• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Picked up a new M&P C.O.R.E.

WVshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2012
NC

Won this at a shooting competition a couple weeks ago. Seems like a pretty good gun so far. Shoots a bit high for my taste with the irons but put the RMR on it and sighted it for POA/POI at 25 yards. I wasn't sure what to think of the accuracy at first because I couldn't get it to group from a rest at 25 yards but when I shoot it offhand at 25 I get like 2" groups vs. 4 or 5" groups from the rest. Weird but I won't be shooting it from a rest at matches so it will be my new 3 gun and USPSA gun. Factory trigger sucks ass though. Definitely not the 4.5 lbs they claim from the pro series but an APEX FSS kit and trigger should fix it.

Didn't come with it. The gun came with coupons for the EoTech, C-More, and Jpoint but I opted for the Trijicon since it was in stock at my LGS for a pretty good deal and I've had good luck with Trijicon products before. I'd prefer a smaller dot but I didn't want to pay the extra cost to get the battery powered Trijicon. It will take some getting used to and I may not even use it on the pistol much but if it doesn't stay on the pistol it will go on a shotgun or offset on my AR.

Nice set up I have been waiting on the C.O.R.E.'s to become available. I just put the Apex FSS on mine and I'm pretty impressed. I didn't get the Ram so there is still not really an audible or tactile reset but with the FSS there is hardly any pre travel and it's a pretty crisp break. I hate the stock trigger safety on the M&P's and the FSS is the blade style like the Glock. It took me a while to install the FSS but I've never done any trigger work before and I got it done pretty easily just took longer than the recommend time. I don't think you will fully be able to enjoy your M&P without a better trigger. That's why I was reading this thread is because I had heard that they may improve the trigger a little bit on the C.O.R.E. and was going to ask you about it.

bzo, the gun is milled for a recessed mount from the factory. It comes with a cover plate for when you have no optic mounted so it looks normal, and 5 different mounting shim plates to allow you to mount 5 different types of optics on it. As I understand it you can mount Trijicon RMR, C-more, EoTech, J-point, Delta-point, and Doctor sights.

savage, I had read that these got the Pro Series trigger job which was supposed to be better than the standard M&P and supposedly the newest generation of M&P's have better triggers than the old ones, more like the shield. This one has neither. The trigger on my 4 year old M&P 9 was smoother and lighter than the trigger on this gun. Unfortunately my old M&P couldn't group 5 shots inside a basketball at 20 yards so I sold it once I got this one which is much more accurate.