• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Picked up a TRG-22 today (small range report now)

PennyB

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2006
Saskatchewan Canada
Thought I would show off my newest purchase I will get a range report and stretch its legs this weekend as long as the weather stays nice

TRG22-1.jpg

Re: Picked up a TRG-22 today

Congratulations! Looks awesome and I know you will love it, I know I love mine.

that is so awesome if it is anywhere near what you said it was going to cost that is steal of the year.

in my opinion that is literally the best 308 practical setup i have seen. perfect combo of glass and rifle. you for sure will love this rifle to death.

Very nice! I got mine about a month ago and haven't shot any of my other rifles since.

You will love it.

Very nice...let's see her shoot on 4 July Weekend

I am gonna try to get it out this weekend but I have to track down some ammo first wanna try running some factory thru it before I start handloading for it

Great gun. Out of the box there is nothing better. Use it for work during the week then take it to Fclass at the weekend, just change the loads, not many guns can do this.

I've got the same and it's the best I've ever bought. Nice work!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that the one you got the deal on? Love mine, congrats. </div></div>

Seems like it. That's about as perfect a setup as you can get without going custom.

btw what mount is that? Can't quite tell from the photos.

I had no plans on picking this up it fell in my lap I was planning to maybe pick it up and possibly resell it. Then the guy showed up and opened the case let me play with it now it will not leave my grubby little hands. Was gonna wait till this weekend to take it out but had to take it out today after my Doctor's appointment. Thought maybe run a few rounds thru it just to play only had access to the close range which has steel to 500 yards. When I left I only grabbed 50 rounds of handloads I had here. Loaded my first ten round mag dumped 3 sighters down range at 100 to get it zeroed. Then shot my first 5 round group on paper this is what it turned out like.
first5trg.jpg

Sorry didn't take a caliper or anything I just snapped a quick pic and I also forgot to grab the target when I left have no idea what it measured. But I am impressed none the less.
Load was 178gr AMAX over 45.5gr Reloader 15 CCI BR2 Primers OAL length 2.800
After that group I burned thru the reat of the ammo I had on hand banging steel from 200 to 500. Still wishing I had grabbed more before I left the house.

damn impressive shooter and gun. Always nice to try out a new rifle and have it give you great results like that, especially if you got it at a good price, makes you feel like you stole it. LOL

I just about did for the price I paid for it. Not sure about a Coyote maybe one day

Bear that is the Sako three ring mount

not bad for a random handload, think what it will do when you tune the load for the rifle. its hard to let go of a trg once you own one.

Re: Picked up a TRG-22 today (small range report now)

Great set-up, and I bet you had grin from ear to ear after shooting a few groups, as that was my first impression when I got mine.
Enjoy,
SScott

Had it out to 800 yards today but really need to find some better targets anyone know who can ship a steel target to canada

Congrats on the purchase! Looks great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great choice! It's very hard to beat a TRG.
Justin </div></div>
do you guys have those folding stocks available? if so, how much are they and do they work with the stock chassis, or do you have to have the chassis you sell for the aics mags?

The KRG folding stock is not available yet but if you send Justin your email address he will put you on the waiting list.
Only reason I know is Justin added me to the wait list last night

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PennyB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is it vaporware Chiller </div></div>

No. Mike has one for T and E. They should be out later this year the last I heard.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PennyB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just about did for the price I paid for it. Not sure about a Coyote maybe one day

Bear that is the Sako three ring mount </div></div>

Does Sako have a proprietary mount/base or can you use anything on the market? Not very familiar with the Sako platform so excuse me if it's a silly question.

I don't know you, but I already hate you!
laugh.gif

I know that wideners has some basic steel plates and such.
The price seemed very reasonalbe when I last checked.

Don't know if they ship to the great white north though.

Awesome piece of kit.

Badger makes a 25 & 35 MOA and Near a 25 MOA base might make other. May be more out there so you can use anyone's rings.

I just ordered the near and am anxious for it to arrive. Great looking stick and I wouldn't expect less from a TRG. Now if only someone made some mags that I could afford.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PennyB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just about did for the price I paid for it. Not sure about a Coyote maybe one day

Bear that is the Sako three ring mount </div></div>

Does Sako have a proprietary mount/base or can you use anything on the market? Not very familiar with the Sako platform so excuse me if it's a silly question. </div></div>

what they said...but the sako three ring mount is a proprietary setup that will only work on the sako receiver. its very nice.

I have had other rifles that were capable of the same accuracy as my TRG22, but the ergonomics of the TRG22 just make it easier to shoot well. That results in better scores in "tactical" practical rifle matches. The other rifles are mechanically as accurate, but the TRG simply easier to shoot well.

As everyone else who has shot my TRG said the same thing, it would surprise me if you didn't also find it easier to shoot yours well than other rifles.

The Folding Stocks are not released yet they should be 2 or 3 months out and yes they will work on the factory chassis

hi there.

Can you please let me know where can I buy this rifle from, I went to a local gun shop and he said this TRG 22 is not available in canada and he has to order it and the price was too high then what I researched on the internet.