• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Picking up my suppressor in the AM.

parkze17

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2011
Parker, PA United States
I called my lawyer to let him know that I would need to make an adjustment to the trust by adding my can. I thought I had to place it into the Schedule A and resigning it. But he told me all I have to do is make an inventory list of items being added no need for a notary or signing. He said that the schedule A never should to be altered.
The whole thing seemed fishy to me but this guy has handled other NFA trusts. So I called a few lawyer offices and finally sound a guy who would give me advice over the phone for free. He confirmed what my lawyer said. It is not how I expected it to be and I just wanted to make sure it is right.

I am sorry if this topic has been brought up before. I just got home from work and am headed to sleep and just wanted a few people inputs.

Your NFA trust should have an amendments page that states everything "in inventory". Once you add your can, put make and serial on the page. Attach it to your trust.

Sounds good that is what they said too. I have a friend that is not doing it right then. He keeps rewriting his schedule A everytime he adds something.

Sounds good that is what they said too. I have a friend that is not doing it right then. He keeps rewriting his schedule A everytime he adds something.
It depends on how the trust is written.
If a Schedule A is mentioned in the trust, then it has to be updated and included each time for a Form 4 transfer.
The smart way is to instead write it to use Assignment pages.
Here's a few explanations from lawyers, the first one being where I received my trust from;
Schedule A or Assignment Sheet - NFA Gun Trust Lawyer Blog
To Schedule A or Not to Schedule A, That is the Question. | Texas NFA Gun Trust Attorney