• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pilots walk

I somehow dont see Air Force pilots, "walking off" the job.

Just my .02 worth

Doc

Reactions: diverdon
Pilots don't ground ac, mechanics do. Then pilots bitch about it.

I have been aware of pilots wanting an aircraft grounded at times.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Pilots don't ground ac, mechanics do. Then pilots bitch about it.

I have been aware of pilots wanting an aircraft grounded at times.

A pilot most certainly can ground an aircraft, LOL. If a major issue is found on pre-flight and you log it in the squawk book, that’s a record of an MX issue. If it’s related to federally required equipment or an MMEL/MEL and can’t simply be placarded as INOP, the aircraft is essentially grounded until repaired. Also per FAR 91.3, if none of the pilots at an operation will fly an aircraft because it requires maintenance, it doesn’t matter what the A&P says, that aircraft ain’t going anywhere without a pilot. 🤣

The discussion was not about civillian ac.
It was of military and predominantly USAF fighter jets.

I have over three and a half decades of USAF fighter jet experience so I don't think you want to engage as they say in pilot gibberish.

The deal is aircrew should never find a defect on preflight, means some people screwed up bad.

Reactions: Schroedernd
Hey I'll make it easier on you try and name a USAF fighter jet I have not worked on newer than F86 saber or F105 starfighter.

Edit: I was offered work on the F-105's but declined so I could go to Europe.

Last edited:
The discussion was not about civillian ac.
It was of military and predominantly USAF fighter jets.

Maybe the article in the OP was. But your comment simply stated “pilots.” You did not differentiate between .mil/civilian. As such, my comment stands as accurate info given the use of the broad term of “pilots” and not “military pilots.”

Can anyone verify this.

Literally the title in the story says USAF Pilots.

Only two scenarios I have ever seen in person that a jock didn't want to go up was when they were so drunk hitting 100% oxygen in the crew station didn't help.
And when supposed to return to home station from an exotic place.

They would take off with sub par shit if you would let them. USAF Fighter pilot red x a plane, don't hold your breath.

The few civillian pilots I worked with at a lear jet / Mitsubishi fbo didn't want to set on the ground iether.

You go ahead and red x some overtime up for matinence if that's your thing.

Hey I'll make it easier on you try and name a USAF fighter jet I have not worked on newer than F86 saber or F105 starfighter.

Edit: I was offered work on the F-105's but declined so I could go to Europe.
F104 = Starfighter, F105 = Thud… No…?

Literally the title in the story says USAF Pilots.

Yep, sure does. However, I already covered that issue “as per my last reply.” 🤣 This is not a forum specific to .mil pilots/AC. Thus “pilots” could mean either, and since you failed to specify in your post…Anyway, I’m moving on. Have fun!

Ya you got me, it's been a very long time. I never worked on them.
The German pilots wanted me to.

I hung out with them and they taught me to snow ski.

Their mechanics didn't like the Martin Baker seats and were scared of them. I worked on those seats every nite all nite for a couple of years. Not a single problem .

The starfighters looked cool with all the afterburners lit up end of runway at nite.

Reactions: plong
Yep, sure does. However, I already covered that issue “as per my last reply.” 🤣 This is not a forum specific to .mil pilots/AC. Thus “pilots” could mean either, and since you failed to specify in your post…Anyway, I’m moving on. Have fun!
Ok by.
Plong is more fun to talk to anyway. He caught me in a screw up, im tired.

Think I will just leave my mistake up there. I may not have ever seen 105's in person, maybe on a pedestal at Nellis?

Ya you got me, it's been a very long time. I never worked on them.
The German pilots wanted me to.

I hung out with them and they taught me to snow ski.

Their mechanics didn't like the Martin Baker seats and were scared of them. I worked on those seats every nite all nite for a couple of years. Not a single problem .

The starfighters looked cool with all the afterburners lit up end of runway at nite.
What were you working on at that time, F4s…?

I don’t know if you know but my father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate told me that the SECDEF only texts in emojis.

The dude is spreading bullshit. SECDEF didn’t text the entire DOD and put a 10am mandate. No massive text blast went out. This guy’s dad probably heard from someone that his first sergeant texted saying it must be scheduled by 10am or they’ll be kicked out by 5pm.

Once you realize that part is bullshit, you can’t expect the rest to be true.

Reactions: OldSalty2
Maybe the article in the OP was. But your comment simply stated “pilots.” You did not differentiate between .mil/civilian. As such, my comment stands as accurate info given the use of the broad term of “pilots” and not “military pilots.”
You must be the life of the party

Just asked a USAF Instructor pilot:
“Pilots are leaving because airlines are offering $80-100K first year and $160k after that. There might be one who leaves because of the vaccine but they’re likely heading to the airlines also.”

Reactions: Basher
Just asked a USAF Instructor pilot:
“Pilots are leaving because airlines are offering $80-100K first year and $160k after that. There might be one who leaves because of the vaccine but they’re likely heading to the airlines also.”
This is also a lie

Aren't a large number of commercial pilots furloughed right now?

*Were.

Massive hiring/sign-on bonuses are surfacing again, like the one here (note the published date) for Envoy, feeding into American Airlines. If you’re a pilot anyone wants in the cockpit, chances are good you’ve either been called back already, or will be soon.

60DC4551-D932-4943-999E-98A3C5F15822.jpeg

Reactions: NoDopes