• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

pinned gas block

deltanine

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2011
long island,ny
hate to ask a stupid question-but here i go...if a gas block(on a noveske 18" barrrel) is 'pinned',does that mean it cant come off?or can the pin be tapped out?

Re: pinned gas block

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deltanine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hate to ask a stupid question-but here i go...if a gas block(on a noveske 18" barrrel) is 'pinned',does that mean it cant come off?or can the pin be tapped out? </div></div>

It can be tapped out.

hate to ask a stupid question-but here i go...if a gas block(on a noveske 18" barrrel) is 'pinned',does that mean it cant come off?or can the pin be tapped out?

I wanted to piggy back on this dumb question with one of my own....... I have built several AR large and small frame but never with a Noveske pinned gas block. Looking at this barrel below, can someone explain this process of installing this to me. Am I just driving out gas block pins, installing barrel as normal, then putting tube on gas black and pinning back once installed? Thank for help guys.

This is my chosen barrel Noveske Recon Match Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Medium Contour 1 7

I wanted to piggy back on this dumb question with one of my own....... I have built several AR large and small frame but never with a Noveske pinned gas block. Looking at this barrel below, can someone explain this process of installing this to me. Am I just driving out gas block pins, installing barrel as normal, then putting tube on gas black and pinning back once installed? Thank for help guys.

This is my chosen barrel Noveske Recon Match Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Medium Contour 1 7

Yep, that will work.