• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Picked Up A New Toy Today..SIG 522 Combo

hilbillee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2008
Franklin, NC
Picked up a 22 LR toy today. It's the SIG 522 Classic, but the catch is that it's a barrel combo rifle. It came w/ 2 barrels. A 20 in. heavy barrel, and a standard 16 1/2 in. barrel. It came w/ the 16 1/2 barrel installed and I put the 20 in. one on, and mounted a Burris 2-7x35 scope I had. Can't wait to get to shoot it and see how it does. With the heavy barrel installed it looks similar to my SIG DMR. Here's a pic.
sig556.jpg

Re: Picked Up A New Toy Today..SIG 522 Combo

Nice combo.

I have a friend that picked up one last month. It shoots really nice. The trigger is smooth. He had a reflex red dot, but after he shot my 10/22 with a scope, he bought a small scope. I haven't shot it with the scope.

Got to shoot the SIG 522 w/ the heavy barrel today. I only had SK Standard Plus rounds w/ me, plus the fact the scope is only 2-7 power but I am pleased w/ the results. The target is 15 rds. shot at 50 yds. Not to bad for the rifle and the shooter...lol.
522target.jpg

Any leads or info to pass on regarding the heavier barrel?? Factory deal? Aftermarket?? Definitely something I'm interested in.

More Specs please...

* The barrel looks easy to change out, was it? What tools are needed?
* What's your scope and rings?

When I looked at the way the 522 is put together, it ran across my mind that it looked like barrel swaps would be easy. Also, with the quality of the receiver, it looks like a prime candidate for an aftermarket industry - Here's to hoping that comes true.

The barrel was easy to change. The wrench used to remove the barrel nut came with the rifle. Had to remove the handguards and the storage unit (Fake gas block assy.). Then the nut was removed and the barrel slipped out. New barrel was slid in and the barrel nut installed. The storage unit was reinstalled, and then the handguards. The scope is the Burris 2-7x35 Fullfield II and the rings are just Weaver Quadlock high rings.

Was the part number for the combo sets different than the regular Classic?