• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Picture

super90

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2007
Livonia louisiana
I need some help fellas.I am looking for the picture of the dead animal that the hwy workers painted the line over.My search fu is off tonight.Thanks!

Re: Picture

600x39926.jpg

I guess there was one guy painting while the other 7 on the crew were distracted by sleeping or on "Break"...

Rick

I've done it about a million times when longlining!

Waste of time to do anything other than spray over it, plus we usually are going 18-20 mph while spraying.

Rarely had one on the double yellow, but its routine on foglines.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've done it about a million times when longlining!

Waste of time to do anything other than spray over it, plus we usually are going 18-20 mph while spraying.

Rarely had one on the double yellow, but its routine on foglines.</div></div>

I can see this. Why waste the time to clean it off the road first? It's going to decompose anyway...

Come to south west Pennsylvania there's one on every highway, you can take your own pictures. Or how bout they paint the lines then tar the cracks the next day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARShuter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come to south west Pennsylvania there's one on every highway, you can take your own pictures. Or how bout they paint the lines then tar the cracks the next day.</div></div>

Just drove up to Rochester from (roughly), DC this past weekend, H-berg, Scranton, Syracuse route.

What the hell is it about PA that its roads suck so bad? Is this a union worker thing that they do shitty work that breaks down year after year? I swear every section of road that was being worked on LAST year is still being worked over again THIS year. That didn't seem to be the case in upstate NY. Then again, went up to Towson today and that bridge/overpass at N. Charles Street off the beltway has been under construction for at least three years.

But PA? Man I hate driving through that state. I'd love to LIVE there, but for the roads.

Rant mode off. Thread Highjacked. Feel free to discuss.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trapshooter12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
100_1871.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is awesome.</div></div>

Kinda like a scab ...you cnat stop looking, and I cant stop laughing. I put it on Facebook
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gar2376</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've done it about a million times when longlining!

Rarely had one on the double yellow, but its routine on foglines.</div></div>

I can see this. Why waste the time to clean it off the road first? It's going to decompose anyway... </div></div>

Yup!

Plus, even if you do shovel the animal outta the way (big ones like deer)... The paint is still going to fail in that particular spot, because of the fat that has liquified from decomp.

You can paint over random roadkill, and its not a big deal...

But when you have to lay foglines down on 14 mile stretch of hwy primarily used by amish and their buggies, its a bitch! Gotta scrap all the horse shit (tons) off the side of the road!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trapshooter12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
100_1871.jpg
</div></div>

This Coyote was about a mile from my house and I had wondered if it layed there long enough if it would get painted and sure enough two weeks later.

The funny part of the story is that I have a friend that I shoot with and another of his friends is the guy that actually painted it. The painter had told him how they had accidetally painted a Coyote and that he wanted to go move it before someone posted a pic of it. My shooter friend started laughing and told him it was to late.