• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Plate Carrier vs Vest

Clint knows😉🇺🇸
IMG_1606.jpeg

Old thread I know but things are changing-Best deal on plates right now, Buffman tested these plates on youtube. They have edge to edge protection and run about $200 a PAIR, weigh 4.5lbs I think depending on size and cut. Yeah they're made in china but less than half the price of others and perform better than most. Rated RF2- new JIC rating system stops all but 30-06 AP, including M855, M193 even stopped M855A1 with normal length barrels. Militech RF2 https://mili-tech.com/collections/rf2-armor/products/militech®-nij-iii-0101-06-rf2-0101-07-sapi-sized-ballistic-panels-pair-set?variant=37012548223132
Buffman- Notice everthing he shoots is in excess of the RF2 NIJ rating, longer barrels and ammo at higher velocity watch until the end when he dissects the plates.

Old thread I know but things are changing-Best deal on plates right now, Buffman tested these plates on youtube. They have edge to edge protection and run about $200 a PAIR, weigh 4.5lbs I think depending on size and cut. Yeah they're made in china but less than half the price of others and perform better than most. Rated RF2- new JIC rating system stops all but 30-06 AP, including M855, M193 even stopped M855A1 with normal length barrels. Militech RF2 https://mili-tech.com/collections/rf2-armor/products/militech®-nij-iii-0101-06-rf2-0101-07-sapi-sized-ballistic-panels-pair-set?variant=37012548223132
Buffman- Notice everthing he shoots is in excess of the RF2 NIJ rating, longer barrels and ammo at higher velocity watch until the end when he dissects the plates.

Do you understand that by buying Chinese plates, your funding the PLA to put plates on their people? AFAF...

Do you understand that by buying Chinese plates, your funding the PLA to put plates on their people? AFAF...
And doing their r&d for them. I want another pistol dot so bad right now but the rmr is just a little out of reach at the moment. That holosun starts to look tempting and then I think about it. Then I think, F china. I'll save my money a little longer and keep it here.

With the Bidens giving them money do you think they need to sell plates for funding? R&D really? I'm not giving them feedback. 90% of everything sold at walmart for the last 20 years has been made in china, if we search your house how many things would we find made in china? Nice try but you aren't making me feel bad.

Here's a great plate for you guys, made right here in the US. Shotstop RF2 $650 a plate has apx 1"foam at all edges so a 10x12 plate will give you apx 8x10 coverage. That is a company you can support.

With the Bidens giving them money do you think they need to sell plates for funding? R&D really? I'm not giving them feedback. 90% of everything sold at walmart for the last 20 years has been made in china, if we search your house how many things would we find made in china? Nice try but you aren't making me feel bad.

Here's a great plate for you guys, made right here in the US. Shotstop RF2 $650 a plate has apx 1"foam at all edges so a 10x12 plate will give you apx 8x10 coverage. That is a company you can support.
My personal feelings on this is, just because everyone else is doing it, still doesn't make it right. If you don't feel bad about it, so be it.

Just don't try to justify it, because then you just sound like another liberal hack, justifying gender fluidity, systemic racism, or reparations. ..."Because, well, everyone else is saying/doing it, so it must be okay if I say or do it". Smdh...

Their economy is on the brink of collapse; no need to help them out of that.

My personal feelings on this is, just because everyone else is doing it, still doesn't make it right. If you don't feel bad about it, so be it.

Just don't try to justify it, because then you just sound like another liberal hack, justifying gender fluidity, systemic racism, or reparations. ..."Because, well, everyone else is saying/doing it, so it must be okay if I say or do it". Smdh...

So someone doesn't agree with you and all of a sudden they promote gender changes, racism and reparations? SMDH

So, never thought I’d need it in small town America but given the fact that I’ve now had violent protests 2 miles from my house I am looking into some type of body armor.

Would like to get some thoughts on plate carrier vs a IIIa vest for these types of civil unrest incidents. I have no plans to run around like Rambo so my first inclination is to give up rifle protection in favor of a vest because I may use it more often but would like to hear others perspectives.

Your experiences with both would be appreciated as I have zero experience with either.
I'm not sure if you're still looking for low profile armor, but these guys are fairly new, and seem to be onto something (always selling out of product). Anyways, just thought I'd pass it along...

Mrgunsngear did a review on Bulletproof Everyone,s armor concealment shirt ,very impressive thin lightweight and stopped most common handgun calibers up to 44mag multiple hit capability, kinda pricey at 700$ , if I didn't already have soft and hard plates I'd consider their product , unable to link video, but it's on his YouTube channel.

Mrgunsngear did a review on Bulletproof Everyone,s armor concealment shirt ,very impressive thin lightweight and stopped most common handgun calibers up to 44mag multiple hit capability, kinda pricey at 700$ , if I didn't already have soft and hard plates I'd consider their product , unable to link video, but it's on his YouTube channel.
Sounds like something I want to wear to work every day. LOL

Reactions: MarinePMI
Yeah, blunt force trauma is going to be the real issue. But, like most armor, it's not really intended to save your life, it's intended to keep you alive long enough to neutralize the threat.

Yeah, blunt force trauma is going to be the real issue. But, like most armor, it's not really intended to save your life, it's intended to keep you alive long enough to neutralize the threat.
PPE is always the last line of defense.

Hear hear!

The people who are fine with buying products from OEM Chinese companies, and "made in China", can't see beyond the 'perceived cost savings' and feeling of 'getting a steal of a deal'. In reality they've been conned into directly supporting the enemy, China, while at the same time hurting the western nations.

Then they turn around and justify it with the only thing they can come up with- "look at all the Chinese products you own". They're too short sighted to realize that is a better argument to NOT buy Chinese, than it is a justification to help China steal ever more industries from the western world. Talk about dense.

Hear hear!

The people who are fine with buying products from OEM Chinese companies, and "made in China", can't see beyond the 'perceived cost savings' and feeling of 'getting a steal of a deal'. In reality they've been conned into directly supporting the enemy, China, while at the same time hurting the western nations.

Then they turn around and justify it with the only thing they can come up with- "look at all the Chinese products you own". They're too short sighted to realize that is a better argument to NOT buy Chinese, than it is a justification to help China steal ever more industries from the western world. Talk about dense.
Is there a list of actual US manufactured plates anywhere?
All I find is US companies that source their stuff other places - without actually admitting they don't manufacture them here.

All I find is US companies that source their stuff other places - without actually admitting they don't manufacture them here.
I don't know of a list but that doesn't mean there isn't one on the 'net somewhere.

American made is my preference and first choice, but the FIRST battle is that things not be "made in China".

TenCate Armor supplies many OEMs and they have armor factories in the U.S., France, and Denmark.

Fuck Joe Biden, and Fuck China- especially the OEM Chinese companies like Holoson, Olite, Swampf0x, feenix...

Last edited:
If it requires an ITAR Compliance signature (similar for NV gear), it's made in the US. I just had to sign one from SierraTac when I ordered another set of M210's.

I can see situations where a soft vest is much more applicable and practical. Most of that is if I were wearing it under clothes.

Reactions: MarinePMI