• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Peterson vs Alpha 6 Creed SRP brass

AHart76

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Haubstadt, Indiana
Anybody have any experience with the Peterson 6 Creed SRP brass? Heard good things about their brass in other calibers, any reason why this wouldn’t be of the same quality? Building a new gun and was gonna use Alpha, but the price difference has me seriously considering the Peterson!

I believe Lapua also now sells 6 Creed brass. It sure is nice to have quality brass to select from! I personally still use Hornady and it has worked very well for me and I have gone through 4 barrels. However, I will give the Lapua a try soon.

I can't speak for Peterson. But I have been using Alpha 6cm since the first of the year. It has been amazing! Very consistent and predictable, my groups actually tightened up from what the Hornady brass loads would do. Im around the 1400-1500 mark on my barrel using Alpha brass.... I highly recommend it.

Reactions: Capt Academy
I know the Alpha is top notch stuff, but almost $200 cheaper for 500 pieces has me really leaning towards Peterson. Being able to easily identify my brass at matches would be nice too, doesn’t appear many people are using the Peterson. I’m just not sure if Alpha is enough better to justify the cost difference. I feel like any accuracy difference between the 2 would be beyond my capabilities anyway.

I haven’t used any Alpha yet, and I’ve been shooting Lapua since forever. You will not be dissapointed with the Peterson.