• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Pistol Safes

climbinbrandon

Private
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2010
Savannah, GA
I'm in the market for an affordable pistol safe to put on the bedside table. Looking at the finger combos, and biometrics for quick access. I know you guys have opinions and experience. Let me hear about it. Thanks.
cool.gif

Re: Pistol Safes

i have no complaints against my gunvault deluxe. keypad, physical key, plenty of space, you can get em with a light inside

gun vault save the money and go with the finger punch model and not the fingerprint scan version i didnt like it as much as the original.

I have the gunvault as well - easy access. I would not however think that anyone who breaks into your house would have a very hard time getting into it if they are packing even a small crowbar.

Not fast access but just got this in an email this morning: pistol wall safe

Crowbar or no, a burglar would be pretty disappointed to find himself with an empty metal box or on the business end of its contents.
grin.gif
When I'm outta the house, the guns with me anyhow. I just wanna keep kids and other benign passerby out of it. I'm still looking, but the gunvault with finger combo seems to be on point for what I need. Thanks for the advice guys.

I had a gunvault... until the battery died and I couldn't find the key. When I used a screwdriver to pry it open, the door popped WAAAAY too easy.

I have since replaced my beside safe with the SOLID Fort Knox pistol safe with mechanical buttons. This this is awesome, would highly recommend.. and it's only $150...

http://www.ftknox.com/redesign/pistolboxes/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootinbrandon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crowbar or no, a burglar would be pretty disappointed to find himself with an empty metal box or on the business end of its contents.
grin.gif
When I'm outta the house, the guns with me anyhow. I just wanna keep kids and other benign passerby out of it. I'm still looking, but the gunvault with finger combo seems to be on point for what I need. Thanks for the advice guys. </div></div>

Definitely well said it's not the safe I store my gunsin when I am gone and can't bring them with me that's wen they go into the canon safe but for keeping them away from the little ones but close and easily accessed in my home I like it.

I've got a gunvault and have no complaints.

As for them being to easy to break into, these safes are for keeping kids and honest people out. I find it more important to get quick access into my handgun safe than being tight like a bank vault. I've got other safes for that.

I'm really liking that Titan. Only safe I've seen yet that basically hands you your pistol. lol. Alas, three bills is a bit more than I'm looking to pay right now. I will definitely keep that one in mind for if/when I decide the put something in my truck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootinbrandon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm really liking that Titan. Only safe I've seen yet that basically hands you your pistol. lol. Alas, three bills is a bit more than I'm looking to pay right now. I will definitely keep that one in mind for if/when I decide the put something in my truck. </div></div>

You may find a better deal at a gun show. That's were I found mine and I was sold the minute I saw it, but it took me three months to actually decide buy it
smile.gif