• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pimped out 10/22

bigrich20

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2009
Tactical Solution xring
NF 2.5-10x32
Mark 4 rings
Trigger work by Volquartsen
Atlas qd bipod
Custom made 550 cord sling
I have my gemtech sandstorm on it

[img:center]
IMG_0091.jpg
[/img]

Re: Pimped out 22

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snowtop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle, how does it shoot. </div></div>

It shoots good!!!

video with the 30 cal can and subsonics
waiting on my tax stamp to come in on an aac prodigy
target 100 yards away

[img:center][/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snowtop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice was the last shoot ftf or were you out.</div></div>

Clip was empty just showing how loud the firing pin is

Thanks, that is why you need to get out of that state!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigrich20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, that is why you need to get out of that state!!!</div></div>

Agreed, California is a lost cause. Get out of the state while you can still have what little you are currently allowed.

Oh yeah has a good selection of colors to choose from too!!

I Will have to admit it is hard to quit shooting it!!!

Re: Pimped out 10/22

That's the most pimptastic .22 I've ever seen! That thing is blingin' man! Good job! hahaha!

I ordered a hammer and sear from Volquartsen and it was suppose to drop it down to a 2 1/4-2 1/2 trigger pull. Well it dropped it that much but it was still about 4 1/2 pounds. It was like 6.7 from the factory. So i contacted Scott Volquartsen and he had me send him the trigger group and the worked on it and got it down to 2.13. Scott told me that dew to ruger going to a plastic trigger group they sometime run into this. He didn't charge me any extra for them to do the work other then shipping it to him. He even paid for return shipping. I contacted tac sol about trigger and they told me that they dont have plans of making there own trigger group at this time, and that the volquartsen tg2000 trigger group would prolly not work with there receiver. That is what i wanted so i could get away from the plastic. Since then I have tried the tg2000 and it lined up perfectly.

You are right though the trigger does suck!!!!!!!! That is the downfall to tac sol 10/22

The absolute BEST trigger for a 10/22 is the KIDD trigger. I have the 6oz 2-stage and it's NUTS. Of course the slightly new trigger geometry makes it a bit more difficult for the action to reset, but since the tacsol now has a ramped bolt, that shouldn't be much of an issue.

(I have yet to try the KIDD in my tacsol though.)

6 OZ's now that is light!!!! Never heard of KIDD trigger. I will have to check it out.
I dont understand why tac sol will not make there own trigger group. It really makes you not want to buy one b/c of the trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Living Large</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How I roll.

GreatEscape.jpg
</div></div>

Nice! McMillan STC is a great stock.

Here's my moneypit. (Well one of them)

10-22.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Living Large</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How I roll.

GreatEscape.jpg
</div></div>

Scope is off center there..."living"...or is it..."large"???

Nice!!! Very nice! I was wanting to keep it kinda light weight except for rings and scope but seeing these two makes me want a mcmillian stock!!

The Volquartsen Triggers are generally very unsafe triggers right off the bat so send it in to get positive sear Engagement, you can still have a really light pull so if your gunsmiths not a hack he should be able to smack the gun on the floor and have it not fire but still have a clean crisp 2 or 2 1/2 lb trigger pull. Mine felt a lot more "squishy" before I corrected it.

I sent my metal factory trigger group out to a guy named swampfox on rimfirecentral. He did a great job and it was only about $60. I also had him install a rimfire technologies mag release and trigger. Its now a creep and overtravel free, crisp 2.25 lbs. Best mod I made to my 10/22 target. Its a tank @ 12 lbs.

IMAG0125.jpg

What NF do you have? Also I love that stock color do you know the % the black is and the % the green or yellow kinda hard to tell in pic? Also do you know how heavy your gun is?

NXS 5.5-22x50 with NPR-2 old school MOA knobs, just 10moa per turn. Really it's just borrowed from another build that hasn't really been finalized and I will probably get a Vortex PST for it. One thing these NXS' don't do super well is focus well at shorter distances on high mag. (I think that's what the benchrest line is really suited towards.)

I have no idea on the percentages. I bought the stock secondhand. I even thought about painting it! But I think it's grown on me.

Also, the trigger pack is the KIDD.

Well it is an awesome looking 22!!! I do like the way the stock looks. I might have to get me a mcmillan stock. I got one on order right now for a 308 build!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Firefox_alpha2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Up until today, I had never seen a NF scope on a 22. Very nice! </div></div>

Same here!!!

Geez, here I was thinking I was putting a ton of money into a 10/22! I'm figuring about $400 worth of barrel, scope, and stock. But I figured it would be worth it since it is for my first child(which he isn't due for another 3 weeks...and its his very first Christmas present)

There is some really nice 22's out there!! I got an awesome deal on my nf that I put on mine!! If it wasn't for that I prolly won't have one on it!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BravoSector1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Replace that stock...and watch groupies become singles! </div></div>
Been kicking the idea around, and I decided to get me a stock!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You owe it to yourself to check out Tony Kidd's stuff...

www.coolguyguns.com

</div></div>
I will take a look at it!