• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pfizer vaccine 95% effective

GoatLD259

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2020
United States
Good morning Hide

Pfizer vaccine shown to be 95% effective. Up from the 90% that was reported initially. Pfizer has also reported that it has enough safety data to merit FDA authorization.

It was mentioned in a previous post that the logistics of this will be very difficult as this vaccine has to be stored at -94 degrees F. I am hoping that they leave the distribution and logistics to a private company rather than the military.

Goat

Reactions: BoilerUP
Begs the question, why did all the other vaccines take so long?...

R

I am not sure. I am not a physician, virologist, or a doctor by any means. But maybe this vaccine did not take nearly as long as Covid is similar to Sars in that they have the same host cell receptor.

I am just trying to get some good conversation with other fellows who love to shoot guns. :)

Goat

Last edited:
they are using a new technology mRNA nucleosides

they can be made much faster but are also more easily destroyed

the other vaccine companies are doing the same research and same type of product.

bottom line the colder the better, tests are being done in concert with warmer temperatures which will extend shelf life and raise temperature tolerance

edit..spelling as usual

Last edited:
From what is being written, the pfizer vaccine needs the ultra cold storage which could be difficult, but certainly can be done. The moderna vaccine needs more traditional storage, which most hospitals have. They have a private company pipeline ready to go with mckesson, fedex, ups, and CVS. Doesn't look like the military will take the lead on it.

Either way, 90-95 percent effectiveness is encouraging.

I am not sure. I am not a physician, virologist, or a doctor by any means. But maybe this vaccine did not take nearly as long as Covid is similar to Sars in that they host cell receptor.

I am just trying to get some good conversation with other fellows who love to shoot guns. :)

Goat

Answer is simple...

$$$$$$$$$

And lots and lots of it.

Cold storage is not as big as everyone thinks it is, these vaccines will be used with in 1-2 week of initial shipment from MFG

you can overnight a package from coast to coast with guaranteed AM delivery from several carriers

im sure a priority will be put on vaccines if temperature is a issue

Pfizer and alike already have cold storage vessel for the vaccines to be shipped in that lasts approx 2 weeks

by the time these vaccines are sitting on the shelf the next stability studies will have been confirmed and most likely normal refrigeration will be adequate

keyboard commandos across the world want to jump in and shoot holes

because they used to work in shipping for a local widget mfg or took chemistry in college they have a idea what is going on

lest just say, its not big pharma's first rodeo

Reactions: clcustom1911
From what is being written, the pfizer vaccine needs the ultra cold storage which could be difficult, but certainly can be done. The moderna vaccine needs more traditional storage, which most hospitals have. They have a private company pipeline ready to go with mckesson, fedex, ups, and CVS. Doesn't look like the military will take the lead on it.

Either way, 90-95 percent effectiveness is encouraging.
Military won't take the lead, we will just be the test subjects as usual.

Didn’t Pfizer suddenly change their effectiveness from 90-95% after Moderna came out and said theirs was 94.5% effective? Sounds too coincidental to me.

Reactions: candyx and Pbgt
Even if somebody happens to think SARS-CoV-2 is all a Chinese WuFlu scamdemic and they ain't gettin' no shot from nobody...multiple highly effective and SAFE vaccines developed and approved will boost public confidence and sentiment on a local, state, national and global level and help to bring the shitshow that has been 2020 back to normal.

Put another way, IF NOTHING ELSE it'll help pacify the Kens and Karens of the world...

Never in history has this amount of global financial/scientific/medical resources been thrown at creation of a vaccine, and we'd be remiss to ignore the reality that technology has advanced a wee bit since the 50s when the polio vaccine was approved.

Didn’t Pfizer suddenly change their effectiveness from 90-95% after Moderna came out and said theirs was 94.5% effective? Sounds too coincidental to me.

Initial results vs. final results.

41,135 participants in Pfizer's Stage 3 trial got both doses of vaccine (or placebo). 170 total cases of COVID occurred within the trial cohort, 162 of which were in the placebo cohort and 8 of which were in the vaccine cohort indicating 95.29% efficacy.

