• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pfft Texas

12 years ago. In a city that regularly gets snow and people SHOULD know how to drive in it (except for all the ones with Texas plates...funny about that). This storm came in fast, and as this video was being shot I was at the top of this hill trying to get home. Fortunately there were people at the top yelling at the traffic to turn around. I did and avoided the carnage.

Reactions: JLP83
Yeah, Texans😂 and I live here.

I dated a woman from Dallas/Ft.Worth and yeah, she drove like an idiot and bitched at me for the way I drove, including for driving friendly and using my signals when lane changing, claiming I was tipping my hand and letting the other drivers know what my next move was. They are complete assholes.

So are Houston drivers.

It got hot one day in Kansas and they won’t shut the fuck up about it. It’s as bad as Texans bitching about that one time it snowed. Attention whores, both.
Should be in FL panhandle when it flurries. Closed the schools, grocery stores were out of milk and bread in 30 minutes. No way the snow would stick to the roads, it melted upon impact. LOL Widespread panic.

Yeah, Texans😂 and I live here.

I have a vehicle that can drive on the icy roads (slowly) and good enough tyres and enough skill to get where I'm going but I sit my ass home when the first Ice comes because the carnage on the roads is legendary.

Around here folks LOVE their RWD short bed pickup trucks with massive "hemi" engines or whatever.
Yep get those drivers on a sheet of ice and it's insane levels of crashing.
Plus the 18 wheeler drivers have never heard about going slow or not tailgating or looking ahead during bad weather so...

Reactions: Modoc and JimTN
I dated a woman from Dallas/Ft.Worth and yeah, she drove like an idiot and bitched at me for the way I drove, including for driving friendly and using my signals when lane changing, claiming I was tipping my hand and letting the other drivers know what my next move was. They are complete assholes.

So are Houston drivers.

One of my good friends is of the opinion that if they drive aggressively enough that's the way to be the safest.
Needless to say it's always scary when they drive me in their vehicle.
I always try to get them to just let me drive us in my vehicle.
I'm like hey you can lay down and go to sleep, my goal in driving would be to make sure nothing interrupts your sleep.

I will say that as hot as PHX gets in the summer it is comical watching the locals shit their pants when the temps drop into the 60’s.
60's? Bring it, bitches.

I used to get a cold every fall when the first cold front dropped temps and I refused to dress accordingly, savoring the cooler weather.

That was driving
So, big question and I can always learn something new. How accurate can a temp sensor be since it is near a hot engine and also hot metal that has been baking in the sun? I mean there is actual temperature, what "whiny people" ( I am still not complaining) in Texas call temperature measured in the shade. As opposed to contact temperature on maybe concrete.

Don't get me wrong, feels like temps are important. In my business, we have guys falling out because the area they are working in could not have a breeze and just a bunch of bright rock and soil. Essentially being in a reflective oven.

So are Houston drivers.

I saw a comic, Ron Shock, in Corpus Christi in the mid 80s. He did a bit on Houston drivers that brought down the house. He got on everything including not using the turn signals. I looked but couldn’t find on the net but it must be out there somewhere. My sides hurt for a couple days from laughing.

This
Is
A
Psyop

Duping whippersnapers, that doesn't shock me. Duping older guys like some of you, with these Rube Goldberg hypnotism weather charts....jeezoflip. Are you that stupid, or is your memory shot to shit?
It feels hotter in the sun.
It feels hotter when it's humid.
Its hotter on the concrete.

Summer is hot. Always has been in living memory.
Don't be a climate Karen. It makes you look like a gray haired retard.

This
Is
A
Psyop

Duping whippersnapers, that doesn't shock me. Duping older guys like some of you, with these Rube Goldberg hypnotism weather charts....jeezoflip. Are you that stupid, or is your memory shot to shit?

