• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pics out of or from your blind or stand.

Of course the elk season ended a week prior to this.
88644F26-19D3-4D23-8E6F-1FB3B169C57F.png

Sitting for Antelope. There is a patch of alkali ground they like at about 450 yards. I have taken several there. They usually come frolicking in right before dark.

It gets windy but most times it a headwind. The slats are wind multipliers so you have to dress warm. I often thank god I grew up in Maine working outside……

5CDEEEE1-9330-46A2-A639-5631B7C0E2A2.jpeg

Last edited:
Sitting for Antelope. There is a patch of alkali ground they like at about 450 yards. I have taken several there. They usually come frolicking in right before dark.

It gets windy but most times it a headwind. The slats are wind multipliers so you have to dress warm. I often thank god I grew up in Maine working outside……

View attachment 7735768
Curious,, Why do they like alkali ground??.. Thanks..

Curious,, Why do they like alkali ground??.. Thanks..
Not sure. Minerals? salt? Took a bit for me to figure out why they came to this one area with little vegetation and pawed at the ground. Then during the right conditions it turn white. 💡

I have another place nearby where I have taken three Antelope. I spot a small group on private land headed a certain direction and I know right where they are headed. I set up a ground position and they saunter in on to public land to these patches of tan colored grass that are different from everything around. I call it “sweet grass” but I am convinced there is more to it.. There is no cover at all and the shot is 400 -600+ so I have to get in position ahead of them.

Reactions: TACC
Not sure. Minerals? salt? Took a bit for me to figure out why they came to this one area with little vegetation and pawed at the ground. Then during the right conditions it turn white. 💡

I have another place nearby where I have taken three Antelope. I spot a small group on private land headed a certain direction and I know right where they are headed. I set up a ground position and they saunter in on to public land to these patches of tan colored grass that are different from everything around. I call it “sweet grass” but I am convinced there is more to it.. There is no cover at all and the shot is 400 -600+ so I have to get in position ahead👍

MS allows you 1 to be any antlered deer. So 1 of 3 or 4 in certain parts, gives you some room to have fun.
The rule I am speaking of is county specific. In other parts of Texas that buck and the one I pictured would both be legal.

MS allows you 1 to be any antlered deer. So 1 of 3 or 4 in certain parts, gives you some room to have fun.
From ms rules for our area: “A legal buck is defined as having EITHER a minimum inside spread of 10 inches OR one main beam at least 13 inches long.”
he just wouldn’t stand still for a ruler!😝
AND, you are correct - one may be take that does not meet the criteria.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SQ54 and RedTimber
From ms rules for our area: “A legal buck is defined as having EITHER a minimum inside spread of 10 inches OR one main beam at least 13 inches long.”
he just wouldn’t stand still for a ruler!😝
AND, you are correct - one may be take that does not meet the criteria.
Lol. From the regs:

"One (1) of these three (3) may
have hardened antlers that do not meet the unit legal antler requirements on
private land and Holly Springs National Forest."

Reactions: SQ54