• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

picatinny mounts for savage mark2 ?

Re: picatinny mounts for savage mark2 ?

I bought one of the EGW 20 MOA bases for my Savage Mark II FVT. It works great! Good workmanship, screws aligned very well. I recommend it.

EGW has what you need for about $45. if it's an older mkii, the wholes may not match up as savage had a run of bad drilled receivers. if you come across that problem, they also sell blanks where you can get you gunsmith to measure and drill the base. (egw will swap it for a blank) that's the problem i had however the mount is worth it even if you have to go that way.

Evolution Gun Works

I have a new Savage Mark II BTVS. Love my new 20moa rails. Bought one for my browning A-bolt and also Dads Browning BLR. Follow directions on the site. My Mark II did have the larger ejection port and I did order the one for the Savage 93 model and it bolted up great. Also my rifles are left Bolts and they work equally well, no problems. Symetrical parts. If you have any other rifles that need it order it at the same time to reduce the added shipping cost.
Still only about $20 to ship it to Canada.

Using leupold QRW rings and swapping between scopes have great return to zero between rifles.

http://egw-guns.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=280

http://egw-guns.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=298

good info. i don't think they had that stuff on the website when i bought mine, it would have saved me some hassle. we'll have to remember your post for future reference

Another one for EGW. I purchased a 20 MOA. Great product and service.
Mounted a Falcoln Menace 4.5x18x56 mildot. Using it as a training gun.
Next looking for stocks.

as always the brotherhood of the hide comes through! thanks for the good intel. ordered the 20moa. i am setting this up for a good friend. thanks again!