• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PIGlite-CF4 Carbon Fiber Tripod

I have one paired with an rrs anvil. Works well, but at times the head coming unscrewed drives me nuts. I plan on upgrading to an rrs next year if funds allow to see what that’s all about.

With the anvil head, it’s running in under 4.5lbs. This will be carried a lot the next month on two rifle hunts. It’s worked great all summer for shooting.

Don’t have too much field use on it quite yet but so far I’m enjoying it from some range and steel shooting outings. Upgraded to it when I found that my slik lightweight 624 just wasn’t going to support a rifle how I wanted it to.

Thanks for the info @Lawnboi , Recently been finding myself in confined places. Normally it’s in a seated Indian style position and find my tripod with rrs Anvil a bit too tall to shoulder the rifle in it’s shortest configuration with out widening the base to the next wider level, which isn’t an option anyways due to limited space. I think I just need a shorter Tripod at this point. I wish I could try these things out before dropping the coin.

Anyone use the piglite after using a PIG0311G? Any perceived difference in stability? Looking at one to shoot off of with a direct mount HOG Saddle.

I have the pig lite. I like it but should have waited to swing a Leo or rrs tripod with the bowl style top with the thicker diameter legs. offers better grip and positional oppurtinites when using it as a mobile rear rest.

the pig lite works good but didnt realize how short it is until it got here and had to get an extension post to bring my binos up to eye level and im only 5'9".

I didnt take the extended hieght measurements seriously when I was shopping. but its a good hieght to shoot off of which I have done. the ball socket mount I went with is cheap but works. im going to keep this one as a backup/spotting scope tripod and over the off season im going to upgrade to a Leo with the collar lock legs instead of clamps and a bowl style mount, im also upgrading my binos too this winter.

stability is fine but you can feel the different between the skinnier legs on the pig lite vs a larger frame tripod with the larger diameter legs

I’ve got a piglite on the way. Going to do a direct mount with the hog saddle. Currently have a Slik CF Pro 824 Tripod with a Manfrotto RC2 pistol grip... Wanted a light weight tripod to direct mount and use hunting... we shall see how it works out. I like the turn level locks on the Slik but have had to replace the plastic anti rotation shims a few times now...

I have the pig lite. I like it but should have waited to swing a Leo or rrs tripod with the bowl style top with the thicker diameter legs. offers better grip and positional oppurtinites when using it as a mobile rear rest.

the pig lite works good but didnt realize how short it is until it got here and had to get an extension post to bring my binos up to eye level and im only 5'9".

I didnt take the extended hieght measurements seriously when I was shopping. but its a good hieght to shoot off of which I have done. the ball socket mount I went with is cheap but works. im going to keep this one as a backup/spotting scope tripod and over the off season im going to upgrade to a Leo with the collar lock legs instead of clamps and a bowl style mount, im also upgrading my binos too this winter.

stability is fine but you can feel the different between the skinnier legs on the pig lite vs a larger frame tripod with the larger diameter legs
I’m trying to determine if it’s more stable than the aluminum PIG tripod. I’ve used one for a couple of years. It’s too big and heavy to pack around on a hunt. The piglite would only be for shooting at matches and practice and I’m only 5’6”; on hunts it would serve double duty. Wouldn’t really need more height for glassing on a hunt since I usually do that in a seated position. I have a cheap manfrotto that I use solely for spotting at matches.

At this point I’m about to say fuck it and just pony up for the RRS TFC-24L with anvil 30.

Anyone have further thoughts/updates on the piglite CF4?

I'm also looking to upgrade my standard pig 0311 tripod. Use is purely for hunting (deer/varmint stands) and steel shooting across farm fields. I hike a lot and would be nice to fit into my pack vs carrying the heavier pig 0311. No complaints on the stability of the regular pig0311. Just a little too heavy and long.

I'm also looking to upgrade my standard pig 0311 tripod. Use is purely for hunting (deer/varmint stands) and steel shooting across farm fields. I hike a lot and would be nice to fit into my pack vs carrying the heavier pig 0311. No complaints on the stability of the regular pig0311. Just a little too heavy and long.
Stability is about the same.

edit to add that I’ve owned both

Last edited:

I’ve got a piglite with a hog saddle mounted direct. I’ve also got a Slik 824 CF Pro. I like the twist locks on the slik more than the clamps on the piglite. Both are comparable in weight. I favor the SLIK and have thought about selling the piglite. It’s not a bad tripod but there are features I’d change.

Reactions: YotaEer
Has anyone directly mounted and RRS Anvil 30 to a PigLite CF tripod? Total tripod shooting noobie here, so you can make some fun of me. I normally shoot from a pack or rest, or whatever I need to get the shot. Thought I would try shooting from a tripod. I was going to go with the Hog Saddle, PigLite CF Tripod, and their GNN XB-52 Ball head. This ball head is $329 and for $350 I can get the RRS Anvil 30. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Not trying to derail the thread.

Cheers!!!

I have one paired with an rrs anvil. Works well, but at times the head coming unscrewed drives me nuts. I plan on upgrading to an rrs next year if funds allow to see what that’s all about.

With the anvil head, it’s running in under 4.5lbs. This will be carried a lot the next month on two rifle hunts. It’s worked great all summer for shooting.

Don’t have too much field use on it quite yet but so far I’m enjoying it from some range and steel shooting outings. Upgraded to it when I found that my slik lightweight 624 just wasn’t going to support a rifle how I wanted it to.
No way to mitigate the head coming unscrewed? The reason I ask is because I am planning on going this route, RRS Anvil 30 on top of the PigLite CF tripod. :)

No way to mitigate the head coming unscrewed? The reason I ask is because I am planning on going this route, RRS Anvil 30 on top of the PigLite CF tripod. :)
I just slapped on a bunch of loctite. The head is on an rrs tripod now, it was Worth the investment

Last edited:
I have the short regular metal tripod. I love it the way I can get it low for stationary hunting for hunting ridge lines in search below for javelina, especially since the cover is usually low. I also use it for my spotter and rangefinder. For the price, I have no complaints. I also use an old East German Carl Zeiss Asiola spotter and it weighs a ton, and it hasn’t dumped it yet.

Good
I am just going to go FULL RRS, LOL!!! Now, the question is 3 section of

Good choice. I ended up with an ascend since my main tripod use is hunting. Even though it’s much lighter it’s way more steady. I’d let your application dictate, if you’re carrying around the tripod a lot in or on a pack I’d definitely netly go 4 section

Reactions: GiborChayil