• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Places to shoot in west central VA? (Midlothian)

jr81452

Professional Skeptic
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2007
Saint petersburg, Florida
Going to be up visiting family in Midlothian on Nov 06-09 and wanted to take my niece (9) and nephew (12) to the range. Looking around, I'm not seeing much with 100yrd or better (just Amelia wma afaict). Any members know of a good place to go? Range, public land, Private land, parking lot nobody uses? Only planning on bringing .22lr and 5.56, nothing larger. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JR

Thanks for the info. 🍻
I got super excited until I read "BBSC operates as a private club and is not open to the public." :cry:
Anyone here a member who wants to help a guy out? :unsure:

I just read about it here maybeyou could post in their to get more info

Guys he’s not looking for a long range place to shoot.
He’s looking for somewhere to go for the day to shoot a .22 and a 5.56

I live in Montpelier. There are only indoor public ranges. The one by Bass Pro shops in Ashland and the colonial shooting in Richmond.

OP. I should be around that Sunday. I’m probably 45 min from you and I have a 100y range with steel.

PM me. Maybe we can set something up

^^^Best offer you're going to find!

I'm local to the Midlo area and there are a couple of options Black Creek in Mechanicsville VA, or Frontline Defense NC (2 hours south on I 85). http://cavrpc.org/ I believe is Members only but can bring guests.

Reactions: jr81452
^^^Best offer you're going to find!

I'm local to the Midlo area and there are a couple of options Black Creek in Mechanicsville VA, or Frontline Defense NC (2 hours south on I 85). http://cavrpc.org/ I believe is Members only but can bring guests.

Isn’t black creek members only?

Frontline is a decent option if you feel like driving that far. Open to public on weekends. It’s not a terrible drive

Cavalier is definitely members only. But they can bring up to 4 guests. I’ll be there with a buddy this Sunday letting the wife get some practice before her 2nd match.

Isn’t black creek members only?

Frontline is a decent option if you feel like driving that far. Open to public on weekends. It’s not a terrible drive

Cavalier is definitely members only. But they can bring up to 4 guests. I’ll be there with a buddy this Sunday letting the wife get some practice before her 2nd match.
Just confirmed Black creek is members only...sorry about that. Comps are open to public...

Frontline is really nice and the ability to get out to 500 for guests, in my opinion, makes it worth a drive. After a weekend trip there with my old man a few months ago I did end up becoming a member. The pricing per hour for guests is on par with that of Colonial and Greentop as well.

Best of luck to your wife! Where is the match?

Just confirmed Black creek is members only...sorry about that. Comps are open to public...

Frontline is really nice and the ability to get out to 500 for guests, in my opinion, makes it worth a drive. After a weekend trip there with my old man a few months ago I did end up becoming a member. The pricing per hour for guests is on par with that of Colonial and Greentop as well.

Best of luck to your wife! Where is the match?

Yeah frontline is a cool facility. I go there a lot for matches. Just shot a National Level match there last weekend.

The match she is shooting is at Pigg River Precision in Rocky Mount VA.