• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pictures from the 2012 Practical Marksman match

BookHound

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
I posted this over at the Practical Marksman site but wanted to share here as well.

I was honored and blessed to be able to participate in the 2012 PMC Match. I participated as an RO at the match and was able to not only help with a few stages but did manage to sneak in a few pictures here and there. Thought I would share some of these pictures with you good folks.

We started the day with a welcome, introductions and safety briefing lead by Bobby Keigans.
2012pmc_01Large.jpg

Hey Clark, pay attention here. This is the part where Bobby says range finders are okay to use.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

2012pmc_02Large.jpg

Jeff C. banging the pistol plate on his first stage of day one. See the yellow target back way off in the distance to the left? Then see the one through the woods past the pistol target? After shooting the pistol plate Jeff would have to engage those targets, which were unknown distance.
2012pmc_03Large.jpg

Our buddy David squeezing into the trees to gain a little support.
2012pmc_04Large.jpg

John L. on that same stage in the trees.
2012pmc_05Large.jpg

Jeff tore up the "Steel Jungle" stage with 19 out of 20 hits. That 20th hit broke just a fraction of a second after the timer. He was laughing the whole time.
2012pmc_06Large.jpg

David T. also had an awesome run on that stage. Look at the concentration. I hope to shoot that well one day.
2012pmc_07Large.jpg

Ed B. ranging some rifle plates.
2012pmc_08Large.jpg

Our good friend Brian E. placed 6th overall in part due to his outstanding positional shooting. He did great getting stable in awkward positions.
2012pmc_09Large.jpg

Here is Brian again on the "rope" stage. Shooting over a pond with the rifle supported on a rope is more than a little challenging. Very few guys hit at all on this stage.
2012pmc_10Large.jpg

Re: Pictures from the 2012 Practical Marksman match

This is one of the squads. Dustin and Patrick Morris ended up first and second place overall and Brian E. was 6th. So, lots of "win" in this group.
2012pmc_11Large.jpg

This is Jeff C. banging some far, far away rifle targets using a post for some support.
2012pmc_12Large.jpg

Jeff B. ranging some targets way off in the trees. Wind got a lot of folks on this stage. I was able to watch trace pretty well and lots of guys lost bullets in a large opening between the tree line of the shooting area and the targets. It was very hard to read wind there.
2012pmc_13Large.jpg

Jeff B. on the "rope" stage. He was one of the few guys to have hits on BOTH plates.
2012pmc_14Large.jpg

Clark on the rope...
2012pmc_15Large.jpg

2012pmc_16Large.jpg

Two good friends hanging out at the dinner after the match. Brian (on left) took home the Pierce Eng. action from the prize table. I hope he lets us turn that into something very special for him.
2012pmc_17Large.jpg

Thanks SO much to all who came out to setup, RO, donate, shoot, observe, and serve. It was such a wonderful time and I look forward to the next match.

Man that was a great match as always. Thanks to Bobby and Bill for another fun filled match. I am glad someone took some pictures since I didn't get any. Thanks for posting them and I can't wait to get back down there next year. Team Bushnell was after another win here but 3rd wasn't bad with all the great shooters at this match.

Clark K
TEAM BUSHNELL TACTICAL

Outstanding match! There was very little down time and plenty of shooting. The stages were well thought out & quite challenging. Looking forward to it again next year.

Thanks for the pictures! I think this match was the best PMC yet, it was good seeing some old friends again and meeting some new ones.