Of the 170 COVID cases occurring in the trial cohort, there were 10 cases of 'severe' disease, nine of which were in the placebo cohort and a single case of 'severe' disease within the vaccine cohort.

I am not sure. I am not a physician, virologist, or a doctor by any means. But maybe this vaccine did not take nearly as long as Covid is similar to Sars in that they host cell receptor.

Goat
We've discussed this a bit.
To bad that previous versions of the flu weren't similar.

R

Reactions: supercorndogs
They don’t have the same connections Pfizer does to the Chinese lab where COVID-19 was created.

Meh. Less likely theories aside...

Its simple.

When more money is to be made by the "cure" as opposed to the treatment, thats when you will see vaccines.

No money to be made by covid "treatments"...

Cancer, on the other hand....

Reactions: Mater2009
The only way I’m taking some rushed vaccine is if it protects me from a US made biological weapon that is being planned for use against the slant eye mother fuckers who attacked us

Reactions: Cmb1025 and Bigben
Going about my life has thus far proven to be 100% effective...

lost of good discussion so far...minus a few that need tin foil hats

Grant you the vaccine news is good but I think most of the members here were waiting on the vaccine for Genital Warts......

One-upmanship pushing the stock market knows no bounds. Followed by insiders selling their stock.

First Pfizer comes up with more than 90%, then Russians up the ante with more than 92% , then Moderna comes with 94% and now Pfizer again ups their number to 95%.

Like someone wrote
''Moderna next week arguing that their vaccine is actually 120% effective, some people they didn't even give it to are protected. The vaccine group is now hotter and richer than the placebo group, some of the placebo group's wives have left them for the vaccine group participants.''

Pfizer might have the most juiced up number but is realy least practical vaccine with impossible storage and transportation requirements for real mass distribution , Moderna is far more practical, but both are RNA-type vaccines will see how this really plays out .

Mr.BR said:
Pfizer might have the most juiced up number but is realy least practical vaccine with impossible storage and transportation requirements for real mass distribution , Moderna is far more practical, but both are RNA-type vaccines will see how this really plays out .
Pfizer has developed vaccine shipping containers that use dry ice to maintain the required -70F temp, with GPS enabled thermal censors, and refilling with dry ice will allow those containers to be used as temporary storage units at vaccine administration sites for two weeks.

FedEx and UPS have ultracold freezers at their Memphis and Louisville air hubs, and the ability to transport large quantities of dry ice onboard aircraft to get vaccines quickly distributed around the US and world.

Ultra-cold storage requirements ARE an issue with the Pfizer vaccine, but they are not in any way an insurmountable one.

They STILL DON'T have a vaccine for STUPIDITY though!

I wonder how many people are going to misinterpret this post?

They STILL DON'T have a vaccine for STUPIDITY though!

I wonder how many people are going to misinterpret this post?

May I quote God " You can't fix stupid " so says the Lord.........

I wouldn't take a vaccine for the chinese cold if it was 100% effective. And "proven harmless."

Word.
Seems to be a better seller than the computer versions...
Can't remember the last time I saw someone all fired up about McAfee.

R
McAfee, the worst computer virus that can infect your computer...

^^^lol. I have McAfee on one of my computer's and when it did an upgrade my computer no longer functioned. Had to manually go move files over, wipe it and reload my software

.06% I saw this morning. We went from 5 in 100, to 3 in 100, to 1 in 100, 1 in 1000 to 6 in 10,000 really fast.

95% it works. The other 5% your asshole turns inside out and rots away
Definitely gonna have to take a pass on this one as I like having my asshole right side out and fully functional for those late night stops at the taco bell .

Interesting how Moderna came out with a vaccine a day after Pfizer that had a higher percentage then Pfizer came right back at them the next day. I think it is all a matter of PR.
Pfizer came up with their 95% by testing it on only 96 people. How many people does that come out to? My math sux!

