• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos pic from the night shoot.

bpsc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2009
MISSOURI
url]

this picture was hastily took after a night shoot,
made for a good image i put in our nightshoot video.

you can watch the video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeXo8MmCUxw

Re: pic from the night shoot.

The playing cards were a bonus shot worth 10 points from 300 yards, They were attached to the upper right of the targets.
I did not hit my card, this one I snagged from the pile to take the picture.
One may think a hitting a card at 300 yards is no problem, but at night its harder than one might think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoytshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cool video. looks like fun </div></div>
Your from Saint Louis and you didnt come????
shame shame!!
the club is in Missouri.

Those that didnt make it out to the shoot, well you guys missed a really cool event.. Before the event was over there was talk of scheduling another nightshoot. so theres still hope.

so did you guys use the glow sticks to illuminate your targets, or have a spotlight on em? we shoot @ night but i use my profiler II to illuminate my target up to 600M.

The Light stick was to identify center mass of the target, which worked quite well. We had a truck off trail at 100 yards pointed at the target burm with head lights on at a 45 degree angle. The lighting worked great. probably better than most people expected.
now walking around with a camera not stepping on anyone that was hard.

i know i always grossly underestimate distance during the night.

here in Australia i pretty much exclusivly shoot at night, as that is when all our nocturnal vermin and preditors are most active, and rechecking shots during the day often shows some unexpected results, hehehehehe (read 1 shoot 2 kills etc etc, hahahaha)

we were out one night on a property near here, i lined up a bunny under the light sitting at the entrance to his hole on the side of a gully.... i kind of feel bad for his buddy who was waiting behind him to get out too.....i guess the first one was checking if the coast was clear, baaahahahaha

love night time shooting, but have never done it at the range.....

cheers guys, jimi

Way back in the day, when we were deployed to go into Haiti, we trained up for a few weeks on Vieques (sp?) island. We never had night vision on our M40A1's but for fun and out of curiosity, we tried a night shoot anyway. We put chemlights on targets and tried to shoot those. It was really difficult seeing the cross-hairs at night. We did manage to "kill" a few chemlights though when we managed to line up the center of the cross-hairs on the tiny little green light way out there!

We used a Coleman lantern set up about 15 feet in front of the target, one lamp lit 2 each 4'X8' backers.

The coleman lantern idea is a very good one, The only problem is with an average of 20 shooters that means 10 lanterns..