• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photo Request WOA Narrow or CLE SDM Fluting Under Handguard & Gas Block To Muzzle

Fire4EffectCA

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2019
CLE = Compass Lake Engineering
WOA = White Oak Armament

I have seen standard fluting (7 straight flutes) under the handguard and additionally from the gas block to muzzle, but not for SDM (10-12 deep flutes) fluting.

Below is a photo of a CLE barrel with SDM fluting under the handguard. I understand this fluting is also offered between the gas block and muzzle by WOA and CLE, but WOA calls it narrow when added between the gas block and muzzle.

Does anyone have a barrel with WOA narrow fluting or CLE SDM fluting under the handguard and also from the gas block to the muzzle they can take a picture of? I have not been able to find a photo anywhere.

IMG_3210-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
Someone was very kind and sent me a barrel with SDM fluting under the handguard and from the gas block to the muzzle. I believe these cuts are only 0.100” deep as opposed to the deeper cuts on mil spec barrels.

Now I need to decide if I will go with regular fluting or SDM with 12 flutes.

SDM-Fluting-1.jpg

SDM-Fluting-2.jpg

Reactions: bfoosh006