Folks don't remember 1936 and how hot that was...
The great Killer heat wave of 1911 in the north east

1693077879688.png

1693077920969.png

Now I will argue that some new peaks are being set because of Human activity.
Specifically as I've noticed over 30 years of being here.
The more square miles of solid concrete you put in one spot, the more it heats up and the more a heat island builds up.
So the bigger your city gets the hotter the city will become to a certain extent.
Big evil concrete cities, just like wind farms, create hot heat bubbles and prevent cooler air and rain from breaking things up.

But even still, all time heat records were mostly 100 years ago.

1693078343286.png

So, big question and I can always learn something new. How accurate can a temp sensor be since it is near a hot engine and also hot metal that has been baking in the sun? I mean there is actual temperature, what "whiny people" ( I am still not complaining) in Texas call temperature measured in the shade. As opposed to contact temperature on maybe concrete.

Don't get me wrong, feels like temps are important. In my business, we have guys falling out because the area they are working in could not have a breeze and just a bunch of bright rock and soil. Essentially being in a reflective oven.
I carry Fieldpiece temp probes for my job and calibrate them regularly and I can say that work van temp matches what my temp probes say pretty closely. I also have a laser thermometer and surface temps of the asphalt hit temps in the 170’s.

Reactions: Ronws
“Real Feel”, and “Heat Index” are tools of the Climate Change machine to exaggerate reality. Same for “Wind Chill” (remember it’s “climate change” now, not “global warming”, so they can point to either end of the spectrum as proof). The real temperature is what an accurate thermometer not exposed to direct sunlight says it is. Period.
Notice how they started giving names to winter storms a few years back? Same thing. Giving those storms a name also gives them quasi-human character, as though the storm has evil intent. All this is just to ramp up the drama and make people more fearful of the weather. "Bomb cyclone" is more terminology BS; it's just another way of saying it's a strong storm, but saying BOMB increases the drama. It's all manipulation. Fuck 'em.

You guys in Texas always whining about it being so hot.
Aww, poor you'se.

I grabbed this screen shot from accuweather the other day, unfortunately I can no longer find the page to link with it.
Anyway, here Texans......eat this.

View attachment 8212674
So I guess you have a bigger dick? Congrats. !

I saw a comic, Ron Shock, in Corpus Christi in the mid 80s. He did a bit on Houston drivers that brought down the house. He got on everything including not using the turn signals. I looked but couldn’t find on the net but it must be out there somewhere. My sides hurt for a couple days from laughing.
I wish I had seen that. I just assumed that some people are so poor that when they buy a car, they cannot afford the turn signal thing. I mean, they would use it if they had it, right? I mean, you had to use them to pass the actual driving test.

I can remember in Jr. High and high school in the late 60's and early 70's in central Texas we'd already have our first cold snap and it was always coat weather the first day of deer season in early Nov.

Then, in '73, the first day was unusually warm, still and balmy and everyone hunted in shirtsleeves, one buddy just wore a t shirt. The deer didn't move and nobody anywhere saw or shot anything. It was weird.

And it's been pretty much that way ever since. We don't have the cold, sleety opening days of deer season the first week of Nov. like we once had. So yeah, I'd say I've witnessed a climate change in my lifetime.

Also, we didn't have A/C in the summers as a kid except in the parent's bedroom and we worked outside doing summer jobs. It may have been this hot but we were too young and tough to notice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronws
I can remember in Jr. High and high school in the late 60's and early 70's in central Texas we'd already have our first cold snap and it was always coat weather the first day of deer season in early Nov.

Then, in '73, the first day was unusually warm, still and balmy and everyone hunted without coats and longjohns, one buddy just wore a t shirt. The deer didn't move and nobody anywhere saw or shot anything. It was weird.

And it's been pretty much that way ever since. We don't have the cold, sleety opening days of deer season the first week of Nov. like we once had. So yeah, I'd say I've witnessed a climate change in my lifetime.

