• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PIG0311-G Field Tripod

Just got mine today. Seems to be a pretty beefy unit. I'm excited to get it in the field!

Quick question-- Is the large center column locking collar supposed to be able to lock the center column in a perfect no-budge manner or can that only be achieved with the center colum "set screw?" Reason I ask is I cannot get a perfect lock with the easier to access collar and just wanted to be sure this was as designed.

Just got mine today. Seems to be a pretty beefy unit. I'm excited to get it in the field!

Quick question-- Is the large center column locking collar supposed to be able to lock the center column in a perfect no-budge manner or can that only be achieved with the center colum "set screw?" Reason I ask is I cannot get a perfect lock with the easier to access collar and just wanted to be sure this was as designed.

Yes, you will need to use the (black knob) set screw to lock down the center column. Especially if you are using a ball or panning head, you will want that black knob tightened down.

Damn I ordered one right before lunch, hope I squeezed it in in time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine today. Put the RRS universal head on it and it seems to be a really solid fit. I'll have to get out and shoot on it in the next few days but so far I'm very impressed!
6e831cb81a0f3a184b3f310488c08647.jpg
8bf1a21afdb6dc88db5e2243b741717a.jpg

We blew through the last tripod batch pretty quick. Next run will be ready late October. This run will be larger to keep things in-stock for Christmas.
Appreciate the feedback and support.

I recently got this tripod and the universal RRS leveling base, which clamps onto my MPA chassis. The setup works great, the only thing I have trouble with is keeping the leveling base from starting to come unscrewed when I have it locked up really tight and then try to unlock it. I used some blue loctite, but that's not getting it done. The center column head is too small to use the set screw on the RRS unit. Any suggestions?

I recently got this tripod and the universal RRS leveling base, which clamps onto my MPA chassis. The setup works great, the only thing I have trouble with is keeping the leveling base from starting to come unscrewed when I have it locked up really tight and then try to unlock it. I used some blue loctite, but that's not getting it done. The center column head is too small to use the set screw on the RRS unit. Any suggestions?

Which RRS mount did you get? I got the RRS universal clamp and it works great. it screws on just fine but you have to tighten down the black screw knob on the center colum to keep it from slipping. it will still turn if you put a ton of force on it but it tightens down good.

Which RRS mount did you get? I got the RRS universal clamp and it works great. it screws on just fine but you have to tighten down the black screw knob on the center colum to keep it from slipping. it will still turn if you put a ton of force on it but it tightens down good.

Yeah I got the same setup. It's sweet, the only problem is that the leveling base starts to come unscrewed from the center column stud when I look the leveling base really tight and then try to unlock it. Instead of the leveling base unlocking, the leveling base starts to come off the center column stud. The set screw on the RRS base is too far out to contact the center column, and blue loctite didn't do it. I'm considering tapping the center column for set screws but that's a pain and requires tools I don't have on hand. Probably will have to end up doing that anyway but seeing if anyone knows of a more elegant solution.

I ordered one of these a week or so ago and have been using it. I also have a Monfrotto 055CXPRO3. It is as good or better as this tripod at a fraction of what I paid for it from what I messed with it.

I have a Hog saddle on my Monfrotto and a Pig Saddle on the Pig tripod.

I am just getting back into PR's and the Tripod is a whole new thing to me. I have been playing with them at the house and on the range. I have managed to put some good scratches in the Pig tripod from spreading it out as much as I could with the legs extended. Slight mess-up on my side because it would have worked better to collapse the legs then lay it out.

My 12 yr old gives it the thumb of approval, used the Pig0311 and Hog saddle combo to shoot her first antelope at 200 yds. Video link below

Ordered mine. Now I'll be checking my email 15x a day for a shipping notification.

Seeing as they are out of stock until late October. Is there anywhere else that sells them? After seeing all the features and price this is the tripod I'd like to start out with.

It is their product, so if they don't have any after a hugely successful initial offering intro, I doubt that they have had time to or extra inventory to send out to dealers. I could be wrong and would take advantage of any in stock dealer that does have it. So ya' know....

