• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PGM (French sniper) rifles?

Atanasius

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2011
Wisconsin
I’m very curious about any SH members who really experienced shooting PGM sniper rifles. If there are any, please share your experience!
I made an attempt to purchase the rifle on the second photo 11 years ago, but the price was insane. So this bug is still in my head, how good are these rifles?
Keep in mind, what is a standard for AI these days was a standard for PGM 15 years ago!!!!

Attachments

• C01F0399-2553-40CE-B024-CEC66BA7D855.jpeg
    C01F0399-2553-40CE-B024-CEC66BA7D855.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 92B42E6C-BA12-4C0A-87DD-A10E42BEA1E9.jpeg
    92B42E6C-BA12-4C0A-87DD-A10E42BEA1E9.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 150
Hi,

I do but I am curious as to what you think they done standard before AI.

The PGM rifles are nice, my experience is strictly with the Hecate 2 in which I prefer the AMSD from Switzerland over the PGM since the designer of AMSD assisted in the design and modifications to the Hecate 2.

The barrel change design was great back then but it has not been improved upon in decades even though technology and machining practices have advanced to the point the design absolutely could be improved upon.
If you notice that same barrel change design is used on several rifles built in that area of the world because they all essentially stem from the same guys brain.
The TPG1
The PGM
The B&T APR (They actually made upgrades to the attachment method)
The FMR Unique
The list goes on

The forend mounting interface could use upgrades.

Essentially, they are nice rifles but they were "cutting edge" decades ago and have not improved and kept up with the industry IMO.

Sincerely,
Theis

Totally agree Theis.
PTG standard back then:
-fast changing barrel
-fully adjustable modular folding stock
-barrel cooling sleeve
As you said, they did not improve despite their product was cutting edge decades ago.

The Ultima Ratio has several different calibers available.

Lothar Walther barrels.

A page exists on F.B. and the accuracy results are impressive.

Reactions: Atanasius
PGM Ludis

Attachments

• EF899181-329A-43FA-BFB6-55A40E542918.png
    EF899181-329A-43FA-BFB6-55A40E542918.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
What I don’t understand is the frogs are obsessed with everything being pretty, and the rifles that they designed are butt ugly

I really like the PGM rifles, the ergonomics are great and for me felt better than the AI.
the ones i shoot were very accurate.
the action us the smoothest I know, even better then Sako TRG.
I was always a little worried because the receiver is made of aluminum but the bolt actually locks the the barrel like on the newer rifles.
I saw two or three rifles loose the bolt stop in the most inconvenient time when you need to shoot and find the bolt out of the rifle when you cycle it fast.
nice rifles with no support as much as I know, today you have much better options with Sako, AI, Barrett and many other manufacturers.
if you'll get one eventually you will not regret it , just hope you don't need service or a new barrel for it.
Good luck

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote