• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Piston vs Gas for an AR???

Re: Piston vs Gas for an AR???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: at4rxj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Dear Coon:

I apologize.

-General Chaos </div></div>

LOL
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kimberseries1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SteelShot11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JFK!? Did someone just say that all piston guns have carrier tilt issues? Someone needs to do some research on the manufacturing process and parts used in the making of a quality piston gun - no, Im not saying piston is better than DI at all.

Also, the front end weight of a piston gun is negligble compared to a DI....there are 3 parts that way like 2-3 ounces. If you can't hold that up then whoever doesn't deserve to even be shooting the weapon. Hit the weight room first and then bitch about the added weight.

</div></div>

2-3 ounces my aunt fannie!! try the weight of the Eotech 553 at least! Yea, the Barret is lighter, but the LWRC is NOT, and <span style="font-weight: bold">I'm guessin the POF and PWS are about the same weight as LWRC.</span></div></div>

Actually, that is incorrect. Here are the weights.

LWRC REPR 20" - 11.25lbs
POF P308 20" - 9.24lbs
PWS MK216 16" - 8lbs 12oz.

Barrett doesn't make a 7.62 rifle. </div></div>

Thought we were talkin' 5.56......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kimberseries1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SteelShot11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JFK!? Did someone just say that all piston guns have carrier tilt issues? Someone needs to do some research on the manufacturing process and parts used in the making of a quality piston gun - no, Im not saying piston is better than DI at all.

Also, the front end weight of a piston gun is negligble compared to a DI....there are 3 parts that way like 2-3 ounces. If you can't hold that up then whoever doesn't deserve to even be shooting the weapon. Hit the weight room first and then bitch about the added weight.

</div></div>

2-3 ounces my aunt fannie!! try the weight of the Eotech 553 at least! Yea, the Barret is lighter, but the LWRC is NOT, and <span style="font-weight: bold">I'm guessin the POF and PWS are about the same weight as LWRC.</span></div></div>

Actually, that is incorrect. Here are the weights.

LWRC REPR 20" - 11.25lbs
POF P308 20" - 9.24lbs
PWS MK216 16" - 8lbs 12oz.

Barrett doesn't make a 7.62 rifle. </div></div>

My BCM M4 Mod 0 - 6 lbs 4 oz
LWRC M6A2 - 7.3 lbs (16.1" barrel)

Like I said, 2-3 ounces my aunt fannie!

And by the way, I run irons(plastic Magpul MBUS rear), but I still have an A2 front, and still way more barrel light than every piston I've held accept the Barrett, that was a close comparison.

So are you against running cans, lights, lasers and all the other items you can run on an AR or do you run with the kiss principle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iXp2ruZoxK8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iXp2ruZoxK8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

which one is you? </div></div>

I'm not in that video as your mom had me preoccupied in the other room...
grin.gif
</div></div>

laugh.gif

1) I kinda look like my mom, so I can see why you are attracted to her.

2) Do you always post videos of little boys while pre-occupied with mom's?

3) you can talk to ghosts/spirits/the-dead? </div></div>

1. So your mom looks like a man or you look like a girl? I couldn't tell with the lights off...

2. Now why is it the very next thing to go through your mind is little boys? You even model your online handle after a little fat kid? You play with dolls?

3. If your implying your mother is dead and I should somehow feel ashamed for going there... I'm not. That's what they make tanning beds and heating pads for.

Now... If you'd like to settle this with a Roshambo contest I will gladly go first. Luckily for you I'll have a hard time hitting your little balls...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

laugh.gif

1) I kinda look like my mom, so I can see why you are attracted to her.

2) Do you always post videos of little boys while pre-occupied with mom's?

3) you can talk to ghosts/spirits/the-dead? </div></div>

1. So your mom looks like a man or you look like a girl? I couldn't tell with the lights off...

2. Now why is it the very next thing to go through your mind is little boys? You even model your online handle after a little fat kid? You play with dolls?

3. If your implying your mother is dead and I should somehow feel ashamed for going there... I'm not. That's what they make tanning beds and heating pads for.

Now... If you'd like to settle this with a Roshambo contest I will gladly go first. Luckily for you I'll have a hard time hitting your little balls... </div></div>

1) I guess she does look like a man. If you are into men there is nothing wrong with that.

2) Well it was you that posted a video of 2 boys while occupied with a lady. Are you telling me these are not 2 little boys? Are they donkeys? Is it a crime to play with dolls?

3) Just asking if you can make love to ghost is all. I think it's cool that you can make love to manly looking ghosts.

I guess I will have to wait another 2 days for you to answer?
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So are you against running cans, lights, lasers and all the other items you can run on an AR or do you run with the kiss principle?
</div></div>

I'll be adding a can to one soon, but to my FNAR(hogs), or if I had a .300 BO. I don't see the need to run 5.56 suppressed. Subsonic pills are anemic at best, and supersonic still gives the "crack" through the sound barrier.

I personally don't like lasers, I feel they give your position away and are a bad habit for proper shooting techniques when you begin to rely on them, and other reasons. I don't like lights for the same reason, even if they're off.

