• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PGW EFR or Badger EFR

Curnow26

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
For those who have used these. Which one should i go with? The pgw is quite a bit more$. This will be used on a M40A5 build, I do not have experiance with either and i an concerned with functionality. If it were your build which would you use?
Thanks

Re: PGW EFR or Badger EFR

If you're only concerned with functionality, the Badger EFR is the way to go. As you've noted, it's less expensive than the PGW, it's a simpler pattern to inlet if your stock isn't already inlet for an EFR, plus it has a longer top rail section (which you can switch to either the front or the rear) and removable side rail section(s).

If you're going for an exact replica of the M40A5, then the PGW is the way to go, regardless of functionality or preference.

kft101
i appreciate the info. Those are great points.
Ill go with the Badger EFR then. This is a long action 308 build so it is not exact although it is a usmc spec stock also it has a M40 countour krieger. I have a short action m40a5 build in the works with the g series slotted action and ross base that i will get the pgw for down the road.
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr15match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't overlook the offering from Black Ops Precision available from Triad. A great piece of kit to consider!

http://www.triadtactical.com/specter-Night-Vision-Mount.html

</div></div>

That's the SPECTER NV Mount, designed for the MCS-T and stocks of similar width:

358nwy8.jpg

but we also make an EFR that uses the same inletting pattern as the Badger:

2wq7m7l.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Curnow26</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody know if the Badger EFR is steel or aluminimum?</div></div>

The Badger and Black Ops are aluminum

KMW has been using their own on a bunch of rifles and stocks for a while. Website calls it a MUNSter.
munsterassemblyd.jpg

No snag design and ribbed bottom half to anchor the Thermals and big PVS-27s.

Those Are pieces of hardware built very nice. Thanks mike for the pics and every body else. That KMW looks sharp. I like ribbed bottom for the extra grab.