Also, we didn't have A/C in the summers as a kid except in the parent's bedroom and we worked outside doing summer jobs. It may have been this hot but we were too young and tough to notice.
Even up here in the north end of the state, archery season will open and all you can do is hunt in t-shirts. However, winter up here can be a smidge colder. One day, I would like to win the draw from TPWD for Mule Deer at the Cap Rock Canyon SP near Turkey, Tx. Normally, it is just for hiking and camping but the close it off for a few days of compartment hunting. Expect icy conditions. Expect shots of at least 200 yards.

Reactions: NoDopes
12 years ago. In a city that regularly gets snow and people SHOULD know how to drive in it (except for all the ones with Texas plates...funny about that). This storm came in fast, and as this video was being shot I was at the top of this hill trying to get home. Fortunately there were people at the top yelling at the traffic to turn around. I did and avoided the carnage.

I’ve seen this one before. Must’ve been some pretty nasty ice under the snow.

Reactions: Yasherka

So are Houston drivers.
Aren’t you from Austin?

Even up here in the north end of the state, archery season will open and all you can do is hunt in t-shirts. However, winter up here can be a smidge colder. One day, I would like to win the draw from TPWD for Mule Deer at the Cap Rock Canyon SP near Turkey, Tx. Normally, it is just for hiking and camping but the close it off for a few days of compartment hunting. Expect icy conditions. Expect shots of at least 200 yards.
I need this. Shooting white-tail off the porch in my underwear is getting boring

• Haha
Reactions: XP1K
Reactions: NoDopes and JLP83
There's a 'bedroom community' in the Hill Country west of Austin called Wimberly that became a magnet for Houston retirees and transplants. I bet over half the people living there are from Houston.

On the winding two lane roads that lead into town, the Houstonians drive like they're in a NASCAR race. Groups of ten or more form a solid rope of cars driving 65mph, bumper to bumper like they're drafting each other.

They go by whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh...then everything is quiet, then here comes another solid train of cars right on each other's ass.

Reactions: NotByWorks

Then, in '73, the first day was unusually warm, still and balmy and everyone hunted in shirtsleeves, one buddy just wore a t shirt. The deer didn't move and nobody anywhere saw or shot anything. It was weird.

If you can find a chart...might be tough. I think you'll find the early to mid '70s had notoriously cold fall and winters.
I well remember my elementary teachers scaring the hell out of kids with, "fossil fuels are causing an ice age" "we will all freeze to death by 2000 if we don't quit burning fossil fuel"
Which was handy, cause they also told us that we would run out of oil by the year 2000.

All this shit is nothing new.

The climate has cycles.....just like the sun has cycles. Its probably just a coincidence.

There's a 'bedroom community' in the Hill Country west of Austin called Wimberly that became a magnet for Houston retirees and transplants. I bet over half the people living there are from Houston.

On the winding two lane roads that lead into town, the Houstonians drive like they're in a NASCAR race. Groups of ten or more form a solid rope of cars driving 65mph, bumper to bumper like they're drafting each other.

They go by whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh...then everything is quiet, then here comes another solid train of cars right on each other's ass.

Isn’t one of those roads called the Devil’s Backbone? I have to admit it is hard to drive slow on roads like that.

Isn’t one of those roads called the Devil’s Backbone? I have to admit it is hard to drive slow on roads like that.
Yeah, Devil's Backbone is to the south and cuts over to Blanco or San Marcos. Good Harley riding roads.

If you can find a chart...might be tough. I think you'll find the early to mid '70s had notoriously cold fall and winters.
I well remember my elementary teachers scaring the hell out of kids with, "fossil fuels are causing an ice age" "we will all freeze to death by 2000 if we don't quit burning fossil fuel"
Which was handy, cause they also told us that we would run out of oil by the year 2000.

All this shit is nothing new.

The climate has cycles.....just like the sun has cycles. Its probably just a coincidence.
It's 104 here now and I hear and see shotgunners across the lake shooting. Dove season doesn't open until Sept. 1st. No reason anybody would be out in 104 temps shooting. If they start blasting when it gets later and the dove start flying, I'm calling the GW.

It's not the first time they've done this, and got caught. The other time they were way out of season, had shot a bunch of illegal dove and were in possession of drugs.

