• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pistol brace rule UNCONSTITUTIONAL

That doesn't make it constitutional. And it's not.
It actually does to an extent. Laws have to go through Congress. Suppressors are accessories. Congress made a law about accessories. It passes every test.

It actually does to an extent. Laws have to go through Congress. Suppressors are accessories. Congress made a law about accessories. It passes every test.
Except recent SC rulings say it isn't and they should be covered under the 2A.
Accessories are covered by 2A.
They aren't dangerous and unusual.
You can tax a constitutional right.
It fails many tests.

Reactions: TACC and Doc68
Except recent SC rulings say it isn't and they should be covered under the 2A.
Accessories are covered by 2A.
They aren't dangerous and unusual.
You can tax a constitutional right.
It fails many tests.
Please, enlighten me with your findings. Everything I find relates to the 10th Circuit which hasn't been ruled on as far as I can find.

I think you are correct on an explicit accessory ruling. I've been listening to too many reviews of these cases and got them swapped.

Another interesting take on it is that a district court can't make rulings outside of it's jurisdiction. So that's a moot point as well.

However, I stand by my original assertion that the brace is not a firearm, but an accessory. Thus making it outside of the BATFEs scope.
So if a district court tells Rare Breed that it is enjoined from selling forced reset triggers, are you saying that Rare Breed can sell them nationwide except for that one district, with no repercussions from that federal judge? Interesting, but that is not how it works.

Same goes for a judge enjoining the ATF. They are enjoined until they can get a ruling otherwise.

The 5th Circuit, where this court is, has warned district courts against nationwide injunctions in most cases. We'll see soon how the 5th Circuit sees this one. I bet the .gov has already asked the 5th to stay the judge's ruling (although I have not checked to see whether that has happened).

Britto v. ATF

I know someone who pulled his braces and replaced his buffer tubes with smooth pistol tubes. He told me he doesn't have silencers because he doesn't want the cops knocking on his door at 3am to inspect his safe. Yes he told me this in the year 2023 and he has the internet.

I know someone who pulled his braces and replaced his buffer tubes with smooth pistol tubes. He told me he doesn't have silencers because he doesn't want the cops knocking on his door at 3am to inspect his safe. Yes he told me this in the year 2023 and he has the internet.
Crazy! What actually happens in real life is the ATF will bust in throwing flash bangs, shoot his dog and his wife.

Crazy! What actually happens in real life is the ATF will bust in throwing flash bangs, shoot his dog and his wife.
Yeah, because if there is one thing that someone needs to worry about, it is NOT the cops "knocking on the door at 3AM."