It is their product, so if they don't have any after a hugely successful initial offering intro, I doubt that they have had time to or extra inventory to send out to dealers. I could be wrong and would take advantage of any in stock dealer that does have it. So ya' know....

I've got the same thought on your first point. I'm not sure if they do outside dealers that might have it in stock. If they do I'll buy one. If not, guess I'll wait

Forgive my ignorance as I am new to the tripod scene. This seems like a very popular option, and with the hog/ pig saddle, will be versatile enough that I can use it with my AIAT or while hunting with my 270. I do have a few questions that I think are more about basic operation of the direct mount system vs. with a ball head. With direct mount how do you get the vertical adjustment? It seems there is a threaded collar that you loosen and that will give you side to side adjustment. Do you have to loosen the jaws of the pig saddle, lift the rifle to desired angle, then re clamp? I am not finding a very good video that shows this combo.

Edit: I just found the answer in post #40 on page 2. In short yes. Threaded collar for lateral adjustment, hog saddle clamp for vertical.

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance as I am new to the tripod scene. This seems like a very popular option, and with the hog/ pig saddle, will be versatile enough that I can use it with my AIAT or while hunting with my 270. I do have a few questions that I think are more about basic operation of the direct mount system vs. with a ball head. With direct mount how do you get the vertical adjustment? It seems there is a threaded collar that you loosen and that will give you side to side adjustment. Do you have to loosen the jaws of the pig saddle, lift the rifle to desired angle, then re clamp? I am not finding a very good video that shows this combo.

Edit: I just found the answer in post #40 on page 2. In short yes. Threaded collar for lateral adjustment, hog saddle clamp for vertical.

I'm in the same boat as you digging for information. Check this video out. They explain some of it.

https://youtu.be/Lm0VbtNZ2Vg

I cannot say enough good things about these guys! I called in with a flurry of newbie questions and they patiently and thoroughly answered every question in great detail. Ordered the PRST tripod/ hog saddle/ and D52 combo. Looking forward to it.

^ Was about to ask the same thing. Hoping to have my hands on it by the end of next week.

Why? They said end of October and they are a solid company. You need to just take a breath and focus on something else. When they show up, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Just because they'd been so quick to respond to other questions throughout the thread, leading me to believe there's an issue of some sort.

Just because they'd been so quick to respond to other questions throughout the thread, leading me to believe there's an issue of some sort.

Get a life man. They’ve already said it’s as simple as getting another boat load of them in from China. That’s why they’re so cheap. Want one right now? Go pay a premium and get it on the way. Do you honestly think there’s anything they can do that would make a few internet crybabies feel better?

Get a life man. They’ve already said it’s as simple as getting another boat load of them in from China. That’s why they’re so cheap. Want one right now? Go pay a premium and get it on the way. Do you honestly think there’s anything they can do that would make a few internet crybabies feel better?

And they said that boat would be in at the end of October. It's the 27th. All I'm asking for is an update as to when I'll receive the items I paid $300 for. If that offends you so deeply I'd suggest you simply read a different thread.

​​

Rest assure, when the last batch was back ordered they the tripods shipped immediately. I know patience is a virtue and I’m sure once you get it, for the price point the wait will have been worth it.

i notice the website now says (3 weeks - Filling backorders currently) not sure if that means all the ones that have came in have shipped or what, i haven't gotten any sort of notification of mine shipping though.

Here is an update on the tripods. The batch was smaller than anticipated. Back-orders are being filled up to October 19th. You should be getting tracking emails by Friday. Orders are shipping out in the order they were received.
The remaining orders will be filled in the following three weeks. Apologies for the delay. There were a few things out of our control that created some delays.

Our parts for this specific tripod are being made in Japan & Thailand. Logistics is sometimes a balancing act.
The good news is that these are just slight timeline adjustments. Everything is good to go regarding manufacturing process & supply.

I ordered mine the 19th, didn’t get a ship notification I must have just missed the cut off.

Any idea on when the next batch will ne ready? On the fence about ordering with the items on backorder 3 weeks