• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Pike's Peak Semi-Race

Gildoom

Alex Rogan Starshipgunner
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
This guy is nuts, but a cool kind of nuts.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ouzOKAsMIZ8&feature=g-all-lik"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ouzOKAsMIZ8&feature=g-all-lik" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Pike's Peak Semi-Race

Awesome race, we used to sit up at the Devil's Playground and watch it every year. Good times...

Silly question, but what band and song was playing in the background of that video?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powereng</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Silly question, but what band and song was playing in the background of that video? </div></div>

You are joking right? Outlaws- Green Grass and High Tides

Awesome video. Thanks for posting. Need to go watch next year.

He could be considered a bit crazy, but he's a hell of a driver and a really nice guy. He's also the stuntman that drove the truck off the bridge overpass in Terminator 2.

I got to work with Mike several years ago building him some tires for his truck to use at Pikes Peak. We put a really sticky racing tread compound on those tires and during the tire production process, the tread rubber was sticking to every piece of equipment the tire came into contact with, it was a bit crazy getting those tires made. Another racing team in another series had been shearing their drive shafts because they weren't getting the same wheel spin, needless to say Mike never had that problem with all that torque.
I made it out to Pikes Peak for the race in 2004 and the video doesn't do that truck the tire scorching justice it deserves. It isn't often that you get to work on something so cool for work.

Raw power right there... Gottta love that. What surprised me was how quiet that rig seemed (at least in the vid). We all know what a straight piped semi sounds like
laugh.gif

I'd like to sit in the passengers seat for one of those runs.