• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Pig Saddle vs Hog Saddle

Sig33

Private
Minuteman
Oct 4, 2012
Southern Cal
I searched this and couldn't find any decisive results. My question is this: is the Hog saddle any more stable or accurate than the Pig saddle. I am familiar with the manufacturing differences of the two but have had trouble finding topics covering the performance differences between the two.

Does anyone have both that can say that the Hog saddle is significantly more stable than the (far) less expensive Pig saddle? I have read the review of both on the precisionrifleblog.com where the Hog saddle was said to be better of the two, but that was under "extreme" torquing of the rifle. I am more interested in the performance under more normal circumstances.

Thanks

I have used both, last year I picked a PIG off the prize table, I can't see spending the difference, use the money saved to buy a Manfrotto

I have to agree, I've got the pig saddle on a manfrotto, I would say as for stability its going to depend on the tripod its sitting on top of.

Outstanding, this is the kind of information I was looking for. Thanks guys.

Anyone else got first hand experience?

Which tripod do you guys use? The 055 or the 190? What's the difference?

Had both.
Just use Hog now. Hog is much more rigid. On a good pod it's rock solid. The pig used to move round a tad. If you can spend the $ on the hog plus a decent pod you won't regret it.
It's like all quality gear. You get what you pay for. Don't get me wrong the pig was great just simply not as good and that's reflected in the price difference.
I am a weight freak too though and the Hog is 30% lighter.

Check this thread out it covers both side by side.
Shooting Rest: HOG Saddle & PIG Saddle Review | PrecisionRifleBlog.com

hope this helps.