Maybe they are shooting Eurasian dove? Here there isn't a season for them and are considered a nuisance. No limit either.

Reactions: Modoc
Maybe they are shooting Eurasian dove? Here there isn't a season for them and are considered a nuisance. No limit either.
It's a white-wing flight path that passes over my cabin.

I like seeing people hunt and love hearing the sound of the 2nd A but those birds are under enough stress with the heat without this.

"just like the white winged dove sings a song, sounds like she's singing....oooh, baby, oooh, said oooh..."

Folks don't remember 1936 and how hot that was...
The great Killer heat wave of 1911 in the north east

View attachment 8213241

View attachment 8213242

Now I will argue that some new peaks are being set because of Human activity.
Specifically as I've noticed over 30 years of being here.
The more square miles of solid concrete you put in one spot, the more it heats up and the more a heat island builds up.
So the bigger your city gets the hotter the city will become to a certain extent.
Big evil concrete cities, just like wind farms, create hot heat bubbles and prevent cooler air and rain from breaking things up.

But even still, all time heat records were mostly 100 years ago.

View attachment 8213243
43 yrs ago was our hottest summer. Weather runs in cycles. All this bullshit about global warming is for stealing more of your money!

This makes me think about all the scare tactic bullshit I see on the weather now those few times I even watch the lying news. That is with our temps being a good bit lower than that. We are generally mid to upper 90s in our hottest stretches. It's no hotter here in the South than it's ever been but all I hear is danger! danger! life threatening temps! you will die! on the weather reports. Got to keep the populice worried about something to move agendas. That said a lifetime of living with high temps and 165% humidity from July through September have made me want a mountain house.
Makes me think about Jim cantore. Lol.
This
Is
A
Psyop

Agreed. It comes in cycles and it's all driven by the sun, and there's nothing new under the sun. Space weather drives our weather.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Aren’t you from Austin?
Yeah. I was dating the girl from Big D in the 90's before that massive influx of foreigners from Calif., New York, Florida... Austin drivers then were pretty laid back and had their own style.

Now its crazy with people from all over. I don't go into Austin anymore but those transplants that work there live out west and they are some major a-holes.

Reactions: XP1K
Yeah. I was dating the girl from Big D in the 90's before that massive influx of foreigners from Calif., New York, Florida... Austin drivers then were pretty laid back and had their own style.

Now its crazy with people from all over. I don't go into Austin anymore but those transplants that work there live out west and they are some major a-holes.
They say, "Keep Austin weird."

There's no such thing as "hottest ever" because we only have records for ~0.0000000333...% of the Earth's existence, and anything else is a complete scam with ulterior motives. All of it is a play for clicks and views through sensational headlines. "155 Million People Under Threat of EXTREME Weather!!!!!" when there's a wave of thunderstorms on the eastern seaboard. "Realfeel Temps Highest Ever!!!" for a system that's existed for a couple decades and has an evolving algorithm to create higher readings and more attention whoring.

The only thing guaranteed when it comes to Earth's climate is that it WILL change. Just the last 1000 years has seen mini ice ages and dust bowls, yet we still lack anything other than minor references and "scientific" guesses because there were no actual recordings while studies of the past are perpetually skewed through confirmation bias and poor methods.

There will be a time when Chicago is again buried under a mile of ice, and the Sahara will again be a tropical paradise. The polar caps will all completely melt for a period and will also encroach to 30° Latitude. And not a fucking thing any species on Earth does or fails to do will have an iota to do with it.

But, in the meantime, let's freak the fuck out some more because it's hot or cold outside when we have mastered our own personal climate through HVAC.

101 here this morning at 11:30am on the Texas gulf coast.

Current conditions as of about fifteen minutes ago.
Screenshot_20230827_133723_Messages.jpg

It's gettin crispy around here!

• Wow
Reactions: Yasherka
1693172271287.png

at 4:37 PM CDST in Dallas, Texas, Sunday 08-27-2023.