's he's not there... I have no one for this. Literally have a project unit that needs similar upgrade/change work, trying to find someone who will take it on.
Have you checked with Surgeon Shooter? I know he does some repair work, just not specifically if he does what you're looking for. Jay is a solid dude.

Lol maybe that’s what the law said. It’s still criminal behavior The law used to say you could own people too.

And Tnvc sucks. They found the after the sale support bs but they don’t actually do it.

Lol maybe that’s what the law said. It’s still criminal behavior The law used to say you could own people too.

And Tnvc sucks. They found the after the sale support bs but they don’t actually do it.
And those laws that were deemed wrong were eventually changed. These ones that you believe are fucked up can he changed as well.

not a lawyer but based on conversations with a lawyer on something similar you are 100% correct
People have been charged with fraud for less. I do agree that it is more of a contract issue but if there is evidence that there was never any intent to provide the product agreed to at the time that money exchanged hands then that is criminal fraud.

It's more of an evidentiary issue in that proof of intent is difficult.

Have you checked with Surgeon Shooter? I know he does some repair work, just not specifically if he does what you're looking for. Jay is a solid dude.
Jay can do pretty much anything, and I'd trust my kids with him. If I had kids.

I went with Pete because no one else is aware of would do what I wanted done at the time and he had a stellar reputation. He promptly answered emails and calls until I sent him my device and payment, which seems to be a pattern starting late 2018 into early 2019. As we've seen here he's still been pulling the same scam just cutting off comms with people as he goes. I don't know if he actually is sick but he's apparently healthy enough to still take on new "work" but can't finish what he's been paid for.

I looked into legal action. The consensus I got from the couple attorneys I spoke to was that lighting money on fire would net the same result as legal action with him in the midst of a bankruptcy case.

Reactions: shoobe01
Specific instance with TNVC?
Bought a $13000 Canadian thermal back when the gwot was in full effect and we couldn’t get domestic stuff.

Arrived unzeroable. Had to pay to ship it back ($$$$$). It broke within a few months with light 223 use. Was rated for 308. Had to pay to ship it back to Canada again and maybe repairs too. It’s been a while.

But they are a bunch of bs. And I’m convinced they had something to do with Wilcox getting their panties in a bunch over high power lasers.

So full of bs. And elitist.

Bought a $13000 Canadian thermal back when the gwot was in full effect and we couldn’t get domestic stuff.

Arrived unzeroable. Had to pay to ship it back ($$$$$). It broke within a few months with light 223 use. Was rated for 308. Had to pay to ship it back to Canada again and maybe repairs too. It’s been a while.

But they are a bunch of bs. And I’m convinced they had something to do with Wilcox getting their panties in a bunch over high power lasers.

So full of bs. And elitist.
Interesting. One friend had a customer service dealing with an in-house built unit and they were good.

They are elitist,... lol I will give you that. In all honesty I find Sam Houston entertaining.

Pretty sure Jayson Cotter of IGF and that Gucciano AK guy got charged with fraud and theft, and I doubt the gun parts they had were worth a quarter mill. I always used to say that being a NFA/AW gunsmith was the most dangerous profession on earth because as soon as they get successful enough, they get cancer, or hit by a bus, then their phone and internet stops working. This kind of thing seems fairly common in the gun biz.

Pretty sure Jayson Cotter of IGF and that Gucciano AK guy got charged with fraud and theft, and I doubt the gun parts they had were worth a quarter mill. I always used to say that being a NFA/AW gunsmith was the most dangerous profession on earth because as soon as they get successful enough, they get cancer, or hit by a bus, then their phone and internet stops working. This kind of thing seems fairly common in the gun biz.

Reactions: Fig and wvfarrier
His LLC is expired in the state of Idaho. Has anyone had success in getting there money back or stuff back from him in the last year? Civil court would be your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.