• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Phoenix Custom Rifles 308

drglock

Old fat guy
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 13, 2012
    Morrison,Oklahoma
    FedEx showed up last Thursday with my rifle that I had Brad and Keith build for me and all I can say is that these guys do an outstanding job.with the weather being as it has the last few days and with work I've only had time to do a few different load developments.
    I tried 178 Amaxes first which it shot one really well but only at the lower end of the charge using Varget so then I moved on to 190 SMK'S and am really pleased with the results.
    I will try some 175 and 180 SMK'S this weekend.

Specs

Remington 700 sa trued
    Krieger MTU 1-10 finished at 22
    Badger Thruster brake
    Timney trigger
    Manners T4A with mini chassis
    PCR bolt knob
    Ceracoated armour black

Sighted the rifle in today then shot this 5 shot group. It measured .259

Last edited:
    those Amax's are no good, you should probably just sell them to me ;) .....great looking rifle! Brad and Keith did some work on my rifle and you are right when you say they do great work

How did you decide on the 22 inch barrel? With a 24 I would have suggested a try with the 208s.

Nice rig! Try 175 smks at 43 grains of varget too. I set mine .015 off the lands and it works really good for me.

How did you decide on the 22 inch barrel? With a 24 I would have suggested a try with the 208s.

Brad said for what I wanted that 22 inch would be best,don't really want to shoot 208s.hopefully I'll find a good load with 175-180 SMK'S but if I don't I'm still really pleased with the results of the 190s, less than a 1/4inch is good all day long in my book

Nice rifle! Do you have a close up shot of the barrel brake? How does it do to prevent dust/dirt kicking up?

Right now there's no dust kicked up by it, this summer might have a little. Last summer I was shooting a 308 with a 20 inch barrel with no brake and it was so dry and dusty that after each shot it was like someone was throwing baby powder on me while I could shoot my 7wsm that had the same brake as this one (Badger Thruster)and it seemed to blow most of the dust off to the sides.