I see the use for red-dots, I just don't like 'em personally. I might by a blocked AR in the future for red-dot purpose (and BUIS), but I'm still not sold on it. Maybe an Eotech for situations where you cannot safely line up irons from cover....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
1) I guess she does look like a man. If you are into men there is nothing wrong with that.

2) Well it was you that posted a video of 2 boys while occupied with a lady. Are you telling me these are not 2 little boys? Are they donkeys? Is it a crime to play with dolls?

3) Just asking if you can make love to ghost is all. I think it's cool that you can make love to manly looking ghosts.

laugh.gif
</div></div>

I didn't realize I was on a schedule for responding. Some of us have real jobs, don't live in our dead moms basement, and don't obsess over watching a thread to come up with a poor quips in defense of being a "Fucking Idiot" and to further distract from a topic that many tried to get back on track only to have your dumb ass show up again with the normal stupidity.

1. Again you automatically lead into homosexual conclusions as it's obviously on your mind. Hell the thread you started upon your return is even "I'm back Homos" as if you were trying to give a shout out to your gay friends...

2. Again, you lead into the "little boys" as it's on your brain probably from playing with little boy dolls. I don't know where the crime issue came from like many of your useless sidetracks...

3. I never said I was "Making Love". Did you really just subconsciously try to romanticize the thought of me boinking your mom. That's so sweet, but know I won't be your new daddy...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kimberseries1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So are you against running cans, lights, lasers and all the other items you can run on an AR or do you run with the kiss principle?
</div></div>

I'll be adding a can to one soon, but to my FNAR(hogs), or if I had a .300 BO. I don't see the need to run 5.56 suppressed. Subsonic pills are anemic at best, and supersonic still gives the "crack" through the sound barrier.

I personally don't like lasers, I feel they give your position away and are a bad habit for proper shooting techniques when you begin to rely on them, and other reasons. I don't like lights for the same reason, even if they're off.

I see the use for red-dots, I just don't like 'em personally. I might by a blocked AR in the future for red-dot purpose (and BUIS), but I'm still not sold on it. Maybe an Eotech for situations where you cannot safely line up irons from cover....

</div></div>

I only ask b/c the addition of the said items increase the weapons weight (what so many ding a piston AR for) and if your running all these items... this debate is pointless... However if you do prefer the kiss principal, your input is valid and I agree.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

laugh.gif
</div></div>

I didn't realize I was on a schedule for responding. Some of us have real jobs, don't live in our dead moms basement, and don't obsess over watching a thread to come up with a poor quips in defense of being a "Fucking Idiot" and to further distract from a topic that many tried to get back on track only to have your dumb ass show up again with the normal stupidity.

1. Again you automatically lead into homosexual conclusions as it's obviously on your mind. Hell the thread you started upon your return is even "I'm back Homos" as if you were trying to give a shout out to your gay friends...

2. Again, you lead into the "little boys" as it's on your brain probably from playing with little boy dolls. I don't know where the crime issue came from like many of your useless sidetracks...

3. I never said I was "Making Love". Did you really just subconsciously try to romanticize the thought of me boinking your mom. That's so sweet, but know I won't be your new daddy... </div></div>

A) you sound like a very important person with important tasks at hand. Yes I live in my mom's basement and I know I am not at your level.. my goal is to one day be like you.. I feel lucky to converse with people such as yourself.

B) If preferring DI-AR over a Piston-AR makes me a "Fucking Idiot" then I am all for being a "Fucking Idiot".

1-2) What homo sexual conclusions? I was not the one that posted a video of 2 boys. I was just asking if you always post videos of 2 little boys, that is all I asked. What is it about little boys that you like that you post videos of them??? Homo Sapiens means humans, basically my fellow man. "What up Homo's!" is another way of saying "What up men".

3) Oh my bad. I thought when you said you were with my mom, I just assumed you were making love. Thank you for clarifying that.. what were you guys doing in the dark together? Playing ghost? Also do you always post videos of little boys while playing with dead people in the dark?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why isnt this thread closed yet? </div></div>

Why should it be? We, me included are just talking about AR's, but if people want to take it off topic, I can help keep it off topic too
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kimberseries1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My BCM M4 Mod 0 - 6 lbs 4 oz
LWRC M6A2 - 7.3 lbs (16.1" barrel)

Like I said, 2-3 ounces my aunt fannie! </div></div>

WTF! You can't compare weights when one has a mid length quad rail and BUIS and one does not! LMFAO! Take that away and 2-3 oz is about right.

howz that for your aunt fannie??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why isnt this thread closed yet? </div></div>

Why should it be? We, me included are just talking about AR's, but if people want to take it off topic, I can help keep it off topic too
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Actually, you and a few others are arguing like high school girls.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why isnt this thread closed yet? </div></div>

laugh.gif
</div></div>

Actually, you and a few others are arguing like high school girls. </div></div>

Who is arguing? I am only discussing the merits of the DI system. If people want to go off topic, I can help keep it off topic.

Also what do HS girls argue like?

I once shot an Elephant in my pajamas with an DIG operated AR-15. Now, how the Elephant got in my pajamas I'll never know, but the AR-15 worked flawlessly.