• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

pistol grip tripod mounts

Re: pistol grip tripod mounts

Have been running the cheap knockoff version for many years now 1/2 the price, + no complaints

I saw one at a recent match that I don't think was manfrotto. It seemed to line up behind the head if that makes any sense. I have no idea who makes it though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jephs422</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a manfrotto 3265 head. Works fine </div></div>

I tried that one for a bit, but I didn't think I had enough control when using a larger spotting scope.

I saw one that had a spotter mounted on top and a laser on the side. any body know of a m'frotto that has multiple mounting points?

I saw one that had a spotter mounted on top and a laser on the side. any body know of a m'frotto that has multiple mounting points?

The head listed above allows that. The small nubs at the end of the handle are covers for screws that allow that if I am not mistaken. You cannot co-witness the LRF w/ the spotter but you can mount two, possibly even three things on this head.

Tripod shooting and use in the field for all sorts of optics has become the norm and with that the availability and different tripod set ups has exploded. In addition to the, what we call the SLIK "Medium" and "Large" tripods we offer the same tripod and grip head currently being fielded by the US Army sniper program in conjunction with our SSP-2 cradle in multicam, we refer to this model of SLIK tripod and grip head as our "HD" offerings. The grip head is a SLIK AF1100 E and I have found it to be better suited for the support of firearms related tripod use than many of the other offerings out there at a much better price. Just a couple of things I really like about this grip head is the plate attachment area can be allowed to swivel independent of having to manipulate the grip handle. This works nice and smooth when engaging movers or covering a large target area panning side to side. We have also found that this AF1100 E works really well on the medium and large models as a replacement to the quarter turn small ball head they come with. This grip head comes with a 1/4" to 3/8" thread reducer so it will work with the standard 1/4"x20 male thread found on the majority of tripods or the 3/8" ,ale thread found on the larger model tripods. If you have any questions or need any specific feedback on any of these products use do not hesitate to email or call us.

I saw one at a recent match that I don't think was manfrotto. It seemed to line up behind the head if that makes any sense. I have no idea who makes it though.

The new bushnell tripods have a vertical grip behind the head with a trigger versus out to the side on the manfrotto

Jordan0317, the Bushnell tripod is manufactured by SLIK and the grip head is the AF1100 E I mentioned earlier. The "HD" as we refer to our offering of the SLIK AF1100 E and the DX700 leg assembly are very capable tripods with excellent stability and superb versatility and durability at a price point that certainly beats the competition. The only detractor for me is that the "HD" is bulky compared to the SLIK "Large" and "Medium" tripods we offer. The "HD" fills the role of a range tripod or one that does not have to be humped in a ruck long distances in crap terrain. If displacing from a vehicle right into a hide or FFP they work well but do create a larger footprint than the "Large' and "Medium". The "Large" and Medium" are excellent choices for field work and or competitions and with the ease at which the AF1100 E operates on the "Large" and "Medium" tripod you can build a system best suited for you, your kit, and the task at hand.

The new bushnell tripods have a vertical grip behind the head with a trigger versus out to the side on the manfrotto

Got anymore info on these tripods? I've searched and can't seem to find anything- neither here or google

The Mil issue Bushnell kit is around $750, not including a rifle rest attachment. US Tactical Supply has a few.
These kits have been plagued with inconsistency issues. Some work great and others can't even support the weight of a spotting scope w/ NV mount. I've talked to many Marines and SF Soldiers with similar reports. Talk to anyone who was at this years 2014 Bushnell Brawl. There was a tripod shooting stage and the tripods couldn't support the shooter's rifles. It was a poor showing.

The industry standard for grip ball heads is the Manfrotto 322RC2. The quick release plates are metal and you can adjust the ball friction if you need more grip for heavy rifles (via a small hex screw at the head's base)
The Slik grip head can't adjust.

I was only interested as Bushnell has outstanding mil-pricing. But if it's that bad, then perhaps sticking with manfrotto would be wise.

To me the use of the Manfrotto foot makes it a no brainer. I have multiple feet and can click in and out of different heads with no fuss and no muss. I can use the same tripod for my spotting scope, my rifle, my camera, etc.

The Mil issue Bushnell kit is around $750, not including a rifle rest attachment. US Tactical Supply has a few.
These kits have been plagued with inconsistency issues. Some work great and others can't even support the weight of a spotting scope w/ NV mount. I've talked to many Marines and SF Soldiers with similar reports. Talk to anyone who was at this years 2014 Bushnell Brawl. There was a tripod shooting stage and the tripods couldn't support the shooter's rifles. It was a poor showing.

The industry standard for grip ball heads is the Manfrotto 322RC2. The quick release plates are metal and you can adjust the ball friction if you need more grip for heavy rifles (via a small hex screw at the head's base)
The Slik grip head can't adjust.

Nailed it... we still use our manfrottos that we all purchased versus the issued Bushnell, the ones our platoon have will not support a rifle and struggle with vectors

Anyone know if the Manfrotto 322 head is compatible with Slik tripods?

I have the 322RC2 mounted on a Slick. I had to use a 1/4-20 to 3/8 bushing to make it work. The tripod supports it with a spotter and rangefinder well.

I have the 322RC2 mounted on a Slick. I had to use a 1/4-20 to 3/8 bushing to make it work. The tripod supports it with a spotter and rangefinder well.

Aha, so the threads are incompatible, you just need to use an adapter. Thanks. I prefer the Manfrotto grip design to the Slik Af1100e design, but the Slik tripod is working just fine for me.

Do you have a part number/source for the bushing you used?