• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Picked up my first AR

KE5MUJ

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2009
New Waverly,TX
At a gun show today, I snagged me a new Rock River Arms A4 Carbine 5.56.

I wasnt in the market for one but the price was right. This is my first AR type rig, looking forward to plinking with it and using it for small game hunting. I hope I made a good choice.

Any tips/advice would be appreciated

Re: Picked up my first AR

it is nice tht AR's finally came back to reality. That is a good price. Have fun with it.

Here it is.
IMG00019.jpg

popped off a few rounds yesterday. I love this trigger, nice 2 stage that is fairly light and crisp.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger happy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">popped off a few rounds yesterday. I love this trigger, nice 2 stage that is fairly light and crisp. </div></div>

That RRA 2 stage match trigger is the best factory trigger out there, IMO. You can't beat $750 for that rig. Good snag.

I agree with everyone else great buy on a quality AR. Enjoy your new toy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great find/deal. Enjoy.

So, what optics are you going to play with? </div></div>

Currently all I have for it now is a Tasco WC 3-9x40 IR. Works fine for what it is and should as its a low recoil weapon. Im fixn to buy a scope for my bolt gun so this is what I am gonna have to work with for a while till funds provide.

Any tips on one? I will use this for some hunting and I like scopes, never had an EO Tech or anything of the sort. I amleary of the cheap red dots.

La Rue is your friend. Also see Bravo Company. Put an Aimpoint M3 on it and a good sling and you are ready to roll.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$750 for a new one is a damn good deal. </div></div>

esp with the NM 2stage trigger!! nice score.

RRA are good shooting rifles. you might want to get a new kind of end on that instead of the regular hand guard a RIS style one maybe..... but nice deal 750 wow.

nice! i have a rock river on lay away @ a local gunshop cant wait to get her out. dont make tons of cash so i realy like lay away! and the rock i am getting was only 925$