• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Pistol for wife... Suggestions???

Re: Pistol for wife... Suggestions???

I was double checking the .380 Glock. I have a LCP but if Glock ever starts selling their .380 in the state I will probably get one. I have ammo already and I am set up to reload for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You use the lock box only when you leave the car. On getting in your car get the pistol out for use when you go to exit the car lock it up. </div></div>

That is what I do. Nothing worse then coming out to find your car broken into and your weapon gone.

Gobbler, <span style="font-weight: bold">please</span> do your own research on this (Graham's Rule No. 1 is at work) but I can't find anything in the Mississippi statutes that say you cannot carry a concealed weapon in your vehicle. In fact, in your state's statues (97-37-1 sub 2) it says that if you're over 18, it is legal for you to carry a deadly weapon concealed in whole or in part within the confines of your home, place of business, or any real property associated with your home or business, or within your motor vehicle.

Like I said, please do your own research but from what I can see you don't have to worry about breaking the law if the gun is concealed in your car. I know in KY, if you don't have a CCDWL, it can only be concealed in the glove compartment of your vehicle. If it's under the seat it's illegal (unless you have your CCDWL). Doesn't look like you have to worry about that in MS.

ETA: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1651428&gonew=1#UNREAD

Pistol for your wife? If my wife wanted to carry, I would suggest a .380 for a starter carry. I haven't shot much pistol smaller than .40, but I have shot a Bersa .380, and liked it. It's cheap, small, and recoil wasn't bad. Just my .02

A .380 blowback pistol is not for any newbie. They can be a real bear to control in recoil.

I know that sounds crazy, but I've got some 9x18s that'd really change your mind.

In general, you cannot obtain a Glock 25 the subcompact .380 model Glock in the US because they do not meet the requirement of the Gun Control Act of 1968 to be imported for civilian sales. It is legal to import a Glock 25 for LE/Military use, however. Very occasionally one that was imported into US for LE/Military use is sold, traded, or otherwise legally transferred to a dealer, once that happens the gun can be sold to anyone just like any handgun. They are rare but very occasionally you can find a legal Glock 25 for sale by a dealer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DoubleGobble00</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am thinking about getting my wife a pistol for her car. Any recommendations? I was thinking snub nosed hammerless feather lite 38 or something of that nature. I simple revolver that is small enough to fit her hand that you just point and shoot. Any good ideas on brands or models? Seems like Taurus makes some that are around $300. I also toyed with the idea of a 22. I know that is not much of a round but it would be much easier for her to shoot. What ya think....

Btw, she would have to practice with them regularly and will be taught all safety measures. So it has so be something she can shoot and like to shoot.

DoubleG </div></div>

I was never a big KAHR fan until I shot their MK9 series. Its small, Light, Very easy to handle and a flat out shooter. You cannot believe the accuracy of this small pistol even while shooting very fast. Its an expensive pistol but its built very well and without a doubt the best ladies pistol I have ever fired. My wife is 5'1" and 110 and she handles it spectacularly well and carries it daily.

Before you make any decision you should really check them out. I carry a S&W hammerless as a boot weapon and its great. Its very light but also kicks like it is also. While its not excessive it can get tough to shoot for my wife as the felt recoil is more than the KAHR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Um this is my suggestion for ANYONE who is looking to get something for the wife or gf or whatever.

Take them to somewhere that rents handguns and let them TRY OUT everything that is a possibility. Dont be affraid if she shoots a 1911 and likes it, or a Glock 17 and likes it .... let HER decide what she wants, not what you THINK she needs. </div></div>

+1000

i know i said it before somewhere but i just think most pistols are just not very appropriate for wives. use a big bore hunting rifle and make a really big mess if yer goin to jail anyway.

Thanks for the info on the lock box. That makes sense to me.

In MS, your vehicle is an extension of your home so you can have a concealed weapon in your vehicle without a permit. I have asked several officers this question.

Hopefully, we will get out and shoot a few pistols soon.

DoubleG

charter arms "pink lady" .38, my wife loves it, small enough for little hands, recoil is more "managable" than my kimber

FN 57N pistol. 20 rounds in the mag, and the pistol comes with three mags. Hardly no recoil but extremely noisy for a little guy.

I've shot a Judge, it was a bitch to shoot, heavy trigger, stiff recoil and a bit big. I'd get a small or mid frame steel 4" 357 and have her shoot light 38's for practice. Get one with good sites. I have a Smith 66 that would be great. You would have to find a used 66, smith does not make them anymore. Rossi makes a small frame steel 357, but the quality is spotty.

I agree with outsydlooknin75 and outrider. Let her pick what she likes and feels comfortable with. Sometimes your lady will surprise you. Mine carries a Glock 19, a Beretta Tomcat 32 and also has a Kahr K9. I guess it depends on which one matches her outfit the best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JML403</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DoubleGobble00</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking <span style="text-decoration: underline">snub nosed hammerless feather lite 38 </span>or something of that nature.
DoubleG </div></div>

Its pretty hard to beat your initial thought
</div></div>

You can't go wrong with this piece- my g/f has one as she has limited mobility in her left hand - auto's are for fun but her carry gun is exactly like this one except black.

You squeeze, it goes bang, it carries a very decent punch with 129gr Federal Hydrashocks - bad guy goes down or goes away - that's all that matters.

Reliable, safe, useable. No hammer to snag on anything - definitely want hammerless - learned that from an LE friend - hammers snag!

Second - the new Ruger LCS - small auto- no safety though, it's a 380 auto - not sold on it yet..
SW642B.jpg

Thanks again for all the ideas. We went pistol shopping this weekend to let her look at them and hold a couple guns to see what fits her. She did not like the automatics at all. She had a hard time pulling the slide and too many features. Of the revolvers we looked at she like the S&W airweight 38 hammerless (as pictured above) and the Taurus 38 hammerless. She actually like the Taurus a little better since it fit her hand better. The grip on the S&W was a tad small.

I hope to borrow one from a friend and let her shoot it before we go buy her one. We are getting close...

Now I need to find me a new pistol! ha.

DoubleG

I carried a baby glock 26 in a holster in my purse for years. I did get a pinky grip but on the mag for extra support. Yeah my purse was a little heavy but I always felt safe.

I don't have any complaints with the Taurus revolvers. They seem to be a lot more reliable than their autoloaders. My dad has a Taurus .38 that seems to fit the hand better than a lot of the snubby Smiths I've handled, except the M&P .357 revolver. That thing was <span style="font-style: italic">nice</span>.

Well I bit the bullet and bought her a S&W 642 Stainless Airweight. There was about a $90 different in the S&W and the Taurus so I went with the Smith. I plan to bring her to a local range and let the Range Master (gun instructor) show her the proper way to shoot it. I think with the right ammo she will shoot it just fine. She really like it. Thanks for all the suggestions. I appreciate it.

DoubleG