• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Phantom Finishing Pics and Reviews

tpowers

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2009
Concord, CA
I wanted to start a thread where I could post up pictures of recent work and get reviews from Hide members and clients.
Here is a couple of the latest:

23ker2h.jpg

alho9e.jpg

Re: Phantom Finishing Pics and Reviews

they both look sharp; in the future try to take pictures like you did in the 2nd, with the rifle against the natural backdrop - it really makes the difference... I am sure #1 is just as good of a job as #2, but #2 just pops w/ the natural background.

Here's the same rifle in pic 1 in sunlight. I didn't put it up because of the bad shadow.
e6ylw5.jpg

looks totally different than pic 1, and 100x better. great job.

Paint jobs look great. I have been wanting to paint my rifle but just can't seem to get myself to do it, a little nervous I think.

Gosh I never even thought about coating my Atlas...good idea, I had run out of personal stuff to spray!

Been wanting to paint mine, but not so good at the camo thing. Very nice job on yours. Kinda thinking of doing the film dip instead of paint. Have lots of toys to practice on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Ross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">excellent work, do you bake the finish? </div></div>
95% of the time I use the H series which is the bake on.

Hey Todd,

That rifle #1. Looks great...seeing that's mine...lol. Can't wait to see it in person.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevlars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Todd,

That rifle #1. Looks great...seeing that's mine...lol. Can't wait to see it in person. </div></div>

I like your rifle great cammo choice looks great!
grin.gif

Those looks GREAT!
And to know its Cerakote makes it even kooler.

I think my buddy won a certificate of some sort from your company. Looking forward to seeing him have something done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paint jobs look great. I have been wanting to paint my rifle but just can't seem to get myself to do it, a little nervous I think. </div></div>

That's why you send it to someone like Todd!

Phantom did the stock on this one (thanks Todd!):
65sage019.jpg

You do excellent work! Ill be contacting you when i get mine done.

I have to tell you that pictures does not do Todds work justice. This is the 1st rifle posted above --
[img:center]
DSC_0070.jpg
[/img]
And it looks twice as good in person.

Met todd this weekend for the first time he is a great shooter and guy overall. Not to mention his work looked top notch. Maybe someday i will get the ugly ass krylon off my trg and send it his way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Team-Send-It!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Met todd this weekend for the first time he is a great shooter and guy overall. Not to mention his work looked top notch. Maybe someday i will get the ugly ass krylon off my trg and send it his way. </div></div>

I have to say the multi colored 100mph tape was my favorite touch.
laugh.gif

One of the biggest ironies about me is that even though I am a finisher, I really appreciate the look of a well used firearm.

Here is my 7-300WSM that I did a while ago.

2n20npe.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tpowers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my 7-300WSM that I did a while ago.

2n20npe.jpg
</div></div>

When you do a job with an optic, do you use the air cure on the entire project or do the colors match close enough that you can use air cure on the optic and heat cure on the rest?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tpowers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my 7-300WSM that I did a while ago.

2n20npe.jpg
</div></div>

That is completely badass, great work and originality!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TORKAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tpowers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my 7-300WSM that I did a while ago.

2n20npe.jpg
</div></div>

When you do a job with an optic, do you use the air cure on the entire project or do the colors match close enough that you can use air cure on the optic and heat cure on the rest? </div></div>
There are a couple different ways that I go about doing it. The air cure matches very well. It depends on the colors that I use and what it is that is being coated.

Here is an urban digital package that I did a while back.

2zgeope.jpg

It's a horrible picture, but maybe something like this?

2howd2x.jpg

Your working too hard what I was hoping for is an 18" AJ Brown built 5.56 SPR with original Nikon Gen Two Mildot Tactical on it. Kinda like the one you have of mine.

LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your working too hard what I was hoping for is an 18" AJ Brown built 5.56 SPR with original Nikon Gen Two Mildot Tactical on it. Kinda like the one you have of mine.

LOL </div></div>

I figured that I would show you a picture of one similar to keep you satisfied while you patiently wait for me to finish yours.
laugh.gif

paint it pink uban digital .... I am sure that will surprise him.

WAIT I am TOO Old for this. I would have heart attack if it came back pink.

I will stay quiet in my corner.

Your work is far worth every minute of waiting, which really is not long anyway.

I have George going to build my Badger 2008 Action and it will be sent to you for paint.

Blahhahahah

Nice Todd. Hey the next time you are out in Phoenix let me know I would love to come down and meet you.

The next time I'll be in phoenix again will probably be for TPRC 2012. Usually in February.

Here is something that is interesting. The art work was provided by the owner.
The main color is Sniper Grey and the Art work is a custom mix.
2e5tpab.jpg

297ay8.jpg

Nice! I know another girl waiting on hers from you too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevlars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blahhahahah

Nice Todd. Hey the next time you are out in Phoenix let me know I would love to come down and meet you.
</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tpowers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The next time I'll be in phoenix again will probably be for TPRC 2012. Usually in February. </div></div>

Maybe a star like you can get some of these internet folks down to shoot, every month its the same faces at our local matches...

Back to the paint.

Todd is simply the best... thank you for your awesome workmanship.

DSCN1119web.jpg

DSCN1103web.jpg

DSCN1090web.jpg

DSCN1101web.jpg

More pics on our Facebook.

You're welcome Mark. Thank yo for the kind words. I'm glad to see how happy you are with it. It looks like it should work pretty well for your terrain.