• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Places to get a good cerakote finish?

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    I have plans to send my rifle off to whoever eventually after it gets completed in a year or so. I see some awesome finishes on this site and was wondering what are some good places to look. Also per say if they do not offer the exact camo i want could i email them a picture of the finish i want and they could coat it from looking at a pic? For instance this is the exact finish i want on my rifle when it gets done, could i just send this pic to whomever i get to coat my rifle? This rifle is probably a member's on here if i remember right.
    qxt6vk.jpg

Re: Places to get a good cerakote finish?

Might wanna fill out your profile so hide members can suggest a local finisher for you. If you're in Northern California Todd at Phantom Finishing can hook you up with what you need. I had a rifle done by him an he did a hell of a job with the Cerakote. He goes by Tpowers on the board.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoredEngineer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Might wanna fill out your profile so hide members can suggest a local finisher for you. If you're in Northern California Todd at Phantom Finishing can hook you up with what you need. I had a rifle done by him an he did a hell of a job with the Cerakote. He goes by Tpowers on the board.</div></div>

Will do I'm in northern mississippi 3 hours from jackson. Which is why I'm betting I have to send it off. Which would be kinda worry some.

I just sent my rifle off to Controlled Chaos Arms to get cerakoted. I didn't see any example on his website of a patern that I liked so I sent him a pic and he said he could do it from that. One thing he said is that he likes the customer to pick out the actual colors so that there isn't a misunderstanding later on. Some peoples version of "dark brown" differ. If you find a pattern and color you like you can always send a PM to the owner and he might be able to tell you exactly what colors were used.

Cheers!
    Stiggy

American Precision Arms, of Jefferson, GA does a great job. Call Jered Joplin and he'll take care of you.

Thanks for the help guys. Should i be nervous about sending my rifle off when the time comes? Or is it a safe process?

Hey man, I'm in Tupelo. Don't know how close you are to hear but we have a local guy that does a good job. He has done 3 or 4 for me and a few for buddies. You also have Birdsong in Jackson who does a modified Teflon type coating. His work is outstanding. Lots of guys on the Hide can vouch for his work and he does a good bit of Govt contracting. He has done one for me and I have a new build that I am about to send him. You can pm me if you want any of the contact info. Good luck.
    Lee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ebby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey man, I'm in Tupelo. Don't know how close you are to hear but we have a local guy that does a good job. He has done 3 or 4 for me and a few for buddies. You also have Birdsong in Jackson who does a modified Teflon type coating. His work is outstanding. Lots of guys on the Hide can vouch for his work and he does a good bit of Govt contracting. He has done one for me and I have a new build that I am about to send him. You can pm me if you want any of the contact info. Good luck.
    Lee</div></div>

Good to hear, i'm in Clarksdale so not that far really. Do you think he could do it based off of the Snakeskin pattern i posted above?

I'm sure he could. He does lots of pattern work. He does Duracoat as well and uses that for most of his stock work and Cerakote for his metal work.