• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Pheonix/Mesa AZ gunsmith recommendations

RanchhandTCR

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2013
Williams, AZ
Hello everone, I just want some input on trustworthy smiths in the pheonix and mesa area for my bolt gun. All i need done is cerakote the action and barrel and thread the muzzle for a badger FTE muzzle brake. Thanks for the help.

Agreed, phoenix custom rifles. They built a bolt gun for me and its awesome. Bern to there shop. They know their stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for PCR, they have done 2 bolt knob conversions for me and a barrel contour to install a suppressor mount.

Not to thread jack, but does a Smith need to be a SOT or hold similar license to have a customers suppressor in their possession to thread a barrel to mate with the can?

Last edited:
Not to thread jack, but does a Smith need to be a SOT or hold similar license to have a customers suppressor in their possession to thread a barrel to mate with the can?

I would give them a call as I don't think they need the can. They just need to know the can you plan to use so they can pull up the correct thread depth from the manufacturer. They should be able to answer the question best.

Unless my understanding is incorrect, as long as a gunsmith has their FFL they can be in possession of your items without any worries as long as you have your approved form. You can always bring it by while picking up the rifle to have them confirm it will work fine, but as long as you bought a quality can and give PCR the proper thread specs there's no reason to worry, PCR is more than capable. Just have to make sure they have proper thread specs from the manufacturer.