• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pint sized GC. Waxed or sticky?

Waxed. I’ve read that the sticky picks up range detritus. I’ve used the waxed and it was nice, though I don’t own one. Never handled the sticky.

Reactions: deersniper
Have a waxed. Seems robust. Gets thrown around the farm in wet grass, gravel, dirt, and rusting metal structures. Seems to hold up well. Doesn't have stuff stick to it.

No experience with the sticky

I just picked up a waxed tater tot with the sticky. Seems to be best of both worlds

the otter grease will give you the stickiness you're looking for and will also help your bag last longer

I have both, and I prefer the waxed canvas. The sticky is good, it doesn't pick up dust and grime any more than cloth does. It's like some kind of conveyor belt material with a million tiny fingers. If in your shooting world you constantly have to position on some slick sloped object maybe you need it. Canvas is very durable and holds in most all situations.

waxed, canvas, pint sized, with shmedium fill by request!
Shmedium still my favorite all around, with about 70% of fill from the way it ships...

I started with the older pint sized waxed with the leather strap and coarse sand, and it could do it all.
Shoot a match and handle/borrow them all and then choose, or just buy one, you'll probably get the other in time anyway :ROFLMAO:
Thing is, they all eventually tear, rip, or breakdown, so you should keep a backup in the truck anyway... consumables.

Sticky.

It's sticky using gecko feet tech, not adhesive. Any dirt can be easy washed off in a sink, just don't soak it. Run water over and wipe dirt and debris off. Continue on all sides moving quickly. The material is a bit hydrophobic to begin with so it doesn't want to sponge up water. Which makes sense since it's used outdoors almost exclusively.

Also, not all sides use the 'sticky' material.

Throwing this out there again, Weibad has the mini fortune cookie and the tater tot in a waved canvas with the sticky also. Seems like exactly what you want

I give up, what is otter grease?

1631176898347.png

Can't comment on a sticky pint sized gc, but I recently swapped over to using a waxed canvas heavy fill pint sized gc. I feel like it's a really good do everything support bag.

I was faced with this dilemma myself recently ... and took a gamble on the Sticky.

Initial impressions are that the sticky surfaces are ... kinda weird. Feels like some kind of industrial condom, and I feel oddly compromised every time I touch it.

I'm not convinced about the robustness, but if the post earlier is true about it being used in industrial applications, I'm happy for time to prove me wrong.

One thing, though - in testing on various surfaces around the place, it does seem to hold the rifle in place as if by some Rainbow Unicorn 🦄 / Twilight Zone 👽 magick.

However, after listening to Precision Shooter's excellent podcast with Chris Way, I think I'm going to have to order a Waxed Canvas and do my own research ...

I'm not convinced about the robustness, but if the post earlier is true about it being used in industrial applications, I'm happy for time to prove me wrong.
I haven't given mine extensive use by any means and the seam between canvas and sticky is kind of separating in the "V". No fill is leaking and I'm not saying it's falling apart the sticky doesn't seem to hold stitches in the high stress spots . The grip is exceptional, maybe too good, probably just personal preference. I don't regret buying it but I just prefer a heavy canvas only bag.

I was faced with this dilemma myself recently ... and took a gamble on the Sticky.

Initial impressions are that the sticky surfaces are ... kinda weird. Feels like some kind of industrial condom, and I feel oddly compromised every time I touch it.

One thing, though - in testing on various surfaces around the place, it does seem to hold the rifle in place as if by some Rainbow Unicorn 🦄 / Twilight Zone 👽 magick.

However, after listening to Precision Shooter's excellent podcast with Chris Way, I think I'm going to have to order a Waxed Canvas and do my own research ...

Shot with this guy earlier this year at a local .22lr PRS match. He had literally built his Vudoo that morning and sighted it in before the match.

Probably meant this:
Yup this stuff. I got the bar of otter wax. Heated the bag up with the wife's hair dryer, rubbed the bar on it. Massaged the wax into the bag then let it sit out in the sun for a while.

Wife was a little confused when I called from the bathroom to "help me otter wax my bag"

Reactions: giumau1
Shot with this guy earlier this year at a local .22lr PRS match. He had literally built his Vudoo that morning and sighted it in before the match.
Just to clarify for everyone ... pretty sure Jefe's reference to 'this guy' is Chris Way ... that's the kinda shit he could pull off.

I'm just some guy sitting in a semi-dark room wondering whether my Sticky Game Changer is secretly trying to convert me to a 6GT shooter ... 🌈 🐯

Now, back to your regular programming ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I recently ordered a pint sized sticky and a waxed schmedium... Based on dry fire around the house, I think I'm going to prefer the pint size over the schmedium and the sticky over the waxed canvas.

The pint sized is still large enough to make a stable platform, and I like how solid the rifle feels once it's on the sticky material.

But I seem to be in the minority on this one.

My concern is the forend on something that sticky might negatively impact recoil mgmt.

Reactions: Holliday
Just to clarify for everyone ... pretty sure Jefe's reference to 'this guy' is Chris Way ... that's the kinda shit he could pull off.

I'm just some guy sitting in a semi-dark room wondering whether my Sticky Game Changer is secretly trying to convert me to a 6GT shooter ... 🌈 🐯

Now, back to your regular programming ...
It is. And I had no clue who he was in regards to the shooting world. He showed up with another shooter I do know.

If you're square behind the rifle, and have solidly 'built the bridge', then should that matter?...
concern is if the shooting surface is too slippery or
too grabby, you won't get that nice neutral recoil...

how valid this concern is TBD

I have a waxed canvas pint sized game changer and a sticky bag from Armageddon Gear both are great, but after a couple years of using both I'll tell you, you can always re-wax canvas, but you can't resticky sticky.

I'll go against the grain and say sticky, more durable. The waxed canvas breaks in and then breaks down and doesn't hold it's shape at all.

Have both, I carry the sticky version.

I use a heavy fill pint sized waxed for matches and a lite filled sticky for hunting. Need to try a waxed schmedium though.

Some great points.

Having owned just way too many bags and always seeming to get the newest thing to test -

I will eco that the schedium canvas, heavy fill is about the very best front support bag out. I like my pint canvas, but the schedium is slightly more stable in almost all situations.

I really wanted to like the sticky, forgetting about how it picks up dirt or whatever, the real issue is that it always adds a bit of bounce in the recoil cycle. I then added the lite fill for hunting in the sticky, but the weight just wasn't worth it as my RRS tripod or pack covers about every situation for Western hunting.

For me, if I can only have one bag it is simply a well-used schedium heavy fill.