I'd rather pull a fish hook out of my dick than have that stuff injected in me.

You certainly have that right. And a shorter line for us. Win-win.

Kir said:
Pfizer came up with their 95% by testing it on only 96 people.

41,135 got two doses of vaccine/placebo in Pfizer's Stage 3 trial; 170 of those people tested positive for COVID-19.

162 of those 170 positives received placebo while 8 received vaccine.

9 of those 162 placebo positives had "severe" COVID while 1 of those 8 vaccine positives had "severe" COVID.

So 5% of us are unprotected so that 17,500,000 people that are tossed to the side because of some lazy scientist couldn't bring the vaccine to 100%, thats the good news .........

Most people I know who have had it, didn't know or think they had it until they were forced to get tested. So they ran their test by watching for symptoms, when we are told most cases don't have symptoms, and that is why healthy people need to wear masks.

9 out 162 with no vaccine who showed symptoms, had a bad case {6%}. How many died, and what age groups? So your chances of having "severe covid" are about the same as the vaccine not working. So pretty much 94% you don't get sick, 99.94% chance you don't die, with no vaccine, even lower if broken down into age groups. Or a little higher if you are 70+, like with every other sickness we know of.

I just saw where Pfizer is working on a powder form of the vaccine. For you powder heads, I guess this is a great deal as you can ingest it like you do with your coke. Probably mix it with your coke too and won't have second thoughts about taking it. o_O:ROFLMAO:

Now we know just how rushed and politically pressured the approval of Pfizer vaccine was ,the vaccine made and distributed en mase is both different and qualitatively inferior to the one they tested in trials . You can bet your money its no where near as effective as the clinical trials that are always gamed to show better results anyway. wouldbe suprised if Pfizers vacine is any better than superbudget AstraZeneca vacine that also doesn't need any fancy logistcs. The other thing we can now clearly see is that winners ($$$) are purely politically chosen, was never a level playing field.

''
It is on some of these "problems" that the other documents stolen in December 2020 relate, not suspected of manipulation by the EMA. And more particularly, the problems regarding the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. We thus discover that in November the European agency formulated three “major objections” to this vaccine: certain manufacturing sites had not yet been inspected; data on commercial vaccine lots was still missing; more importantly, the available data revealed qualitative differences between the commercial batches and those used during clinical trials. It is on this last point that the evaluators seem most concerned.

Indeed, to move from a clinical stage to a commercial stage, manufacturers had to change their manufacturing processes, they also invested in new production lines and new factories. These modifications could explain the differences in the exact composition of vaccines, in particular a decrease in the degree of RNA integrity. This is the crucial element of this vaccine which makes it possible, once injected into the cells, to manufacture the virus's Spike protein and thus teach the immune system to recognize this pathogen and neutralize it. The vaccines used in clinical trials had between 69% and 81% “intact” RNA, that is, the entire sequence used to make the Spike protein. On the other hand, data on the batches produced in these new production lines revealed lower percentages, 59% on average. Some lots even went down to 51% and 52%. A"Sticking point , " said the EMA on 23 November.

The question arises as to whether this lower RNA level could not only impact the effectiveness of the vaccination but also its safety, because who says less RNA integrates, says more impurities, especially RNA. truncated. “We often have a little shorter or a little longer RNA in these products. We filter according to the size of the molecule, but this filtration is difficult on a large scale
”, comments Steve Pascolo, researcher at the University Hospital of Zurich, who has been working on RNA vaccines for twenty years (co-founder of CureVac in 2000, he left this company, and today has joint projects with BioNTech). These truncated RNAs can obviously no longer be translated into Spike protein. However, data provided by the manufacturer to the EMA indicate that with a complete RNA level of 62%, the protein is still produced in comparable quantities. "In the first trials of BioNTech, they had immune responses with a single microgram of RNA ," points out Steve Pascolo. There the vaccine is supposed to have 30 micrograms, so they have room. "

https://www.lemonde.fr/planete/arti...-europeenne-des-medicaments_6066502_3244.html